B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Use Apple Music/SiriusXM/whatever, park the car, come back. Your original music source resumes (yay!) but then dies as soon as Carplay reattaches (boo!).
Maybe I have a workaround for that.
Before shut down the car, try to pause music.
When you'll come back, just press Play and it should work.
(of course, i don't know if it works for new version... it works for mine (MY21)).

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Driving the car for the first time and I could sync up Spotify but no audio plays….
It doesn't play, or you just don't hear?
It happens to me a couple of times, volume was 0 (zero)...

nikc

First Name
Nik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo
Country flag
Android user and interested in this. The Spotify experience using the built-in Bluetooth is pretty meh. The current track metadata rarely shows properly (track length is always from the first track played and artist/song info fails to change about 25% of the time).

It's not a huge issue, more of a nuisance. I expect Built-in Spotify or Android Auto will fix this permanently.
Enable developer options on your phone (https://developer.android.com/studio/debug/dev-options).

Then find the Bluetooth AVRCP version setting on your phone. It's probably 1.5 or 1.6.

Set it to version 1.3.

Track metadata and position should now update correctly.

BurntToast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1986 944 turbo and 2022 Taycan GTS (soon)
Country flag
Don't have my car yet (late 2022 build awaiting boat), but can someone test out the spotify integration and see how good it is? Also if Android auto wireless works reliably? Those are the two biggest things I'm looking forward to
Spotify integration worked fine for me. The only issue is that I have fairly long playlists, and therefore scrolling through all the music when you can only see a few at a time on the screen means it's easier for me just to select a song from my phone and use Bluetooth.

Let me know if you would like a pic of the screen

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 458, Lexus GX460
Country flag
Spotify integration worked fine for me. The only issue is that I have fairly long playlists, and therefore scrolling through all the music when you can only see a few at a time on the screen means it's easier for me just to select a song from my phone and use Bluetooth.

Let me know if you would like a pic of the screen
Very helpful, thanks! That makes sense to me, I know Spotify integration on Android auto allows for limited scrolling as well. Any thoughts on how well voice control / search for songs is? If my wife isn't in car, that's usually how I try to get specific songs to play

I guess I'm hoping that native porsche pcm has good voice control and search iq, as that's actually the thing I enjoy most about Android auto. Much easier to use voice to smart search for destination/ points of interest while driving, as well as music control

paladin732

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Lucid
Country flag
Very helpful, thanks! That makes sense to me, I know Spotify integration on Android auto allows for limited scrolling as well. Any thoughts on how well voice control / search for songs is? If my wife isn't in car, that's usually how I try to get specific songs to play

I guess I'm hoping that native porsche pcm has good voice control and search iq, as that's actually the thing I enjoy most about Android auto. Much easier to use voice to smart search for destination/ points of interest while driving, as well as music control
voice control is vastly improved. I was able to get it to actually play a song yesterday. Instead of it taking 40 minutes to respond and complain it had no idea what I said.

(Also, Spotify started working after leaving my car for a bit and coming back)

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, '06 Club Coupe (#48)
Country flag
Secretly hoping that the rear camera views would be improved but that’s probably wishful thinking :fingerscrossed:
My camera isn't too bad, so I can't tell whether I am less sensitive or whether the new version really is better.

Slatibartfast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991.2 GT3
Country flag
Can I please ask- anyone with the update that uses Homelink, does the homelink window disappear automatically when you leave the geofence area? It always drives me mad that you have to manually shut the pop up window even once you opened the gate and driven off down the road.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
voice control is vastly improved. I was able to get it to actually play a song yesterday. Instead of it taking 40 minutes to respond and complain it had no idea what I said.
I wonder is it doing more "on-device" processing of the voice instead of sending it to a remote endpoint? This is a direction apple has taken recently with Siri.

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
Can I please ask- anyone with the update that uses Homelink, does the homelink window disappear automatically when you leave the geofence area? It always drives me mad that you have to manually shut the pop up window even once you opened the gate and driven off down the road.
i have same issue and will probably just repurpose one of the universal buttons for this function

WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
i have same issue and will probably just repurpose one of the universal buttons for this function
Why not use the button on the center screen instead of taking up one of the universal buttons?
Sponsored