Vertical

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, many other P-cars
Country flag
While this isn't really a "versus" question, I'm curious what other vehicles this community is looking at. What would you add in addition to the Taycan - not as a replacement. I've got my deposit in on the new Hummer EV but am not actively looking at anything else right now.
Sponsored

Silveral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have my name on an EQS to add to the Taycan, and I am waiting to see the F150 Lightning in person. I think the Ligthning will change EV perception in the US

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
I’ve owned Tesla’s, and have zero interest in those, the Lucid is very Tesla like and I have no interest in those. The MBs look interesting and in three years when my taycan lease is over I might look at those. The only current EV worth considering is the Audi. Maybe the caddy will be good but GMs past ev cars don’t inspire confidence

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
If and when Porsche does an EV Boxster/Caymen, I'll be in line for that. We've had a couple of Tesla's and I would interested to see their cheaper offering that's rumored as my commuter. Otherwise not really interested in them anymore.

The Mercedes offerings are interesting, but the sedans look pretty bad externally IMHO. I will be interested to see how their SUV offerings fair since they look more traditional, and I have always liked the more boxy looking SUVs MB offers.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
I'm waiting for the Microlino which will be in production this year (finally).
Only in Switzerland and Germany for the moment but the Netherlands will be next soon (I'll buy from Germany anyway).

This little EV will be my grocery getter cuz sometimes you just don't want to draw attention with a Taycan...?

Here's the link:
https://microlino-car.com/en/microlino

Porsche Taycan Anyone considering other EV's? microlino-car-2_0

jkjjpc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 BMW X5 40i, 2020 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
In addition to the Taycan 4S we have a Tesla Model 3P. I had reservations for a Polestar 2 and Mach-E GT, but cancelled both of those. I currently have reservations for a Lucid Air and a BMW iX. My main next EV consideration for purchase will be an SUV replacement for our X5, so the rumored Lucid SUV may be of interest since I'm not sure the iX will have enough range to substitute for the X5, which is our current long trip vehicle.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Hummer EV, or anything GM, would be the last vehicles I would EVER own/lease. GM has been garbage post-1970.

manitou202

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S, Audi E-tron
Country flag
I’m planning on replacing our Audi E-tron SUV with a Rivian R1S.

I also have a reservation for a Lucid Air Grand Touring, but I give it about a 20% chance I’ll actually go through with it.

Next Gen Taycan and the Mission R are my most likely replacement for my current Taycan.

Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla SP85D, Model P3D, Taycan Turbo S CT
Country flag
I did originally place an order on a Model S Plaid+, but later cancelled when the Taycan CT was released (the Plaid+ of course turned out to be vapourware so it didn't matter in the end). I'm honestly pretty disappointed at the new Model S and how little they have done to improve it where it actually matters.

I'm still pretty impressed by the new EQS, having better range, interior and being quite a bit cheaper than a specced out Taycan. The Taycan of course still wins on exterior styling, speed and undoubtedly overall driving experience.

I think the upcoming AMG EQS is absolutely going to be very interesting to see, especially if they manage to improve on the pretty bland exterior of the regular EQS.

Last edited:

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
I'm not sure the iX will have enough range to substitute for the X5, which is our current long trip vehicle.
Honestly why I think longer range plug in hybrids have a good purpose. Especially in SUVs where aerodynamics are more difficult.

My wife has a Cayenne E-hybrid that for her day to day uses just the battery (which is only about 25 miles range). When we need it for longer trips though, it's still very convenient and we aren't stuck stopping at chargers along the way.

A plug in luxury hybrid with 50-70 miles of range will be a killer IMHO.

cfp

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo '22 (ordered),MB E350, Mini Cooper SE
Country flag
I'll actually be adding a Mini Cooper SE in a couple of weeks (for the kids). But damn, that is a FUN car and very nicely appointed. And if I'm driving into NYC for dinner, the Taycan stays at home and the Mini is being drafted into duty.

HelfFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I know the design is love-it or hate-it, but I'll probably add a Tesla Cybertruck.

• Wow
Reactions: B61

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Ford Mach-e GT and BMW i4 M50i (despite the ugly face) are on my list for when I replace they Taycan . Neither has the brand appeal of a Porsch but they offer about the same performance and range as my Taycan 4S for 60% of the price.
Ford seems to be resolving the early issues with their first EV much faster than Porsche and they just started OTA updates for serious stuff. We have to wait to see BMW's after sale support.

GG77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Cayenne S
Country flag
Would get the next polestar car probably - I don't love the 2's design but it is a blast to drive
Sponsored