chenner

First Name
B.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
After 45 days at the port, it has been 3 weeks so far at PEC & counting.
I mean, when I had initially requested PEC delivery I was told that it would push my delivery date back by 60-90 days compared to taking delivery at the dealership.

Were you told something similar?

Bry5on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'70 electric Jaguar, ‘21 Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
Well, I seem to have the tpms chips, BUT:
"The sensor/microchip for the A/C has not arrived there yet from Germany. Unfortunately, PEC Atlanta can't deliver the car until it is put in. It isn't a scheduling issue because as soon as it gets in, they plan to contact you. TPMS was something (missing)for some vehicles, they just never put on, so that may have been the reason for quicker release (of other cars)"

I feel like Bill Murray in "Groundhog Day".
Good luck. I got the same message from them that they wouldn’t schedule until they had firm dates due to the shortage. The day the car arrived at port, they emailed me to let me know I could finally schedule my PEC ( LA) delivery as early as … 2.5 months in the future!!! I doubt that’s an acceptable delay for most folks awaiting their (already late) new cars. Enjoy ???? I’m taking the refund and picking my car up at the dealer.

bj33813

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I mean, when I had initially requested PEC delivery I was told that it would push my delivery date back by 60-90 days compared to taking delivery at the dealership.

Were you told something similar?
No, I had ordered the PEC delivery from the start, but nothing was said about delays(of course). I already asked my sales guy about skipping the tour etc and just getting the danged car, but was told I would still have to wait on the parts before they would release it. They have my money already too, so.......it is what it is.

TeslaHeart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
TYD At Dealer 9-21-2021 3-43-07 PM.jpg
Guess it got on a truck today!
My Taycan is coming to South Florida, however my TYD updated that the car is at Baltimore Port in the "port post-processing status". I contacted my dealer and they said it is on PDI-in as of this morning. Do you know what is the average time to complete the PDI if all is as expected? (based on your experience). Thanks

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
My Taycan is coming to South Florida, however my TYD updated that the car is at Baltimore Port in the "port post-processing status". I contacted my dealer and they said it is on PDI-in as of this morning. Do you know what is the average time to complete the PDI if all is as expected? (based on your experience). Thanks
PDI process not long. I got the call that my car arrived before the TYD said it was. I found TYD not 100% accurate as the car was built before the date TYD stated. The car arrived 2-3 days before TYD stated.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
My dealer had sent my car for the PPF and Tint and the flatbed arrived at their shop around 1:30pm and they finished up the PDI just as I arrived at 6:00pm for pick up.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
PDI process not long. I got the call that my car arrived before the TYD said it was. I found TYD not 100% accurate as the car was built before the date TYD stated. The car arrived 2-3 days before TYD stated.
TYD is not perfect, but in my case, it was accurate the entire way. Even the day it moved from the port to the dealer. Dealer told me it was coming and during the day it showed it ready to deliver and by 5pm it showed 0 miles to dealer and milestone reached.

It is a neat service if it would work for everyone. I liked watching and tracking it. Though I know the current guys are hating seeing the dates get pushed and pushed.

TeslaHeart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
My dealer had sent my car for the PPF and Tint and the flatbed arrived at their shop around 1:30pm and they finished up the PDI just as I arrived at 6:00pm for pick up.
The PDI that I am referring is the one they do at the Ports before loading into a truck.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
The PDI that I am referring is the one they do at the Ports before loading into a truck.
In May of this year my car was at port ~2 days.

Bill4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo ; CT4S ordered
Country flag
Just got news from my Dealer...

My MY22 CT4S, ordered first week of september has entered production this monday and is expected to arrive at the dealer as planned, last week of october.

The MY21 CT4S, ordered early in April and cancelled due to delays, got pushed back further.
Delivery initially planned for end of July but got stuck due to missing parts. Delivery has now been pushed back to mid December.

How can a MY22 ordered 5 months later arrive 2 months earlier than the MY21 (exact same specs).

Last edited:

vdr

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maybe a Taycan...
Country flag
How can a MY22 ordered 5 months later arrive 2 months earlier than the MY21 (exact same specs).
Exactly this!

And the nerve of Porsche NA here in the states to offer up no explanation whatsoever is, to me, nearly beyond belief.
Sponsored