Parmd

First Name
Parm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
bicycle
Country flag
just had a call from my dealer and they’ve had an email with no explanation from Germany telling them that any Taycans still at Emden won’t arrive this month. I’ve been assured my car will arrive before the end of the year. Not sure if this has anything todo with the recall people have been talking about (mine is a Turbo S) but unlikely due to it affecting all Taycans
Sponsored

First Name
Xenophon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (MY21)
Country flag
My cars been sat at Emden since 7th Nov and didn't make it on to the ship on the Thursday or Friday (apparently 2 a week). Is any one else stuck in the same situation (CP08 was 5th Nov)? I've been told there's a number of cars waiting to be sent over, haven't had a timeline from dealer but is this a normal wait time ? Thanks

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
just had a call from my dealer and they’ve had an email with no explanation from Germany telling them that any Taycans still at Emden won’t arrive this month. I’ve been assured my car will arrive before the end of the year. Not sure if this has anything todo with the recall people have been talking about (mine is a Turbo S) but unlikely due to it affecting all Taycans
How can it be stuck at a port for in excess of 2 weeks? Wouldn’t of thought it would be recall related if at the port?

OP
OP
Parmd

Parmd

First Name
Parm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
bicycle
Country flag
How can it be stuck at a port for in excess of 2 weeks? Wouldn’t of thought it would be recall related if at the port?
I have no idea, I was told at first there 500+ cars waiting to cross, then I was told cars arriving at the docks after the 5th December won’t arrive this year and now this! Getting frustrated as there’s no clarity on what’s going on. A lot of vague excuses

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
I have no idea, I was told at first there 500+ cars waiting to cross, then I was told cars arriving at the docks after the 5th December won’t arrive this year and now this! Getting frustrated as there’s no clarity on what’s going on. A lot of vague excuses
yes, very strange. My business partners has come across in the last 2 weeks ( although now isn’t being released from the dealer due to the recall). Another person I know has been told there’s is on the boat now? Mines heading to the docks in emden now apparently.

Tazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Turbo GT, Aventador SVJ, 812 Superfast
Country flag
Last I heard, my car was there. Not sure what the status is now though.

Tazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just checked and it seems like the ship made its way to Spain a few days ago
Last I heard, my car was there. Not sure what the status is now though.
Ok nvm, my car is in the country now lol

Nickgj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
My car has been in the front window of the showroom at porsche Stockport for 2 weeks now, still no clearer as to when it is getting released to me ?

Taycanturbolondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
My car has been in Emden since the 5th. My dealer gave me ambiguous answers. Porsche Cars Great Britain gave me the same ambiguous answers. After much polite insistence they found out my car is onboard a vessel and gets to sheerness tomorrow morning

Tazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My car has been in Emden since the 5th. My dealer gave me ambiguous answers. Porsche Cars Great Britain gave me the same ambiguous answers. After much polite insistence they found out my car is onboard a vessel and gets to sheerness tomorrow morning

That's annoying, I hope that your handover is quick.
I heard that some cars got built early so their assigned journey dictates when they leave. That's why they hold them at port.

4SJB

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCT Mini Cooper S Audi A4 3.0 TDI
Country flag
I have just heard from my dealer after chasing him for a week.
I ordered 26th Aug, build was 3rd Nov and I had been told delivery 28th Nov. The latest is that the car has now arrived at Sheerness and his best guess is delivery will be possible middle of next week. I will believe that when I see it. It does appear to have been delayed at Emden.
This is my first Porsche and I have to say, I am disappointed that I have heard nothing unless I ask. I stupidly thought that the service would be better than other car marques, but I am frustrated to say, I was wrong. Porsche dealers, along with all other brands I have come in to contact with, are just order takers.

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
I have just heard from my dealer after chasing him for a week.
I ordered 26th Aug, build was 3rd Nov and I had been told delivery 28th Nov. The latest is that the car has now arrived at Sheerness and his best guess is delivery will be possible middle of next week. I will believe that when I see it. It does appear to have been delayed at Emden.
This is my first Porsche and I have to say, I am disappointed that I have heard nothing unless I ask. I stupidly thought that the service would be better than other car marques, but I am frustrated to say, I was wrong. Porsche dealers, along with all other brands I have come in to contact with, are just order takers.
Porsche Ambassador = What will you have (yes order taker). Most Porsche owners know more about their cars than their PA. If you want to learn about Porsches talk to Porsche owners.

Enjoy the new car....

robborover

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan 4s & Cayenne S
Country flag
That's me screwed for an extra 10% if we fail to agree terms with the EU then! :angry:

Taycanturbolondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
That's annoying, I hope that your handover is quick.
I heard that some cars got built early so their assigned journey dictates when they leave. That's why they hold them at port.
Dealer told me my car is at Sheerness and probably next week
Sponsored