First Name
Porsche4S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
off topic:
Porsche should really be looking for a better way of rolling out their changes to reduce downtime and minimize bugs. People are forgiving about their tech for now, but this type of reputational impact does erode their brand.

on topic:
Might be able to see what the impact of the latest package/pricing changes are. It also impacted the dealer's build sheets.
You are right, the same build for my car went from $144500 to $146600. I know there are supply chain issues any way I am disappointed that because of their supply chain issue i lost my allocation and will cost me more money to build the same spec.
Sponsored

temoor

First Name
Porsche4S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
Do you mean the way they look on the car? I can barely tell any difference in the configurator view between matrix and standard headlights. Do they look very different IRL?
not that different but one who really knows will tell it right away. For me the head lamps are the main look of taycan.

gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
off topic:
Porsche should really be looking for a better way of rolling out their changes to reduce downtime and minimize bugs. People are forgiving about their tech for now, but this type of reputational impact does erode their brand.

on topic:
Might be able to see what the impact of the latest package/pricing changes are. It also impacted the dealer's build sheets.
The configurator is back up and it is still showing all of the options for the Matrix Lights.

However, my order, which is now frozen, has had the LED-Matrix design lights removed. I'll think about it over the weekend but may end up canceling my Taycan 4S order.

bah1590

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4
Country flag
You are right, the same build for my car went from $144500 to $146600. I know there are supply chain issues any way I am disappointed that because of their supply chain issue i lost my allocation and will cost me more money to build the same spec.
Supply chain issues are real. I work in Operations(not at Porsche) and we have several parts that are being quoted at 52 week or longer lead times. In order to get those parts we have to go out to the open market and as an example for one part we have to pay $46 for a $4 part. It's either pay the price or not build your product. Unfortunately, we have to pass the prices on to our customers since it doesn't make sense for us to build the product at a loss. All the auto manufacturers are experiencing the same issue and since they have thousands of parts in their cars the issue is magnified. So their costs are going up and the quantity of cars they can build is getting smaller so prices go up. The old rule of supply and demand.

marvinp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1998/2008 BMW M3s
Country flag
off topic:

on topic:
Agree regarding the reputational impact. I'm curious what dealers will do now? Call up customers and tell them their same build is a few grand more? That's not a great position to be in from a customer service point of view, but with the current supply-chain issues and the demand, Porsche (and dealers) have the upper hand.

Something odd is that the Premium Package seems overpriced and is more expensive than the sum of its parts. I configured the same car, one with Premium Package and another without but with the same options selected. The one without the Premium Package is almost ~$3k less.

Here are my Porsche codes:
I even printed both configs out and double checked all the individual options and they are the same. Am I missing something here?

gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Just got off the phone with my Porsche SA. He says they just received an email from Porsche headquarters saying that the LED-matrix design headlights have been removed from all current Taycan orders due to supply chain issues. I'm not sure how that works with the Taycans, like the Turbo, where they were standard equipment.

Guess I'll live with it and hope that they can maybe be swapped out at some point in the future if I decide to go that route.

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
It's back up and still broken. Given that it impacts the dealerships, I hope it gets resolved soo
Something odd is that the Premium Package seems overpriced and is more expensive than the sum of its parts. I configured the same car, one with Premium Package and another without but with the same options selected. The one without the Premium Package is almost ~$3k less.

Here are my Porsche codes:
I even printed both configs out and double checked all the individual options and they are the same. Am I missing something here?
I suspect that this is a bug. I've a sneaking suspicion that the person who "wrote up the premium package configuration" didn't test it properly and that's why we have these odd ball numbers.

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
Just got off the phone with my Porsche SA. He says they just received an email from Porsche headquarters saying that the LED-matrix design headlights have been removed from all current Taycan orders due to supply chain issues. I'm not sure how that works with the Taycans, like the Turbo, where they were standard equipment.

Guess I'll live with it and hope that they can maybe be swapped out at some point in the future if I decide to go that route.
They should cancel the GTS orders and scavenge the parts from there. :) (Yes I am kidding)

gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Wow…. Who would’ve thought matrix headlights would be make or break on an order for someone. I guess everyone has their priorities.
I think it is more about wanting exactly what you ordered when you are paying well over 100k for a car. In general, the more I pay for something the more particular I am about getting exactly what I want. I'll likely not cancel my order over this, but I can't say I haven't considered it.

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
Wow…. Who would’ve thought matrix headlights would be make or break on an order for someone. I guess everyone has their priorities.
Depending on how the pricing goes, i.e. drop, people can also see this as an opportunity to spec something else out if they were budget limited (as I am). Might add in PTV+.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
I think it is more about wanting exactly what you ordered when you are paying well over 100k for a car.
I’m not criticizing as much as expressing surprise. I don’t think there are any options on our Taycan I would have canceled the order over losing.

Plus…how long until this is fixed or when is another allocation available?

Depending on how the pricing goes, i.e. drop, people can also see this as an opportunity to spec something else out if they were budget limited
…maybe. I don’t completely understand though. If the car was good enough without it before, should be now also. My opinion.

——

Regardless, to both of you…your money, your decisions. I was just surprised that the matrix headlights would hold so much weight with anyone.

Windpower

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, BMW X3, Taycan RWD Coffee
Country flag
Supply chain issues are real. I work in Operations(not at Porsche) and we have several parts that are being quoted at 52 week or longer lead times.
I'm trying to buy a new nvidia graphics card for my CAD system. Cards which were $600 in the summer are now being sold for $2500.- Crazy!

temoor

First Name
Porsche4S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
I’m not criticizing as much as expressing surprise. I don’t think there are any options on our Taycan I would have canceled the order over losing.

Plus…how long until this is fixed or when is another allocation available?

…maybe. I don’t completely understand though. If the car was good enough without it before, should be now also. My opinion.

——

Regardless, to both of you…your money, your decisions. I was just surprised that the matrix headlights would hold so much weight with anyone.
Well those lights are the main looks of the car atleast for me . I am a middle class man who was buying his dream car and that would have been my only car for many years. So spending 150k and still not having exactly what i wanted is a no for me. I understand the supply issue and not blaming any one .
Sponsored