vdr

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maybe a Taycan...
Country flag
Just got a call from porsche ... my CT4S ordered september 8th is entering production tomorrow.
Should be out within 3-4 days and then sent to the exclusive department before being transported to the dealer october 15th.

Strange thing is that it will arrive BEFORE the CT4S that i ordered in April (and canceled in september) and that is still stuck at the factory with missing parts. No real idea when that one will arrive.
"Strange" is right.. I'd love to know how a '21 ordered in April is stuck in production while a "22 ordered in September is working it's way to you. The only thing that remotely makes any sense is that they redesigned *something* in the '22's that negates the need for a part that's in short supply in the '21's.
Sponsored

TeslaHeart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Forgot to share a pick on this thread. Picked up Monday. Dealer received the TPM after the car came from the port. Still missing 1 key, phone charger, and powered steering column.

TaycanPorsche.jpg
Very nice car!!! Congrats!!!
Question: How long did it take for you from arrival to the port to be on the truck heading the dealer? Thanks

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
Very nice car!!! Congrats!!!
Question: How long did it take for you from arrival to the port to be on the truck heading the dealer? Thanks
Hit the port 8/14/2021, trucked to dealer 9/23/2021, TPM to dealer 9/24/2021.

Bill4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo ; CT4S ordered
Country flag
"Strange" is right.. I'd love to know how a '21 ordered in April is stuck in production while a "22 ordered in September is working it's way to you. The only thing that remotely makes any sense is that they redesigned *something* in the '22's that negates the need for a part that's in short supply in the '21's.
That’s possible indeed …

TeslaHeart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Hit the port 8/14/2021, trucked to dealer 9/23/2021, TPM to dealer 9/24/2021.
Thanks for sharing the dates. Question: Did you know your car was missing the TPM (stop sell) before arriving to the US port or after?

02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
I doubt it’s the culprit, but it could be why they got rid of the cellular antenna

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for sharing the dates. Question: Did you know your car was missing the TPM (stop sell) before arriving to the US port or after?
I asked my salesman the day it hit the port. I had my salesman send me a screenshot of their internal computer system that showed the 4 open campaigns and of the 4, the TPM was the one that did not allow a sale.

bj33813

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Well, I seem to have the tpms chips, BUT:
"The sensor/microchip for the A/C has not arrived there yet from Germany. Unfortunately, PEC Atlanta can't deliver the car until it is put in. It isn't a scheduling issue because as soon as it gets in, they plan to contact you. TPMS was something (missing)for some vehicles, they just never put on, so that may have been the reason for quicker release (of other cars)"

I feel like Bill Murray in "Groundhog Day".

TeslaHeart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
"The sensor/microchip for the A/C has not arrived there yet from Germany. Unfortunately, PEC Atlanta can't deliver the car until it is put in. It isn't a scheduling issue because as soon as it gets in, they plan to contact you. TPMS was something (missing)for some vehicles, they just never put on, so that may have been the reason for quicker release (of other cars)"

I hope you can get it soon.
Just for curiosity, if you enter your VIN in this recall page are you able to see your missing parts? https://recall.porsche.com/prod/pag/vinrecalllookup_V3.nsf/VIN?ReadForm&c=usa

lucan6699

First Name
lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan, bentley
Country flag
Hey everyone,

this is mainly pitched at those in the UK but anyone’s opinion would be great!

Has anyone else experienced significant delays in their orders?

I locked spec 21st April for a RWD Taycan and initially the car was meant to leave Germany 22nd May, which was then pushed to 10th June and now has been pushed again to 28th June.

Also would be good to hear from anyone who hasn’t had their Taycan delivery delayed.

Porsche centre have given little direction about whether it would delay again and say there is nothing they can do.
CT 4S, UK, original build completion was June 21st, Pushed back to July, then September, now showing as 15th October. Got my VIN number 2 weeks ago. Put my vin in on the recall site - not showing as any recalls. Sold my Taycan in May ready for the new car. Regrets... I have a few!!! I am hoping that there are no more delays, especially seeing as some UK cars are coming through now. Have emailed Porsche GB to air my grievances re communication from Germany.

bj33813

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
"There are currently no open recalls for this vehicle." Maybe I should send this to PEC???
Thats what mine says though I am missing my powered steering column, phone charger and second key. I think that VIN check is for like recalls not open campaigns from delivery issues.

TeslaHeart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Thats what mine says though I am missing my powered steering column, phone charger and second key. I think that VIN check is for like recalls not open campaigns from delivery issues.
It makes sense. I was not sure if recalls and campaigns are the same but apparently it is not. Thanks for clarifying.

chenner

First Name
B.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag

Incidentally, how much of a delay did the PEC delivery add to your delivery time?
Sponsored