Would you buy it again?

• Total voters

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I'm getting a 4S, I liked the idea of dual motors. I dressed it up to my taste and it ended up well above the MSRP for a Turbo. I did consider a GTS, Turbo, and even a Turbo S. But all of the alternatives, especially the Turbo S, were more expensive and really offered me nothing except a few tenths of a second of additional acceleration in launch mode.
Spot on. In 1.5 years, I never had the situation, where I haven't had enough power.

I did have once a very annoying loss of power in a critical situation due to the collision warning assistant. I wish they would offer a permanent switch to get rid off it.
Sponsored

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I seriously think you have no idea how much software there is in a Taycan. All the mechanical design that you mention matters a whole lot, however you probably will find if hard to believe, all the software engineering combined took a lot more effort and resources than all the mechanical design. Not all Porsche software is new, they've been adding more and more ECU's to their cars over the years, as well as working with Audi borrowing from them (e.g. PCM, ZFAS, etc). Most software, especially when well designed, you just don't see, which I think is the reason why people underestimate how much it takes to develop. That, and MBA's tend to think that because software is free to replicate (produce), then it's free - hence the phrase "it's just software". That is how VW ended up producing cars (ID.4) which could not drive for a year - they completely underestimated the software effort required.

Taycan has better driving dynamics tech. Plaid beat Taycan around the Nurburgring by compensating with more power (the YouTube video I think you are referring to is here) - it can simply accelerate out of corners so much faster than the Taycan.

Now imagine what a Taycan could do if it had Plaid drivetrain (battery, inverters, motors)...
Someone should toss you a shovel to help with the hole you’re digging…

You’re missing the point, as most Tesla fanboys do.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Porsche is a cut above the Tesla in the packaging and approach.
What about the problem, that the T LC is not readily available?

Can we mention the quality problems, like yoke falling apart, which poses a big question mark on the safety with that kind of acceleration? :angel:

Porsche Taycan Would you buy your Taycan again? 1645760281707

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Someone should toss you a shovel to help with the hole you’re digging…

You’re missing the point, as most Tesla fanboys do.
LOL. On Tesla forums I've been called a Porsche fanboy for pointing out things which Taycan does better. Now you call me a Tesla fanboy on a Porsche forum for pointing things Tesla does better. Hmm... I wonder who the real fanboys are.

scav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo (2022)
Country flag
I don't like to call out specific people, so I won't, but the way some of you are behaving in the thread really kills this forum for me. I have not seen a single "Tesla fanboy" in this thread, but Porsche fanboys? Oh boy, you guys really turned out for this one, didn't you?

This forum has been great, it's been a place where we can actually discuss things, rather than being told we are not a "car person". Why? Because you know all there is to know about a Taycan because you owned a 911 back in 1970? Or because Tesla is not perfect, it somehow excuses Porsche?

Are some of you actual adults, or just kids trolling on a forum? Because I just cannot tell with some of you.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I don't like to call out specific people, so I won't, but the way some of you are behaving in the thread really kills this forum for me. I have not seen a single "Tesla fanboy" in this thread, but Porsche fanboys? Oh boy, you guys really turned out for this one, didn't you?

This forum has been great, it's been a place where we can actually discuss things, rather than being told we are not a "car person". Why? Because you know all there is to know about a Taycan because you owned a 911 back in 1970? Or because Tesla is not perfect, it somehow excuses Porsche?

Are some of you actual adults, or just kids trolling on a forum? Because I just cannot tell with some of you.
Agree.

The original post was asking a specific question:

Would you buy your Taycan again?

But the thread has drifted into a passive/aggressive sparring match on Software v hardware and Porsche v Tesla.

No problem with that - but maybe better under a new thread? Then people can read / contribute if they want to, or ignore if they don't.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Another thing to always consider when launching is what you have in your trunk. You can make a mess of your groceries or pizza in the trunk by launching hard.
Pizza?! DONT LAUNCH with shit in your trunk!

OP
OP
soul.electrified

soul.electrified

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 4S convertible, LX570, CT4 (pending)
Country flag
I am impressed that 84.2% would order their vehicle again. As I am approaching my freeze date, I have flirted with the idea of cancelling the order many times - especially after reading on this website. The high number of potentially repeat customers gives me confidence that I should stick with my order.

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
LOL. On Tesla forums I've been called a Porsche fanboy for pointing out things which Taycan does better. Now you call me a Tesla fanboy on a Porsche forum for pointing things Tesla does better. Hmm... I wonder who the real fanboys are.
I called you a fanboy because you did exactly what a fanboy does. Let’s refresh:

1. You’re a Tesla owner who went on a forum of another make to discuss a car you don’t own.

2. You posted comments about the perceived shortcomings of the car that you don’t own.

3. The comments, as expected, were software related.

4. When others debated your point, you doubled down in a manner that clearly showed a limited understanding of performance cars.

5. When people pointed that out, you posted links to videos of Teslas beating cars in a straight line and made comments about ‘superior performance.’

Sorry but that’s straight out of the Tesla troll playbook, whether you realize it or not.

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW XI/Taycan 21 4S
Country flag
Would you buy your Taycan again, knowing what you know now? If no, what would need to change? Like many people here, I am waiting for the delivery of my vehicle. While waiting, I am wondering how satisfied or disappointed current owners are (and yes, this is likely not representative, given the forum bias). TIA

Took delivery of my 21 4S in December of 2020 and now have 10k miles on it .Other than a couple of trips to the dealer for software updates the car has been great.eric lodewijk
Sponsored