Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

taycan4sl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
My car has been at the Service Department for 10 days now. First time taking it to get serviced so both recall and updates were needed. Only get updates on the status after at least 2 texts. Latest was that new module was suppose to be installed yesterday and car ready today. Car still not ready and now saying installation is finishing today programming tomorrow.

Trying to understand what options I have if car is not ready tomorrow.
Sponsored

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I insisted on waiting, specifically to avoid my car getting thrown in the queue and taking forever.

When they did the job they did warn me that if something went wrong they would have to send me away with a loaner...but in the end they got it done in 3 hours.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Note: Mine was the software recall only, no modules or hardware at all.

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
It depends on what is described as "Scope" in the corresponding TSB.
https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2021/MC-10199827-0001.pdf

If your car is already on the WMA5/6 version then the actual update work is about 1 hour.
If the car does not already have WMA5/6 then the work is at least 2 days and the risk of bricking is higher.

My car took 3 days for the WMA5 update in April and 2 days for the recall in July. But for the latter it was just sitting idle on the lot waiting for its turn.

Last edited:
OP
OP

taycan4sl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thanks for the responses to the poll and thread. It required both, and would have been fine it took 1 week. Today is the 11th day and continue to get status updates (after repeated asks) of "programming" with no end in sight. I have reached out to Corporate for assistance.

It depends on what is described as "Scope" in the corresponding TSB.
https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2021/MC-10199827-0001.pdf

If your car is already on the WMA5/6 version then the actual update work is about 1 hour.
If the car does not already have WMA5/6 then the work is at least 2 days and the risk of bricking is higher.

My car took 3 days for the WMA5 update in April and 2 days for the recall in July. But for the latter it was just sitting idle on the lot waiting for its turn.
Sponsored