First Name
narinder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s, Renault zoe, prev, macan gts
Country flag
Hi

I have just taken delivery of my taycan 4s and it’s spectacular. One issue I’m having is which would be the best switched fuse (acc) socket on the passenger side (uk) to install a blackvue dash cam with the b124x battery.

happy driving
Narry
Sponsored

UKTIVO

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Hi

I have just taken delivery of my taycan 4s and it’s spectacular. One issue I’m having is which would be the best switched fuse (acc) socket on the passenger side (uk) to install a blackvue dash cam with the b124x battery.

happy driving
Narry
Hi... welcome to the growing Taycan ownership..

I too, took delivery of my Turbo just before Christmas. I've refrained from installing my dashcam purely because I'm concerned that if i do have any niggles or issues with the car, and lets face it, most issues with this car will be software or electronic systems based.. I don't want the dealer pointing at my dashcam and blaming my install as the issue..

I'm going to leave the install for at least a few months and then do it...

Roy

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
Hi

happy driving
Narry
Congratulations on your new Taycan. Please look at this thread. It will provide some information on the switched fuse (left side) as well as some information from @Lowpue regarding a front/rear dash cam installation.
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/radar-detector-hardwire-fuse-box.2035/

Neptune

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I was going to get the blackvue too but decided against it.

I don't want to do anything that can hurt my warranty with regards to the 12 volt issue.

Most dashcams state in their manuals that they can not be used in ev cars.

OP
OP
NARRY45

NARRY45

First Name
narinder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi... welcome to the growing Taycan ownership..

I too, took delivery of my Turbo just before Christmas. I've refrained from installing my dashcam purely because I'm concerned that if i do have any niggles or issues with the car, and lets face it, most issues with this car will be software or electronic systems based.. I don't want the dealer pointing at my dashcam and blaming my install as the issue..

I'm going to leave the install for at least a few months and then do it...

Roy
Hi, thanks for that. I think I will also refrain from hardwiring. However I will use the cigarette socket and take out when I park the car.

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi, thanks for that. I think I will also refrain from hardwiring. However I will use the cigarette socket and take out when I park the car.
You will soon realize that the cigarette socket and the usb ports are hidden under the center armrest and if you plug anything to them then the wire does not allow the armrest to close which for me is annoying during driving.

OP
OP
NARRY45

NARRY45

First Name
narinder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You will soon realize that the cigarette socket and the usb ports are hidden under the center armrest and if you plug anything to them then the wire does not allow the armrest to close which for me is annoying during driving.
The wire is quite thin and the armrest closes fine. The only issue is the wire is on display and difficult to tuck on the passenger footwell to get to the battery.

Hootch280

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Macan S, Mclaren 720S
Country flag
Well I have installed a dash cam in my Taycan so I can advise on an ACC connection if you want to do it, but its on fuse panel in the right hand ( drivers ) foot well. I went for the power resources on that side since that's where the - get you out of trouble, open the bonnet when the battery is flat connection is. All the fuse connections on the outer ( end of dash board ) fuse panel are permanently live so good for your +12 volt always on battery connection. I chose fuse 11 since there was no fuse in it and the lower pin of the fuse slot is permanently live. For the ACC I passed the wire through to the other side into the footwell and used Bank B fuse 7 and the upper pin of the fuse socket is switched off when the PCM is off so works just fine. Again in my configuration there is no fuse fitted because its normally the night view assist and I don't have that option. A crimp spade terminal on the wire plugs nicely into the fuse receptor. I'm using a Garmin Dash cam I've had in other cars and need the ACC to power up from standby when the PCM is switched on but it monitors parking should the car be jolted it records a photo. I can confirm it all works fine and does not drain the battery - but leaving it on permanently certainly will - I know !!

BlakDragun2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
The wire is quite thin and the armrest closes fine. The only issue is the wire is on display and difficult to tuck on the passenger footwell to get to the battery.
Where did you end up putting your battery? I just bought the BlackVue 900X Plus and the B-124X battery. I was thinking about putting the battery in the glovebox and using the fuse panel on the passenger side (U.S.).

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
Where did you end up putting your battery? I just bought the BlackVue 900X Plus and the B-124X battery. I was thinking about putting the battery in the glovebox and using the fuse panel on the passenger side (U.S.).
Another member ziptied it under the seat.

BlakDragun2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi

happy driving
Narry
@NARRY45 Where did you end up putting your battery? I just bought the BlackVue 900X Plus and the B-124X battery. I was thinking about putting the battery in the glovebox and using the fuse panel on the passenger side (U.S.).

BlakDragun2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Another member ziptied it under the seat.
Yeah, he had the smaller battery. It wouldn’t fit under my seat.

edit: Never mind. I just had to move my seat upward. Lol. It’s kind of iffy though. If someone puts the seat all the way down, it could crush the battery and/or impede the movement of the seat. I’ll let you all know what the installer come up with.

Last edited:

1AX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T
Country flag
To throw another option out there, I fitted my B-124X in the trunk cable tied to the underside of the parcel shelf. So it's effectively suspended against the ceiling of the trunk and there is plenty of space up there to hide all the cables.

It's connected to the 12v socket in the trunk so no cables hanging around the cabin/arm rest

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
To throw another option out there, I fitted my B-124X in the trunk cable tied to the underside of the parcel shelf. So it's effectively suspended against the ceiling of the trunk and there is plenty of space up there to hide all the cables.

It's connected to the 12v socket in the trunk so no cables hanging around the cabin/arm rest
Thats a good idea. Do you have some pics?

Is the cord long enough to run to the front camera?
Sponsored