UK order status and delays?

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
I got my final steps before delivery note on 16th August. I still have no further news except expected at the dealer on 25th November.
OTOH the dealer told me it was usually 2 to 3 weeks and asked if I wanted to delay delivery until 1st September to get the new registration. Seems like a sick joke now!
Did you tell them yes on the Sept delay?
Sponsored

Southern Rain

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW
Country flag
Ours is now at the docks waiting for a boat, 12volt battery fitted, OPC think it could be ready to pick up end of this month.
Fantastic news…how long ago did you get the ‘final steps before delivery’ email?

Southern Rain

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW
Country flag
I got my final steps before delivery note on 16th August. I still have no further news except expected at the dealer on 25th November.
OTOH the dealer told me it was usually 2 to 3 weeks and asked if I wanted to delay delivery until 1st September to get the new registration. Seems like a sick joke now!
Excruciating! It really is a journey we all go on…so it sounds like I should keep my fingers crossed for a December delivery.

Bruno

First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini JCW,Audi A6,Ducati 748S,Honda CB750,BMW K100R
Country flag
Hello , finally I've got a VIN number ... WP0ZZZY15PSA56211
Anyone who has access to TYD can find pictures of my car in production ?
Here in Belgium TYD doesn't exists ...
Thanks ,
Bruno .

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'll probably have died by then!
Perhaps you should put your grandkids on a waiting list for a Taycan, in case they want to drive one when they retire? ;)

I've been waiting for 17 months now so I sympathize. I was originally told delivery Q1'22. My build just froze for the 3rd time. I figure I have to laugh at the situation, or else I would have to cry.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Perhaps you should put your grandkids on a waiting list for a Taycan, in case they want to drive one when they retire? ;)

I've been waiting for 17 months now so I sympathize. I was originally told delivery Q1'22. My build just froze for the 3rd time. I figure I have to laugh at the situation, or else I would have to cry.
The wait would have been less annoying if I was younger. This will prbably be my last car and I have already lost a year of using it over what was expected when ordered (allocation was supposed to be october/november 2021).

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The wait would have been less annoying if I was younger. This will prbably be my last car and I have already lost a year of using it over what was expected when ordered (allocation was supposed to be october/november 2021).
I hope you get your Taycan soon, now that the 12V battery shortage has apparently eased, otherwise I would suggest a recently softening used car market.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I hope you get your Taycan soon, now that the 12V battery shortage has apparently eased, otherwise I would suggest a recently softening used car market.
I have looked at used ones but none I like the spec of have come up for sale since I ordered mine. I would rather not bother than have a car I don't like few colours I like and most have pano roof and privacy glass which I won't have :)

Car_fan

First Name
Imran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q8
Country flag
I’m still waiting for some new information from my dealer. Mine was built end of July but at least there’s some light at the end of the tunnel now that the 12v batteries are getting fitted.

Rusk

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mamba Taycan CT4S
Country flag
I was meant to be complete 11th Nov but just chased things up and surprise surprise it is delayed again.

Porsche Taycan UK order status and delays? 1668694597643
Sponsored