Geoff

First Name
Geoffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
I have a 4s for a month . Suddenly Bluetooth and Porsche Connect stopped working . The dealer say they have never known this before and claim that they , Porsche UK , Porsche Germany and Vodafone are all on the case to resolve this “ unusual “ problem .They have loaned me a car while they investigate but I wonder if this “ unique” problem is as unusual as they claim . Have any other Taycan owners had a similar experience. Geoff
Sponsored

plumandreal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
718 GT4
Country flag
Snap. 4s. UK car. 7 weeks old. Bluetooth stopped working yesterday. None of the functionality to add a phone works. About to call the dealer this morning! Odd! Keep me updated on any news.

OP
OP

Geoff

First Name
Geoffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
Snap. 4s. UK car. 7 weeks old. Bluetooth stopped working yesterday. None of the functionality to add a phone works. About to call the dealer this morning! Odd! Keep me updated on any news.
I returned the car and the dealer has been “” “working “ on it for a week . They didn’t understand the problem but after exchanging and discussing with Porsche Uk and Porsche Germany they were told by Germany that it is software communication issue .??? Apparently the signals need to bounce between servers in Uk/Germany/Vodafone and mine were getting or had become corrupted . I am told the issue has been sorted and the car is being returned to me today ... watch this space !!!

plumandreal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
718 GT4
Country flag
I returned the car and the dealer has been “” “working “ on it for a week . They didn’t understand the problem but after exchanging and discussing with Porsche Uk and Porsche Germany they were told by Germany that it is software communication issue .??? Apparently the signals need to bounce between servers in Uk/Germany/Vodafone and mine were getting or had become corrupted . I am told the issue has been sorted and the car is being returned to me today ... watch this space !!!
I made the phone call this morning. Apparently it has affected quite a few of cars. The temporary solution for bluetooth is to connect the telephone to the car with a cable. Maybe a self fix will be announced sooner rather than later. Fingers crossed.

ndw8790

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
many
Country flag
I always have this problem when my car is parked in an underground parking lot. If I leave from there, no bluetooth, no LTE, no wifi-hotspot (during the whole trip).

It's like the PCM lost its connection to a connectivity module?

If I'm not parked underground when I start the trip, everything works fine.

Last edited:

Neighs

First Name
Horsey
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, BMW X3 35d, BMW 135i
Country flag
Why on Earth should connecting via Bluetooth involve any external services.

This sounds very dodgy.

The tendency for companies to spy on every action is a very distasteful evolution.

Rob_UK

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Has it been fixed? I’m having Bluetooth issues with my mobile phones and random disconnections.

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Here's a thought. If the car is parked somewhere without cellular service, when you start up PCM it cannot validate your Connect services because it can't establish a connection with Porsche servers. Such connection and validation should not be needed to use Bluetooth (IMHO) but maybe that's the cause. It doesn't seem to try to keep checking in. However switching the account to guest and back to your user account once you are back in cell coverage should cause a check-in and that might get everything working again.

If the above is correct, this should be easy to fix in software but you will need to raise hell with Porsche to get any attention given the number of software issues they have to debug.

andyd

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Mclaren 570GT, Cayenne
Country flag
I've had this problem too for a couple of weeks. Won't recognise any phone but has been ok for months. But also cant to connect to porsche servers either. Did anyone find a fix?

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Take it to your Porsche center to check the OTA module and gateway module.

andyd

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yeah, will do. Last resort was PCM factory reset but still same.
Take it to your Porsche center to check the OTA module and gateway module.

freshtaycan

First Name
Junior
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have a 4s for a month . Suddenly Bluetooth and Porsche Connect stopped working . The dealer say they have never known this before and claim that they , Porsche UK , Porsche Germany and Vodafone are all on the case to resolve this “ unusual “ problem .They have loaned me a car while they investigate but I wonder if this “ unique” problem is as unusual as they claim . Have any other Taycan owners had a similar experience. Geoff

I have this bluetooth issue every time I start the car, I have to turn the bluetooth off on my phone, and re connect. It's rather annoying, but not something I can't handle. Maybe it's something that they will address soon.

andyd

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Unfortunately that doesn't fix mine.
I have this bluetooth issue every time I start the car, I have to turn the bluetooth off on my phone, and re connect. It's rather annoying, but not something I can't handle. Maybe it's something that they will address soon.

Jh123456

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes 450 GLE
Country flag
Unfortunately that doesn't fix mine.
I’ve just had the same Bluetooth issue with my Teycan today. I was advised to do a factory reset and still not recognising any of the stored devices. So the dealer has booked the car in for a workshop visit. What was the fix for your car?

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My car had a litany of symptoms that appeared all at the same time: Bluetooth died (all aspects - can't recognize paired phone or add a new one), Wifi died, Apple Carplay died, telematics to Porsche servers died, Smartlift stopped working, News and Weather apps are gray, Calendar app is gone, and although my user ID is still logged in, the car no longer thinks the primary user is logged in. The excellent Taycan tech at my dealer diagnosed this as a faulty communications module and has ordered a replacement. ETA mid-October. At least I have my choice of advertisements delivered over FM, occasionally with a classic rock song to break up the ads.
Sponsored