Clear Side Markers

Mwa3aan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Raptor, Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I finished mine today and it went very smoothly. Turn the wheels to create space, loosen the one screw with the T20 then push a little and pop it out.

Then, to unclip the connector, I found that using a pair of long nose pliers and twisting the connector slightly clockwise allows it to pop off easily. Dont force it too far, just a slight twist and its lose enough that it will just pull off.

I hope that last piece helps.

I did notice that they stand out probably a hair more than the yellow ones once installed. It might be optics with the black rather than yellow but you will notice it when you look straight down the side of the car.

Other than that its a massive upgrade. Thanks to everyone else for all the advice.
Sponsored

OP
OP
PNWTaycan4S

PNWTaycan4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘91 Polar Silver 964, ‘20 Dolomite Silver Taycan 4S, ‘19 Gravity Blue Nero EV
Country flag
Suncoast Porsche has clear side markers back in stock. My order from 4 weeks ago was shipped Friday. I’ll be ready when I pick up my 4S within the next week or so.

OMGitsME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Range Rover Sport HSE Dynamic, 2020 Taycan 4S+
Country flag
Suncoast Porsche has clear side markers back in stock. My order from 4 weeks ago was shipped Friday. I’ll be ready when I pick up my 4S within the next week or so.
What boat is ur 4s on? Where are you taking delivery at?
Have you set up your Porsche ID yet?

OP
OP
PNWTaycan4S

PNWTaycan4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘91 Polar Silver 964, ‘20 Dolomite Silver Taycan 4S, ‘19 Gravity Blue Nero EV
Country flag
What boat is ur 4s on? Where are you taking delivery at?
Have you set up your Porsche ID yet?
It arrived on the Glovis Sunrise last Thursday at the Port of Benicia, near San Francisco. Should have been, or will be soon, loaded on a truck with some other Pacific Northwest new Taycan owners. Hope to have it soon! On the allocation list in July of 2018, with order November 2019.

Last edited:

KINGFISH

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 911
Country flag
US models come standard with amber side markers. Any source for clear in US as in Europe? Or in London, UK area?
I've ordered clear EU side markers (OEM) from suncoast - https://www.suncoastparts.com
I pick up my Taycan Monday August 3rd (would be earlier but my lovely wife arranged for us to be on vacation at the beach when it is set to arrive the Friday before. : (

GreggT

First Name
GreggT
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.drivingfanatic.com
Vehicles
Multiple Porsches and Mercedes AMG
Country flag
I've ordered clear EU side markers (OEM) from suncoast - https://www.suncoastparts.com
I pick up my Taycan Monday August 3rd (would be earlier but my lovely wife arranged for us to be on vacation at the beach when it is set to arrive the Friday before. : (
Just a thought but......what I did a couple months ago before my wife's delivery....was just drop off the markers at the stealership (Service side)....and ask that swapping the markers please be part of the prep when she came in.

I've done it myself on all the other cars and those jobs included a ballast wiring because the LEDs replaced conventional bulbs.
I'll be cracking the Tay clears open next week and see if I can figure a cool replacement LED.
Obviously clears out-of-the-box are a great improvement from OEM if the car is parked and off.
I'm almost color blind but the wife tells me the LED's in the current clears are more than a worm color temp...almost orange.

Minnesotan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo, 2022 Targa 4S, 2018 E300
Country flag
Just a thought but......what I did a couple months ago before my wife's delivery....was just drop off the markers at the stealership (Service side)....and ask that swapping the markers please be part of the prep when she came in.

I've done it myself on all the other cars and those jobs included a ballast wiring because the LEDs replaced conventional bulbs.
I'll be cracking the Tay clears open next week and see if I can figure a cool replacement LED.
Obviously clears out-of-the-box are a great improvement from OEM if the car is parked and off.
I'm almost color blind but the wife tells me the LED's in the current clears are more than a worm color temp...almost orange.
BTW, I also had the dealer install them free when my T arrived, but I also just ordered the clear side markers from my dealer. Just gave dealer part number, and when I picked up the car, they were already installed.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
BTW, I also had the dealer install them free when my T arrived, but I also just ordered the clear side markers from my dealer. Just gave dealer part number, and when I picked up the car, they were already installed.
I've ordered the Suncoast parts and will drop them off at the dealer. I'm having a wrap, and thinking they may remove the side markers anyways.

LivingWithPorsches

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘20 Taycan 4S (July '20), ‘66 Porsche 912, ‘11 987 Spyder
Country flag
I just did the switch as well. A few notes that after the initial learning curve would have made things easier

1. On the 2nd light I didn’t remove the T20 screw on the liner, just the T20 screw holding the light in place. It was just as easy

2. To unclip the wire, slide the lens out enough so you can get in from the front of the lens. The release is on the front facing not rear facing side of the lens. I took a photo of the clip. Just push on it and it will come right off
Porsche Taycan Clear Side Markers 3CFF2104-B876-4BBB-8EAB-DA2C4F37B350

3. Getting the spacers off was easy once I just used a box knife to cut the glue line and pry up (see photo). There are 4 total spacers

Porsche Taycan Clear Side Markers C38BCD24-EBF8-434E-8087-C85A618AF410

Last edited:

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Did this today, thanks for the instructions! Like others I pried off the spacer with a knife and glued it to the new marker. Looks 10000% better and everyone with an amber marker should swap it!

One note of warning, I actually stripped the torx screw on the second marker and had to swap it out for a different screw. I made the mistake of NOT pre threading it and tried to do it anyway as it was on the car. Make sure you prethread the screw when the light is off.

I had front signal warnings for a bit but they seem to have cleared.
Porsche Taycan Clear Side Markers 20200810_110322
Porsche Taycan Clear Side Markers 20200729_171909

PCT

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I am having the clear side markers installed and there is a message on dash "Front turn signal error". Has anyone experienced this? Is there a program/method to remove this?

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I am having the clear side markers installed and there is a message on dash "Front turn signal error". Has anyone experienced this? Is there a program/method to remove this?
It did this for me through a couple of on/offs and blinker activations then cleared itself.

Check to make sure the power connector is properly attached and both markers are lighting up. Then just cycle through the signals a few times, turn the car off and on, and the message should go away.

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
I had the dealer provide and install the clear side markers. The driver's side light is not as flush as the passenger's side. I am tempted to take it apart. I also got the turn signal error warning once as I trying to get the car registered to me but no more the rest of the day
Porsche Taycan Clear Side Markers Pick up day 8_25_2020.JPG

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I had the dealer provide and install the clear side markers. The driver's side light is not as flush as the passenger's side. I am tempted to take it apart. I also got the turn signal error warning once as I trying to get the car registered to me but no more the rest of the day
Pick up day 8_25_2020.JPG
If you can send a closer photo of the marker not being flush I'll compare it to mine and get back to you.

Or here are photos of how flush mine is for you to compare. I remember thinking it wasn't completely flush at first but looking again it's pretty close.

Porsche Taycan Clear Side Markers 20200825_171806
Porsche Taycan Clear Side Markers 20200825_171743