satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
Give me there is a shortcut key that appears on the display (in the right hand column) for homelink - I didn’t waste the button on this.

I have sport sound on the soft button on the display, and next track on the steering wheel.
Woah, is there an always-visible, single-press-to-activate homelink button on the center display? How did I miss that? That would free up an option button for me. I just checked my car and I don’t have that. Is there a configuration step to cause that to be visible? Could you share a pic please?
Sponsored

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Woah, is there an always-visible, single-press-to-activate homelink button on the center display? How did I miss that? That would free up an option button for me. I just checked my car and I don’t have that. Is there a configuration step to cause that to be visible? Could you share a pic please?
When you setup up your HomeLink gate/garage door(s) in the car it will automatically provide a geo-located prompt to activate the open/close sequence and that appears in the main screen

There is no 'dedicated' homelink button there.

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
Only by using your AirPods with your iPhone…:headbang:

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
When you setup up your HomeLink gate/garage door(s) in the car it will automatically provide a geo-located prompt to activate the open/close sequence and that appears in the main screen

There is no 'dedicated' homelink button there.
Doh, now I remember. When I set up HomeLink I chose not to save the GPS location, foregoing the auto prompt. Maybe I shall give that feature a whirl. Would be nice to free up an option button for something else.

Thanks @ciaranob

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC AT4X, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
If you have the geo located enabled; when you are close there is an icon on the right side of the display. Handy if you dismiss the auto-prompt.

Skilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Doh, now I remember. When I set up HomeLink I chose not to save the GPS location, foregoing the auto prompt. Maybe I shall give that feature a whirl. Would be nice to free up an option button for something else.

Thanks @ciaranob
I find it a pain - it is persistent until you "x" it away. Instead I just use the diamond option button to act as my homelink button. Great distance and works great...long before the geo tracks I am home and in need of an open garage.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
I find it a pain - it is persistent until you "x" it away. Instead I just use the diamond option button to act as my homelink button. Great distance and works great...long before the geo tracks I am home and in need of an open garage.
Ditto - never use the pop-up HomeLink.

My 2 customizable physical buttons do
1) parking cameras and
2) HomeLink.

Skilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Ditto - never use the pop-up HomeLink.

My 2 customizable physical buttons do
1) parking cameras and
2) HomeLink.
parking cameras - thats a good one! I had the second activating/deactivating sport sounds. I think they should be programable to skip a song or change the station. No persistent buttons for music management beyond sound kinda sucks.

bluedonkey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have the geo pop-up on too, but being able to press the diamond button on the wheel and have the door open is much more convenient. Although it is labeled as opening the Homelink display, it actually opens or closes the door too, without me needing to touch the center screen.

SolitaryMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Not yet!
Country flag
parking cameras - thats a good one! I had the second activating/deactivating sport sounds. I think they should be programable to skip a song or change the station. No persistent buttons for music management beyond sound kinda sucks.
There should be a button to skip between songs anyway! How long since any other makers didn’t have this? Well over a decade I would say.

Oink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+, M3P
Country flag
There should be a button to skip between songs anyway! How long since any other makers didn’t have this? Well over a decade I would say.
When you click on the screen that button gets "focused" and you can just press down on the "trackpad" area to repeat. That means once you changed songs once you can press the bottom screen to change again. Once you learn this youll never touch the main screen again. :D Well kinda, haha.

Bill33525

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘24 Q8 ETron 55 SUV, '22 Taycan RWD
Country flag
When completely stopped in traffic behind another car, the car creeps forward. I guess im not stepping on the brake hard enough so it creeps without me noticing.
To avoid keeping your foot on the brake when completely stopped in traffic, you can use "HOLD" braking. To activate HOLD, turn on innodrive and it works.
Pressing on the brake pedal two times activates the HOLD feature.

Reactions: X88