Skystorm

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS
Country flag
Porsche shows the base battery for the 4S on the main page, which is 522. The performance battery is 562. The GTS only offers the performance battery, at 590. The difference between a performance 4S and a GTS is 28 hp. Five percent. On a 5,000 lb vehicle. Totally immaterial and impossible to feel on a butt dyno. And where have you seen an actual 3.2 test time?
How about the Nm? I think it´s a big difference? I think 4S 650Nm and GTS 850Nm 25% difference..
Sponsored

Teufel Hund

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan Turbo IGM
Country flag
As written in previous posts, depending on the specs you want, GTS may turn out to be cheaper option than 4S. One thing I would also consider is whether you want to go for the GTS interior or not. It looks great but you can not get a heated steering wheel (bummer in some climates ... ) and ventilated / massage seats in the GTS interior version. If those two are a problem, then it may be better to go for 4S in my view. I did choose the GTS interior for mine TST but will surely miss it in winter / summer ...
You can also option the GTS with the leather interior at no additional charge and then the heated/ventilated options are available to add on

plumandreal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
718 GT4
Country flag
How about the Nm? I think it´s a big difference? I think 4S 650Nm and GTS 850Nm 25% difference..
They quote that 850Nm as a maximum torque with launch control. I think it is just marketing to make you know that you are getting the same motors as the turbo. Regardless of how much torque they can make, performance is wound down to a mid point to be better than the lesser car, and not as good as the better car. :)

Reactions: B61

Skystorm

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS
Country flag
They quote that 850Nm as a maximum torque with launch control. I think it is just marketing to make you know that you are getting the same motors as the turbo. Regardless of how much torque they can make, performance is wound down to a mid point to be better than the lesser car, and not as good as the better car. :)
Now I own a GTS and had a Turbo for over two years and they are very close in performance but with 4S, I can feel that it slower but still a very good trim with plenty of power..

Last edited:

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
The shape of the torque curve is important, because that gives the power. Peak torque without rpm tells little.

One of my oldest friends who used to be technical director of the Ferrari Formula 1 team used to ask all engineering applicants what was most important power or torque. Anybody who answered torque got no further in their interview.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I've just noticed that the tech specs on the Porsche website now include Max. wheel torque with Launch Control (Nm):
4S (Perf Bat) 7700
4S (Perf Bat+) 7900
GTS 8800
Turbo 11000
Turbo S 13050

QueenBean

First Name
Jill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Polestar 2, Rubicon 4xe, F-Pace
Country flag
I am waiting for an allocation for a taycan 4S but I realized that the price of my 4S is above the starting price of a gts and the gts comes with some of the options I picked as standard is there a big speed difference between the two that is noticeable and what is the main difference between the two
GTS would be the better option IMHO. I am thinking it will also hold its value somewhat better than the 4S.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I've just noticed that the tech specs on the Porsche website now include Max. wheel torque with Launch Control (Nm):
4S (Perf Bat) 7700
4S (Perf Bat+) 7900
GTS 8800
Turbo 11000
Turbo S 13050
That data tells very little useful engineering information, it probably came from the marketing department… :)

As a person who will only use launch control once, to feel what the fuss is about, I have been disappointed by how little performance data I would find interesting is available :(

How much difference in traction and lateral grip is there from 19” to 20” to 21” wheels with a Taycan weight car would be super informative to me.

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Comments - in two videos - by Nick Murray, Porsche enthusiast and youtuber, about GTS branding on Porsche models:
(starts at 6:17)

(starts at 0:14)

Taycan GTS base: $134,100
Taycan 4S base: $106,500
Diff in base prices = $27,600 (+26%)

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Comments - in two videos - by Nick Murray, Porsche enthusiast and youtuber, about GTS branding on Porsche models:
I'm cynical about Porsche marketing fluff (which even some reviewers seem to swallow and regurgitate) but I'd keep an open mind about the performance merits of the GTS in the Taycan range until the unlikely event of getting a good comparative test with a 4S to determine the extent to which the various declared GTS-specific tweaks noticeably change the experience. Clearly though some of the extra cost goes in to prominent GTS branding and cosmetics (are debadged GTS a thing?). Contrary to what is oft said about the sweet spot of the range, I'd be surprised if it still wasn't occupied by the 4S (certainly the case from my own personal perspective).

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
Also do you guys think the surface coated brakes are worth it
The surface coated brakes are awesome. They are pricey, but much less expensive than the ceramics. There is no brake dust to speak of and the white calipers look great.

Porsche Taycan Taycan 4S vs GTS 1663704425452

Mattyh

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
540i
Country flag
I had this dilemma, when drove the 4s I felt like I needed a bit more speed and it didn’t blow me away. Then test drove the gts and it was noticeable faster, you could feel it pull harder so it was a no brained for me. People say on paper there’s nothing in it blah blah. But real world it’s definitely noticeable

OP
OP
Abajansns

Abajansns

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Panamera, Audi Q5, Mazda CX-5, BMW 330 I
Country flag
PPN17A89 gts code

PPPLAR35 4S code

Do you guys think it’s worth the money to get gts over 4S and I still don’t fully understand why it is worth to get the gts over 4S does the the gts feel faster because you can add everything on the gts to the 4S so I don’t full understand why it’s worth it to upgrade
Sponsored