Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover, Defender 90, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Hi All
New to the site.
I too have an order placed with Chester for a Turbo, but not locked in yet.
Sales suggesting delivery June/July.
I guess I best order the Anderson charger pronto if there's a delay on that too!
Sponsored

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
So heres my update as of 20/02/20 . My 4s from OPC Portmouth completed build about 4 weeks ago and is in the UK. its currently sat in sheerness port awaiting conformaty certificates and I cant have it untill Porsche carry out their launch events. Mine is the first car OPCP have, yet (through no fault of the dealer) I cant have it, probably until April. This is frustrating as I have my current car for sale and now cant sell it. Also I was looking forward to collecting 1st March as planned. On the plus side my 12 week delayed Anderson charger (something about Corona virus delays - Seriously) is now not so important. Did I read theres no point having 22KW charging installed now ?.

Note : OPC portsmouth are and have been fantastic for every car I have bought from them. Porsche world wide seem to be stalling on this.
Only 22kW If you have three phase. 7.2kW on single phase (UK).

Laish

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 s
Country flag
Only 22kW If you have three phase. 7.2kW on single phase (UK).
I have read elsewhere that the current Taycan cannot take onboard charging at 22KW which is a shame as my main charging will be at work utilising the 2 phase supply

KerbMonster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
?
Country flag
I have read elsewhere that the current Taycan cannot take onboard charging at 22KW which is a shame as my main charging will be at work utilising the 2 phase supply
Launch vehicles fitted with 11kw AC charger - 22kw to follow later in the year

JayD

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover, Defender 90, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Launch vehicles fitted with 11kw AC charger - 22kw to follow later in the year
Does that mean that the launch vehicles will remain at 11kW or can they be upgraded?

KerbMonster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
?
Country flag
Does that mean that the launch vehicles will remain at 11kW or can they be upgraded?
Well I guess anything is possible but it comes down to how much it will cost. I suspect that this is a hardware limitation so I would work on the assumption that it is "no". Anything else will be a bonus.

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
So heres my update as of 20/02/20 . My 4s from OPC Portmouth completed build about 4 weeks ago and is in the UK. its currently sat in sheerness port awaiting conformaty certificates and I cant have it untill Porsche carry out their launch events. Mine is the first car OPCP have, yet (through no fault of the dealer) I cant have it, probably until April. This is frustrating as I have my current car for sale and now cant sell it. Also I was looking forward to collecting 1st March as planned. On the plus side my 12 week delayed Anderson charger (something about Corona virus delays - Seriously) is now not so important. Did I read theres no point having 22KW charging installed now ?.

Note : OPC portsmouth are and have been fantastic for every car I have bought from them. Porsche world wide seem to be stalling on this.
Great news that it’s landed in the uk pal

regards having to wait till after the launch event to take delivery that’s what I said in my post on this thread over 3 weeks ago
My dealer gave me the same info other dealers either don’t know this or are choosing to miss lead customers!

my car has been delayed so many times I’ve given up even checking

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag

SteveMc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
West London

“Please be aware that strobe and laser effects are in use during the evening”

Honestly, save the lasers just let me see the car (that wasn’t an option on the RSVP)

DavidE- Bath

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Golf GTD mk 7, Ferrari 599 GTB, Ferrari 360 Spider, Ferrari 328 GTS, Bentley Continental Flying Spur, Land Rover Defender 110, Tygan/Chesil Speedster
Country flag
Got my invitation to the launch event at my local dealer today. But max 2 people (including me). Our purchase decision and spec (we have been locked in since 10 Jan) was a truly family decision and I’d love to take my 2 sons as well as wife - dealership currently saying that’s not possible (max 2) so going to be challenging.....

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Got my invitation to the launch event at my local dealer today. But max 2 people (including me). Our purchase decision and spec (we have been locked in since 10 Jan) was a truly family decision and I’d love to take my 2 sons as well as wife - dealership currently saying that’s not possible (max 2) so going to be challenging.....
Take them mate they won’t send them away

my local dealer (not we’re I’m buying from) are not telling anyone the date till closer to the time as they had 500 turn up to the speedster launch!

I’m not going to the launch at the dealer im buying from as I don’t see the point, I’ve ordered the car already so I don’t need to see options I havnt ordered

SHN

First Name
Svein Halvard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+, Tesla Model S (for sale)
Country flag

Ymt400

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: Tycan 4S in Gentian Blue: Previous: Macan S
Country flag
Take them mate they won’t send them away

my local dealer (not we’re I’m buying from) are not telling anyone the date till closer to the time as they had 500 turn up to the speedster launch!

I’m not going to the launch at the dealer im buying from as I don’t see the point, I’ve ordered the car already so I don’t need to see options I havnt ordered
My production for 4S date moved from Feb 21st to Mar 12th but dealer gave no reason. Could this be due to Battery upgrade?? Launch date by dealer is Mar 31st. I am assuming I will not get car until after launch.

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My production for 4S date moved from Feb 21st to Mar 12th but dealer gave no reason. Could this be due to Battery upgrade?? Launch date by dealer is Mar 31st. I am assuming I will not get car until after launch.
I was told that the dealers are not allowed to release cars until after the launch events
Sponsored