First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I agree.

Its an amazing car, beautiful and with low running costs, practicality, luxury and stunning performance.

It makes me wonder wtf is going on with used values

Maybe the used market will come to understand in time and prices will pick up?

There are a lot of dark forces at work in the anti EV movement at present imo convincing Joe Public they are bad.

But us people that own and drive the car on a daily basis actually know the truth.....
It is an amazing car!

Crazymind

First Name
Mattia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
Such a British issue! Fuelled by tax savings when buying through company.
Nobody wants second hands Taycan but people still ordering new Taycan!
This will drive the value of the Taycan to the lowest any porsche has ever seen.
I will not be surprised you will be able to pick up a 5 years old Taycan for 15/17k pounds with 15/20k miles on the clock.
personally can’t wait that day :)

Jasper4S

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ST
Country flag
I agree 100% with you.

One time my wife was driving my car and I was in the city and saw her driving, my first thought was; holy shit a gentian Taycan! And after a split second I realized it was my own.

Depreciation means nothing to me, it is still worth new price to me

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
This is not only a U.K. issue, but probably more accentuated in U.K.
  • Huge Tax incentives to buy EV for companies with cars now flooding the 2nd hand market.
  • A lot of them now ending the first lease period
  • Tax incentives pushed a lot of luxury big cars on the road that people in general do not want. Too large a car. And the normal buyers do not want to spend on luxury at the moment.
  • EV insurance premiums seem also to have risen quite a lot.
  • Cost of living plus very high interest rates for Mortgages limit spending .
  • Dealers are not interested in taking in second hand Taycan due to govt saying the need to sell 22% EV’s to sell ICE cars. So a dealer will prioritise sales of new EV
  • Infrastructure for charging has been lagging in the U.K. which has scared many away from EV’st
  • Crazy pricing by Shelll, BP and many others charging 75 to 85 pence per kWh!.
  • Complicated payment systems for charging networks, with cards, dongles and apps.
The enthusiasts that looked for an EV have now been satisfied and normal rules apply.

Nothing really surprising about the market at the moment and this will likely stay with us for some time now.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
  • Huge Tax incentives to buy EV for companies with cars now flooding the 2nd hand market.
  • Tax incentives pushed a lot of luxury big cars on the road that people in general do not want. Too large a car. And the normal buyers do not want to spend on luxury at the moment.
  • Dealers are not interested in taking in second hand Taycan due to govt saying the need to sell 22% EV’s to sell ICE cars. So a dealer will prioritise sales of new EV
  • Infrastructure for charging has been lagging in the U.K. which has scared many away from EV’st
  • Complicated payment systems for charging networks, with cards, dongles and apps.
The enthusiasts that looked for an EV have now been satisfied and normal rules apply.

Nothing really surprising about the market at the moment and this will likely stay with us for some time now.
Exactly.

I have no interest in selling mine so depreciation is moot.

The infrastructure limitations and price gouging at charge points is annoying but doesn’t affect me much since I mainly charge at home. I haven’t been near an Ionity station yet so never benefited from a special price but am planning to try one on Sunday.

allroadusa

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ Pure White
Country flag
Depreciation in the UK seems accentuated compared to some other European countries:

:idea:Just switch UK from RHD to LHD and sell 2nd hand Taycans to the larger EU market. Pb solved.
You're welcome.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Exactly.

The infrastructure limitations and price gouging at charge points is annoying but doesn’t affect me much since I mainly charge at home. I haven’t been near an Ionity station yet so never benefited from a special price but am planning to try one on Sunday.
That is interesting to hear, hope things will be great at Ionity. So many advantages to be able to mainly charge with ac.

I use my car for long distance trips and am very pleased with it. It is what the Taycan was designed for. Comfortable, fast, silent and stylish. I have look and calculated my charging history via data from the Porsche website. And I have 62500 km on the clock with 75 to 80% DC charging at Ionity, Fastned, Tesla etc! Car is still going strong and just had its second heater replaced though.

Due to mileage it will of course also depreciate, but I intend to hold on to it for a few more years. I would have liked a bit more efficiency and longer range, because the range disappears rapidly on the Autobahn.

Technology moves so fast nowadays so I will wait another cycle, age permitting....

I like the styling on my car as well, so no need because of change of style.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Depreciation in the UK seems accentuated compared to some other European countries:

:idea:Just switch UK from RHD to LHD and sell 2nd hand Taycans to the larger EU market. Pb solved.
You're welcome.
Maybe valid for France, but the second hand prices in Germany are quite attractive as well and much lower than here!

allroadusa

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ Pure White
Country flag
Indeed... I noticed a 15% gap in prices between France and Germany.

Donar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan ST ‘22 - Polestar 2 Performance '20
Country flag
Without a doubt the most beautiful family car I could buy for my budget. Also still so much in love with the color and spec; that really give it good road presence.

I very often drive 220km a day and realize my own car was the nicest car I saw that day.

rb33gl

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Audi A3 TFSIe Hybrid, Porsche 964 (gone..)
Country flag
Exactly.

The anti-EV opinions seem to be driven by the fossel fuel industry and the right wing press. For people that are taken in by this rubbish, there's a simple cure for this - give them 5 minutes in any Taycan...

The Riddler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag

Absolutely spot on…
Sponsored