What are my options?

menzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mino cooper S, waiting for taycan CT
Country flag
For a background for those not familiar, I ordered a 2021 CT4 back in June 2021 which entered production in July 2021 and still stuck in emden. I found a 2022 CT4 in a dealership two hours away, missing from it the following options (comparison to my build)
1. Thermal and noise insulation glass
2. Rear wheel steering
3. Innodrive and ALK (can add those over FOD) not concerned
4. 400 volt charging (useless now but may be useful in the future)
5. Electric power port

I called my original dealer and asked me to wait on Monday as the car might be shipped this week. If not he will give me my deposit back. I already have a 7k discount the 2022 is at MSRP (difference between the two taking the discount into consideration is 7,500).

I’m thinking of just taking the 2022 and cancelling the 2021 tomorrow wether it gets on the ship this week or not. what would you guys recommend?
Sponsored

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
I’d wait because of 1 and 2.

soul.electrified

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 4S convertible, LX570, CT4 (pending)
Country flag
Same interior/exterior colors and wheels? I'd probably go with the newer model year over the options that you listed (with the exception of #2).

ptilley42

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
if you need to turn in tight spaces , number 2 a must have

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
For a background for those not familiar, I ordered a 2021 CT4 back in June 2021 which entered production in July 2021 and still stuck in emden. I found a 2022 CT4 in a dealership two hours away, missing from it the following options (comparison to my build)
2. Rear wheel steering
5. Electric power port

I called my original dealer and asked me to wait on Monday as the car might be shipped this week. If not he will give me my deposit back. I already have a 7k discount the 2022 is at MSRP (difference between the two taking the discount into consideration is 7,500).

I’m thinking of just taking the 2022 and cancelling the 2021 tomorrow wether it gets on the ship this week or not. what would you guys recommend?
Although I spec’d most of the things in your 2021 build, my view is that they are “nice to have” items. With that said, Porsche is a “nice to have“ brand in its entirety so leaving out things that you were originally willing to pay for is likely going to leave you thinking about what you are missing…post delivery of your 2022. I would recommend going for your original 2021 build if there is true line of sight on your original order.

OP
OP

menzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Although I spec’d most of the things in your 2021 build, my view is that they are “nice to have” items. With that said, Porsche is a “nice to have“ brand in its entirety so leaving out things that you were originally willing to pay for is likely going to leave you thinking about what you are missing…post delivery of your 2022. I would recommend going for your original 2021 build if there is true line of sight on your original order.
That’s my thought process but with a timeline deadline. I am moving back to NY in 5 weeks from Nj. You don’t pay sales taxes on electric cars in New Jersey. If I miss the on available now, who knows when the other one will come or another car in general.

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
That’s my thought process but with a timeline deadline. I am moving back to NY in 5 weeks from Nj. You don’t pay sales taxes on electric cars in New Jersey. If I miss the on available now, who knows when the other one will come or another car in general.
NJ was just too awesome for you, huh? It happens...

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
FWIW: you are obliged to pay the sales taxes imposed where the car is registered regardless of where it is purchased so if you are moving to NY and will be registering the car there upon purchase you will have to pay the taxes imposed by NY.

OP
OP

menzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
FWIW: you are obliged to pay the sales taxes imposed where the car is registered regardless of where it is purchased so if you are moving to NY and will be registering the car there upon purchase you will have to pay the taxes imposed by NY.
I’m still a NJ resident. It will be registered here, but once I move to NY that’s it.

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
2. Rear wheel steering
5. Electric power port

I have rear wheel steering and its terrific. I would not have ordered the other options you've listed, but if you save 7500 while getting all 5 above (compared to a 2022 model) then I would wait for the car you ordered. Unless you need transportation then its a whole different conversation. In reality, I did not need a new car, but bought one anyway. A man's gotta have his toys.

DANgerous

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
if you need to turn in tight spaces , number 2 a must have
I respectively disagree with this. I manage to park in tight spots on a daily basis without the rear axle steering and without trouble - but I do have the ParkAssist with the Surround View which is definitely very useful. I'm sure it's nice to have, though.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
I’m still a NJ resident. It will be registered here, but once I move to NY that’s it.
you might want to check NY regulations on how long the car needs to be registered in NJ before you switch it to NY.
I bought a tesla in NJ, I owned a home there at the time but was living in FLA, I registered the car in NJ and FLA requires six months to pass before I could register the car in FLA and not pay sales taxes.

OP
OP

menzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
you might want to check NY regulations on how long the car needs to be registered in NJ before you switch it to NY.
I bought a tesla in NJ, I owned a home there at the time but was living in FLA, I registered the car in NJ and FLA requires six months to pass before I could register the car in FLA and not pay sales taxes.
Thanks for the tip

jkoya

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan CT4, 23 Mini Cooper SE on order
Country flag
Were you ever given an explanation as to why your CT4 is still at Emden ?
Sponsored