UK Taycan Insurance

Tazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Turbo GT, Aventador SVJ, 812 Superfast
Country flag
Just got quoted £2,618.56 by admiral.
I just turned 30 and live in Surrey. I tried quote detective and it said 3600 ?...
Sponsored

Bonglim

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I'm having a bit of a nightmare with my UK Car insurance for the 4S.

26 Years old. Just moved onto a newly developed street where not all brokers can locate (thus can't provide a quote for). 4 Years NCD. Do not want a black box.

I only have four companies available to me:

- Quote Detective - £2417
- Direct Line - £2638
- Admiral (with black box) - £4533
- Admiral (without black box) - £5583

No tracker needed to be installed on these options. If I paid for PVTS+, then Churchill come in at £2600+. So think I'm going to go with Quote Detective. But comes with a £1000 voluntary excess + £1000 compulsory excess!
sounds like you have it sorted already; but with high price insurance it will almost always be worth taking out a higher excess and then insuring the excess. I get it with my bank for about £6 a month and it means car, house and other insurances all have £1000 excess saving me loads more than £6/month.
There in no excess on the excess insurance ;-)

you need to be able to get your hands on the excess to pay first and claim back after. It means you can’t claim for less than £1k/ the excess but with expensive insurance you would not anyway.

JamieG

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Velar SE
Country flag
I just turned 30 and live in Surrey. I tried quote detective and it said 3600 ?...
Sounds like you’re in a similar boat to me. Check my post on the previous page as it seems like Churchill are our best bets

sounds like you have it sorted already; but with high price insurance it will almost always be worth taking out a higher excess and then insuring the excess. I get it with my bank for about £6 a month and it means car, house and other insurances all have £1000 excess saving me loads more than £6/month.
There in no excess on the excess insurance ;-)

you need to be able to get your hands on the excess to pay first and claim back after. It means you can’t claim for less than £1k/ the excess but with expensive insurance you would not anyway.
Good idea! Will look into it for sure

andyd

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Mclaren 570GT, Cayenne
Country flag
Company owned, personally the keeper.
Are you all registering these cars as personal cars or company vehicles?

I found with compare the market it automatically put it down as being policyholder is owner and registered keeper and when changed on the independent sites it doubled most of the time

RG2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Golf R Estate, Golf VR6, Corrado VR6
Country flag
NFU could be worth a call. I'm based in Coventry and I know I pay around a £1k premium for my postcode(!!), the total premium is about £2k. I'm guessing Surrey postcodes might be quite Taycan friendly in comparison.

We do have all our business insurance with NFU so that has probably discounted my Taycan premium, but they might be negotiated down from their first price.

I'm 35 by the way and was told my age isn't affecting the premium. I'm less happy at being told that than I thought I'd be back when I was 21.

Tazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Turbo GT, Aventador SVJ, 812 Superfast
Country flag
NFU could be worth a call. I'm based in Coventry and I know I pay around a £1k premium for my postcode(!!), the total premium is about £2k. I'm guessing Surrey postcodes might be quite Taycan friendly in comparison.

We do have all our business insurance with NFU so that has probably discounted my Taycan premium, but they might be negotiated down from their first price.

I'm 35 by the way and was told my age isn't affecting the premium. I'm less happy at being told that than I thought I'd be back when I was 21.
Thanks for this.

I used A Plan and they gave me a very healthy quote of 1800 for the Taycan with new car replacement and choice of repairer. They also gave me an offer on my Bentley that was significantly cheaper so I did multi car and it made my Taycan insurance 1600 ???

RG2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Golf R Estate, Golf VR6, Corrado VR6
Country flag

psglas

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Audi RS4, Defender 90
Country flag
Got a bit of a shock when I got a renewal quote for the 4s today. £240. Think I will shop around for something cheaper. :)

psglas

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Audi RS4, Defender 90
Country flag
Scottish highlands / 53 / 3000. I decided to push the mileage up to 6000 but that added £16

bootsie

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Golf GTI 16v
Country flag
I now seem to have the opposite problem to most here - dealer is happy to register the car in my name but my accountant is now insisting that it be registered to the company. Anyone have any links I can use to convince him otherwise?
Out of interest though, how many company car owners here have got their chosen insurance company to bill their company rather than them personally? I did ask Admiral but I wasn’t convinced they really understood.

Sonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots
Country flag
I now seem to have the opposite problem to most here - dealer is happy to register the car in my name but my accountant is now insisting that it be registered to the company. Anyone have any links I can use to convince him otherwise?
Out of interest though, how many company car owners here have got their chosen insurance company to bill their company rather than them personally? I did ask Admiral but I wasn’t convinced they really understood.
The company name will be on the invoice, and who own the vehicle.

Your name can be in the V5 registration certificate, as the registered keeper. This does not mean you are the owner.

If your accountant has an issue with this, get a new accountant.

My insurance company invoiced my company for the policy.

robborover

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan 4s & Cayenne S
Country flag
Churchill were fine with co being named. As for accountant, may relate to VAT reclaim if on finance but worth a chat.
Sponsored