Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT4S, Kia Telluride EX, Tesla Model Y
Country flag
The N tuned version of the Ioniq 6 could provide a reasonable bang for the buck alternative to the Taycan in it's faster trims, especially for those customers who cannot afford a Porsche.

Hyundais N division has done some pretty good work with their performance upgrades to some of their standard cars and I wouldnt be surprised if an Ioniq 6 N puts out performance and handling numbers that will annoy some Taycan owners who paid a LOT more money for similar performance. We'll see.

Last edited:

kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST, Volvo XC90 T8
Country flag
The N tuned version of the Ioniq 6 could provide a reasonable bang for the buck alternative to the Taycan in it's faster trims, for those customers who cannot afford a Porsche.

Hyundais N division has done some pretty good work with their performance upgrades to some of their standard cars and I wouldnt be surprised if an Ioniq 5 N puts out performance and handling numbers that will annoy some Taycan owners who paid a LOT more money for similar performance. We'll see.
tbh, given timescales, comms and some if the dealer service I see on here (not personally): even for those who can afford a Porsche!

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
The N tuned version of the Ioniq 6 could provide a reasonable bang for the buck alternative to the Taycan in it's faster trims, for those customers who cannot afford a Porsche.
Apart from that spoiler, I would have a very close look and test drive! If it handles anything like the normal N tuned verions and have the known infotainment, it is worth a look. Nothing to do with affordability, just want a car that gives a good experience.

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT4S, Kia Telluride EX, Tesla Model Y
Country flag
Apart from that spoiler, I would have a very close look and test drive! If it handles anything like the normal N tuned verions and have the known infotainment, it is worth a look. Nothing to do with affordability, just want a car that gives a good experience.
I fully agree with you, I'm a multiple Porsche Owner but I'm also a multiple Hyundai/Kia owner at the same time because their current product offerings are legit that good for the money.

mutanthands

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Suzuki Cara
Country flag
Reactions: B61

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
Can’t see it appearing with that drive train (most likely a BEV), but it’s a seriously cool car and if it was available to buy and close to that form, I think I’d buy it.
I agree.

Slight tidy up on the side profile, and a decent BEV powertrain and I'd definitely buy that. Reminds me of a cross between earlier Sport Audis and 70s/80s era Astons.

Jrkennedy37

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Panamera ST, '21 Taycan CT4
Country flag
I fully agree with you, I'm a multiple Porsche Owner but I'm also a multiple Hyundai/Kia owner at the same time because their current product offerings are legit that good for the money.
I agree the recent offerings from both brands are phenomenal and when the price is factored in, serious competitors to other import brands.

My BiL just switched his Toyota loyalty to pick up an Ioniq 5 a few weeks back (I test drove all the EV competition in that class with him) and I’m seriously impressed with the vehicle. He opted for RWD based on budget but you can get a loaded one with AWD for $46k (after fed tax credit) that has more tech than our CT4 and isn’t far off the acceleration stats. It also has the 800 volt architecture which is unique at this price point.

There’s a recent Reddit thread discussing the improvement of Hyundai/Kia vehicles, with one poster commenting that they hired a ton of German designers and engineers about ten years back. Not sure how accurate that is but it wouldn’t surprise me.

erhand25

First Name
Erhan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Or you can say i am someone who had really bad experiences with hyundai.

Good luck to you on your new hyundai

In the end that statement just means you're more focused on brand than on the car, sorry to say.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
Who gives a damn if it were 10 times better than Taycan.
End of the day, it is hyundai.
bingo, the toyota camry is a very popular well made car, however nobody would ever try to compare it to a car like a porsche.
the hyundai is probably a well made EV, and many people will buy them and enjoy them but they will never have the panache of a Porsche

LLA53

First Name
Iain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE Grey Taycan 4S
Country flag
I don't see it as a Taycan alternative. I doubt there's anyone that would put them in the same class.

But I could see it appealing to some Tesla customers who want something a bit less common.
A bit less common? Or do you mean on the same ugly scale?