Taycan auto opening without comfort access

rs38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8
Country flag
is there any news on the keyless / comfort magic without having the option spec'ed? I'm really waiting to get the option via FoD or any other way. It was mentioned to be available as FoD in all Taycan brochures until early 2020.
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Thanks, but mine doesn't have the setting in the car. It's an option in the UK to have the auto unlocking feature and as far as I know, mine doesn't have it.. Thats what makes it all the more surprising today when it started to do it.....
Doors only auto lock if not opened after some seconds - 45 I think - same with most cars. This is independent of Driver Memory option or Comfort Access.

Do any of these phantoms have the WMA6 software update applied?

bootsie

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Golf GTI 16v
Country flag
I remembered this thread since I’ve just experience the same issue in the last week or so - the car has started unlocking itself as it would with comfort access, only I don’t have comfort access. Also doing the same with my wife’s key. Locking by pressing the hidden sensor on the door handle doesn’t work though (I guess I don’t have the sensor fitted).
I don’t have the latest update yet, maybe that’ll fix this and other weird issues.

Russmrh

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes
Country flag
Well this is interesting as I was just about to start a new thread myself for a similar issue. My Turbo (UK owner) has comfort access showing on the settings, BUT, only for steering wheel and seat. There is nothing in the settings for door access etc (as described in the Porsche manual). I’ve tried everything to get this to work.. but failed..

Is there anywhere we can see what standard features come with the spec of car purchased?
Mine confused me also as I have comfort access for getting in the car (steering wheel and seat move out ) and I thought it was also keyless entry. Turns out it’s a £700 optional extra in the UK and comes with a theft warning if you want to spec it. So I have to press the button on my key to unlock, which now I know is how it’s supposed to work (unlike the manual details) I’m fine with, I just thought it was broken!

K777

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Mine developed this after about a month, back in October. (do not have comfort access but door would unlock if i stood near the car)

I liked it.

Last week it stopped doing it. :confused:

(UK) - and not had the update yet.

Biz partners - same car basically, never developed the phantom unlocking feature.

JimBoBel

First Name
Jean-Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Had experienced the same behavior also (opening, not closing while did not spec"ed the comfort access option)... but it has stopped working since the car is back from the dealership with the upgrade.

Evnoob

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I don’t understand the handles presenting “feature”.

I have a 2021 Taycan WITHOUT comfort access. No memory package or anything, just the central locking.

When I walk far enough away for a few moments the door handles retract giving the ILLUSION of being locked. But it is definitely NOT locked, and the mirrors don’t fold, it didn’t make a locking noise, it shows unlocked on the app, and if you walk up to it WITHOUT the keyfob you can open the doors even though the handles are retracted, which is of course what a casual burglar might try.

If however, you walk back to it WITH the key Your pocket, the handles “present” just as others on this list have described. And you can open it of course because the car was never locked.

If the car is properly locked, then the handles never present. I’ve never been able to get them to pop out when locked by touching anywhere on the handle including the little slit shaped dimple.

So I can’t for the life of me work out what this feature is for. If it can hide and disclose the handles, then why can’t it just lock the damn car whilst it’s at it?!?

At best, it does little more than provide the illusion of locking, with the view of leaving it unlocked for burglars less familiar with the handle position to simply open the car and ransack the inside.

Why would I want that?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I don’t understand the handles presenting “feature”.

I have a 2021 Taycan WITHOUT comfort access. No memory package or anything, just the central locking.

When I walk far enough away for a few moments the door handles retract giving the ILLUSION of being locked. But it is definitely NOT locked, and the mirrors don’t fold, it didn’t make a locking noise, it shows unlocked on the app, and if you walk up to it WITHOUT the keyfob you can open the doors even though the handles are retracted, which is of course what a casual burglar might try.

If however, you walk back to it WITH the key Your pocket, the handles “present” just as others on this list have described. And you can open it of course because the car was never locked.

If the car is properly locked, then the handles never present. I’ve never been able to get them to pop out when locked by touching anywhere on the handle including the little slit shaped dimple.

So I can’t for the life of me work out what this feature is for. If it can hide and disclose the handles, then why can’t it just lock the damn car whilst it’s at it?!?

At best, it does little more than provide the illusion of locking, with the view of leaving it unlocked for burglars less familiar with the handle position to simply open the car and ransack the inside.

Why would I want that?
The dimple is the sensor for comfort locking and unlocking rather than use the key. Without comfort then clearly they are in active.

The car will auto lock and unlock if no door, trunk, or frunk has been opened within 45 secs. The door mirrors won't retract in this scenario I believe.

Evnoob

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
As I said, I don’t think it’s locking. Just retracting the handles.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
The dimple is the sensor for comfort locking and unlocking rather than use the key. Without comfort then clearly they are in active.

The car will auto lock and unlock if no door, trunk, or frunk has been opened within 45 secs. The door mirrors won't retract in this scenario I believe.
It is locking if you don't open anything. Try it and see.

Evnoob

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
It is locking if you don't open anything. Try it and see.
nope. It’s NOT locking. It’s only retracting the handles. If I pull the handles (like a burglar) the car will open without the key.

UKTIVO

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
There is definitely something a miss with this feature. For the last 3 weeks my car (not had the new software install yet-MY21) has suddenly decided that it now has the feature that opens the doors on approach. It has done this before but then suddenly lost this feature again.
i suspect another bug in the software. Or. Porsche marketing department really have stepped up their game and started activating random features just to tease owners.:p

Evnoob

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
thats even weirder. I just tested this.
1) Car is locked.
2) unlock car by pressing key fob and remain standing nearby
3) after 45s the car does indeed lock but door handles and mirrors remain extended.
4) after a further minute, no further actions from the car, but trying the protruded handle confirms the car is indeed locked.
5) lock with keyfob - everything retracts

So I don’t Fully understand that behaviour either. But at least it’s on its way to being functional useful, if incomplete.

But itstill doesn’t go anywhere close to explaining the proximity effect. Others on this list reckon it’s locking and unlocking with keyfob proximity. Mine is only doing the door handle retraction.

So between these two strange behaviours there’s a useful function but it’s not joined up.

Evnoob

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Combo test - seems like an obvious observation.

same test as before, but after unlocking take the key away out of range. This time, it both locks and retracts the handles but NOT the wing mirrors.

returning with the keyfob, and proximity has no effect this time.

mans of course, this series of events is ONLY for the case wherea door is never opened. As stated before, if I’ve just got out of the car, and walked away without locking, it will NOT lock itself but it will retract the handles as if it has.

Who TF writes software like this? How did this get through a design cycle, let alone a test cycle?
Sponsored