Taycan - Worth the Wait?

Deleted member 6348

2 months of ownership. 3k miles so far. Yes, worth the wait.

Reactions: B61

joacimli

First Name
Joacim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sport Turismo M22 (2:nd Taycan), Porsche 968, 1992
Country flag
So I have managed to secure a place in the waitlist line for an allocation for a GTS Sport Turismo. Have demand orders at a few dealers, hoping for a July / Aug allocation. ETA of the actual car wont be until at least 10 to 12 months... Im sure many of you had similar wait times.

So the question is simple - now that you have your Taycans - was the wait worth it?
Yes, have a Taycan today and ordered a Sport Turismo now when it is available. Fantastic car.

jld1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S23
Country flag
eun-yeou (silver fox) in Korean, eun for short, my wife is of Korean descent. I couldn't resist when I saw that the My Porsche page lets you name your vehicle(s).
1652271783044.png
I take it you're not Korean? I'm not either, that "eu" sound is so hard for me to say correctly, so I give you a lot of credit! 🤣👍

My wife is too, but since I also ordered mine in ICE grey, I'm gonna name her Elsa. My daughter (will be 4 yo by the time the car arrives) is gonna lose her shit when she hears the name, so that's the plan.

Fsudoles

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan RWD
Country flag
Welp….the first four weeks were awesome (April 10-May 1)…we love the car, but here comes the big “but”. Exactly thirty days after delivery our car, we were sitting at a light and our 2022 RWD with 300 miles dropped into “Park” from “Drive” while sitting at a traffic light. I did a little research and that has been a periodic issue with other 2022 owners so I emailed and called our dealer to report the incident the Monday after. Long story short…the car is sitting at the dealer since May 2nd as they try to determine how to make this issue go away…no timetable for return. They were nice enough to lend us a 2021 Macan, but I wasn’t expecting to pay for gas anytime in the near future….those plans have changed. So we wait….and it’s a little embarrassing when we get asked how the car is since they all know the wait time we endured….sheepishly I tell them “it’s in the shop”. A little disappointing to be honest….but what are ya gonna do?

Porsche Taycan Taycan - Worth the Wait? 30CCEDCA-21E0-4C77-83FC-F37CC3BDBFD0

Porsche Taycan Taycan - Worth the Wait? 2057BF2C-EAF1-4179-8EEA-0CA52A2DABB7

Porsche Taycan Taycan - Worth the Wait? B9F74411-421D-4A42-ABBA-790076DE3C24

Wattsjr9

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
So I have managed to secure a place in the waitlist line for an allocation for a GTS Sport Turismo. Have demand orders at a few dealers, hoping for a July / Aug allocation. ETA of the actual car wont be until at least 10 to 12 months... Im sure many of you had similar wait times.

So the question is simple - now that you have your Taycans - was the wait worth it?

Lansford

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I'm less than a week into ownership, the car was delivered on 7 May, and I'd say absolutely worth the wait. Driving the 70 miles back from the dealer was the most fun I've had in a car in many years. Heck, my wife thinks I've lost my mind, in a good way, I even named it :)

Taycan 4S.
taycan_4s.jpg
Looks awesome. The more I see the Mission E wheels, the more I wish I got them

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag

This is so subjective that I presume you are looking for validation. Everyone's situation is different. For me, it came at the right time because I had driven the same car (a 911S for 12 years). I was not desperate for transportation and in reality, I don't even need this car because I run most errands on an EV motorcycle. Do I love it? Fuck yes, it's a Porsche.

Wattsjr9

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag

Why wait? I decided I wanted a Taycan. I couldn't find one in CA, so I located a dealer in NY that had a color I wanted and an option package that was close enough. I had the car in two weeks.

V10tdi

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 GTS 991.2,discovery sport, defender 90 300tdi
Country flag

Worth every frustrating minute of the 359 days I had to wait just did my first 1000m road trip lots of rookie charging errors but wow what a car

Porsche Taycan Taycan - Worth the Wait? B4833FEA-51CE-4DD0-B82D-D0EBA89AC8AB

OP
OP

friskygeek

First Name
faisal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GTS ST (on order), '22 Macan, Cirrus SR22
Country flag
This is so subjective that I presume you are looking for validation. Everyone's situation is different. For me, it came at the right time because I had driven the same car (a 911S for 12 years). I was not desperate for transportation and in reality, I don't even need this car because I run most errands on an EV motorcycle. Do I love it? Fuck yes, it's a Porsche.
Yea you're right - I was looking for some sort of validation. And it sounds like the answer is yes, its worth the wait. Ive custom ordered many cars before as I like to buy cars in the exact spec and paint that I want so waiting is not new to me. However this would be the longest Ive waited for a new car. This is also my first ever Porsche so Im very excited!

f.

Jsuo19

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q7
Country flag
Why wait? I decided I wanted a Taycan. I couldn't find one in CA, so I located a dealer in NY that had a color I wanted and an option package that was close enough. I had the car in two weeks.
if only it were that easy to find right now...