taycan not selling well??

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Is it true that some dealerships aren't able to sell the Taycans and they are auctioning them off?
Sponsored

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
Is it true that some dealerships aren't able to sell the Taycans and they are auctioning them off?
No? It's one of the brands best selling products. Look at most dealerships around the country, and they're lucky if they have 10 of any model on the lot. A lot of times if a dealer allocation is coming in, it'll show up as an "incoming vehicle" and often is sold weeks before it hits lot.

My Porsche dealership literally has 5 new models available. Two Cayenne's and three Macan's. Their last Taycan 4S sold a week ago at sticker. The next 3 closest dealers to me have 0 Taycan stock.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
I wouldn't think that a new taycan would go to auction, another dealership could probably sell the car.
overall new car inventory is very low for some brands. I visited a jaguar store and they did not have one new car for sale.

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
If ever there was "fake news....."

If you know of such a dealership you should PM any of the hundreds of subscribers here that want to buy one. I've already put down a deposit on mine.

themickd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo, 2020 Macan S
Country flag
There are some hideously optioned ones out there that might be tough to sell. Other than that, there are hundreds (?) of folks on this site that are patiently awaiting their delivery.

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag

schad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, e-tron
Country flag
This immediately came to mind. If you're in the market for a RWD and also have a cosmetics business, this is the Taycan for you.
Not at all a fan of the two-tone blackberry interior. Maybe there is some specific equipment combo that it works with, but I think it looks objectively awful as-is.

I do like frozen berry and (monochrome) blackberry, though. It's not for me, but I think it looks great.

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
Not at all a fan of the two-tone blackberry interior. Maybe there is some specific equipment combo that it works with, but I think it looks objectively awful as-is.

I do like frozen berry and (monochrome) blackberry, though. It's not for me, but I think it looks great.
Yeah the exterior color doesn't bother me so much, I wouldn't get it up I think it's cool. Just that combined with the interior makes me think someone ordered that bad boy then backed out.

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
I've been looking at the auction data every month for the past 12 months.

There is nothing that indicates new cars are being sold because I can see the milage.
It could be some are demos, but the prices reflected are the discounted prices of 15% + the $7500 tax rebate.

The values are holding up

Henke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Never heard anything like this. My dealer has 3 people waiting for an allocation. There are very few available for purchase around the country except for ones with weird specs.

hkarthik

First Name
Karthik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S White
Country flag
Dealers are auctioning off the highly optioned Taycans for sure. I tracked one 4S which was highly optioned to $157K MSRP. It was a customer build that someone backed out of. It was built in the Pacific Northwest, and they would not budget enough on the price, but ended up selling it to another dealer about a thousand miles away.

A couple weeks later, I called that dealer, not realizing it was the same car until they sent me the spec sheet and VIN. They were trying to get MSRP for it and felt very confident that they could it because their market was "hot for Taycans."

Savvy dealers with a good internet presence can sell to out of state buyers and not deal with the auctions, but in calling around, it's clear to me that most dealers rely on the auction process when they can't move a car locally.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
Dealers are auctioning off the highly optioned Taycans for sure. I tracked one 4S which was highly optioned to $157K MSRP. It was a customer build that someone backed out of. It was built in the Pacific Northwest, and they would not budget enough on the price, but ended up selling it to another dealer about a thousand miles away.

A couple weeks later, I called that dealer, not realizing it was the same car until they sent me the spec sheet and VIN. They were trying to get MSRP for it and felt very confident that they could it because their market was "hot for Taycans."

Savvy dealers with a good internet presence can sell to out of state buyers and not deal with the auctions, but in calling around, it's clear to me that most dealers rely on the auction process when they can't move a car locally.
When you say auctioning off, are you talking about Manheim or Adesa?

Here is the lastest auction data for the 2021 4s from Manheim
I highlighted the odometer, none are new, maybe demos
Porsche Taycan taycan not selling well?? Screenshot_20210907-155056_Manheim
Sponsored