Jayyvr890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
On the subject of programmable buttons, does anyone know of a way to make the park button on the lower display activate the cameras, not park assist?
Nothing I found. But with the geolinked homelink working so well I reassigned the instrument cluster hotkey to bring up the surround view camera.
Sponsored

igad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
all sold waiting for a Taycan!
Country flag
He is one that I personally thought was interesting.

Turn on the normal 3 dial dash.
Turn on adaptive regen

On the left most dial you see the solid bar fill as you speed up but next to it you'll also see a small triangle, this represents the speed of the detected traffic in front.

Meaning, keep the solid bar near the triangle and you will be riding efficiently!

Cajun Martyni

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan Base
Country flag
In my experience, the home link pop-up via GPS works seamlessly and consistently to the point that I have deleted home-link from my favorites button.
What are suggestions for the best uses for the two favorites/shortcut buttons, if not used for homelink and for the “engine” sound. After a few weeks with my Taycan I’m finding that I agree the GPS homelink pop-up works fine and that I rarely want to turn on the fake noise

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
What are suggestions for the best uses for the two favorites/shortcut buttons, if not used for homelink and for the “engine” sound. After a few weeks with my Taycan I’m finding that I agree the GPS homelink pop-up works fine and that I rarely want to turn on the fake noise
Its all very personal (as designed).

I use the steering button for skipping through media source.

And the dash button for next track.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
isn't that automatic?
Not for the My Screen display. Doesn't work so well on the satellite map but makes the non-sat map go black which blends in nicely with the other widgets you may have on that screen.

Also it affords some flexibility if you want to sometimes have the main cockpit display in full colour - quicker than reaching for the menu options etc.

Boss Hogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, 981 GT4
Country flag
He is one that I personally thought was interesting.

Turn on the normal 3 dial dash.
Turn on adaptive regen

On the left most dial you see the solid bar fill as you speed up but next to it you'll also see a small triangle, this represents the speed of the detected traffic in front.

Meaning, keep the solid bar near the triangle and you will be riding efficiently!
nice, had fun trying this today, something else to amuse me on long journeys.

Boss Hogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, 981 GT4
Country flag
I've found you can change heat distribution in the seats between base and back, setting the balance to the seat base significantly increases how hot they feel -nice on these cold winter mornings. Car Button -> Comfort -> Drivers (or passenger) seat

Porsche Taycan Taycan Secret Tips and Functions tempImagerxHkjF

Henke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Its all very personal (as designed).

I use the steering button for skipping through media source.

And the dash button for next track.
Am I missing something? I tried to setup next track as my short cut button but it changes source instead. I play my music from Spotify. Is there another option for next track that I missed?

Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla SP85D, Model P3D, Taycan Turbo S CT
Country flag
Since Porsche decided for some insane reason to not include a button to skip song, that’s what I’m using it for.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Since Porsche decided for some insane reason to not include a button to skip song, that’s what I’m using it for.
They did - depends on audio source you're using. I use steering wheel button for 'next track' so I don't have to stretch to reach the screen.
Sponsored