marty_n

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST, Carrera S, Volvo V90T8
Country flag
Hello everyone, just joined the taycan forum but unfortunately my GTS ST has been also sitting at the dealer w/o 12V battery since Aug 25th and noone was able to give me any information when I can take delivery ... there are 5 more Taycans w/o a 12V battery sitting at the dealer in Prague, one of them since the end of July 😱. Scary thing is that I have not found anyone who would have the battery installed and actually took delivery after early July. so I may be in for another 2-3 months wait ... It is beyond frustrating ..
Sponsored

Hugo

First Name
Hugo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (ETD 15 July)
Country flag
I feel for the dealers that are receiving the cars minus the batteries because they are charged by Porsche for them but they can’t sell them to the customer and get that money back into their account.
I asked exactly the same question to my dealer. He said porsche is not charging them these cars (Lisbon / Portugal).

So its also in Porsche’s best interest (if not for other, at least regarding the direct financial impact) to have this situation fixed asap.

Hugo

First Name
Hugo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (ETD 15 July)
Country flag
Hello everyone, just joined the taycan forum but unfortunately my GTS ST has been also sitting at the dealer w/o 12V battery since Aug 25th and noone was able to give me any information when I can take delivery ... there are 5 more Taycans w/o a 12V battery sitting at the dealer in Prague, one of them since the end of July 😱. Scary thing is that I have not found anyone who would have the battery installed and actually took delivery after early July. so I may be in for another 2-3 months wait ... It is beyond frustrating ..
Welcome to our emotional support group ✌🏻

Read this thread to have some inputs but don’t expect much. Very little information and no fixed dates established so far (that anyone has posted here at least).

Luminated67

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4M50
Country flag
I asked exactly the same question to my dealer. He said porsche is not charging them these cars (Lisbon / Portugal).

So its also in Porsche’s best interest (if not for other, at least regarding the direct financial impact) to have this situation fixed asap.
The brother was told the opposite by his dealer that they would be charged if they took delivery but you don’t know who to trust because there’s zero information coming from either Porsche or the dealer.

Imagine if you had already sold your car or it’s lease was up, would Porsche leave you high and dry or sort you with some form of transport to get by until your car lands.

spicyypenguin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (ordered)
Country flag
I'm also in a similar position with my Taycan GTS.

On TYD, I've been stuck at the "Port Processing" stage since 09/02. Initially, I had a delivery ETA for 09/09 but my dealer informed me that it'll be delayed by an additional two weeks because the vehicle is waiting for a 12V battery.

TYD has now updated the delivery ETA to 09/23 but I'm not very confident about this. Interestingly, my vehicle is being kept at the destination port instead of at the dealership or at the facility near Emden. I'll update here if I get any additional info from my SA.

marty_n

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST, Carrera S, Volvo V90T8
Country flag
Welcome to our emotional support group ✌🏻

Read this thread to have some inputs but don’t expect much. Very little information and no fixed dates established so far (that anyone has posted here at least).
Thanks a lot! Yes it looks like Porsche AG for some reason prefers to leave its customers clueless ...

AyTifosi

First Name
Marlon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S, 2022 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Yup. My GTS was finished 7/11 and is estimated to be here 12/8 (I'm pessimistic). C'est la vie.

backslashed

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I wonder how this affects Porsche's IPO plans and if that's the reason they are keeping silent about it. The cat's going to get out of the bag soon anyway because I think that the number of cars without batteries should technically be in the thousands now if they've kept up their 250 cars a day production values. Quite scary. Something like this can knock over a company.

Mookow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Taycan GTS
Country flag

Is it just Taycans that are suffering, or are other Porsche models affected?

I also wonder who makes the PCBs and why there is a shortage of them?
My 992 Turbo S waited months for a new 12v. I was told chip shortage was what caused it, so I assume it's not just Taycan hit here.

Atipical

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
996 C4S, Taycan GTS
Country flag
Okay so it looks like TYD is basically keeping non 12V-having Taycans stuck on the "Ready for Transport" milestone....mine shifted to In Transit to Emden but that mustve been a mistake because it quickly changed back to Ready to Transport last week and hasn't moved. Still showing a final date of 11/04 which actually moved to the left from 11/18.....we shall see.

poppap

First Name
Pop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Taycan RWD (PNYVW213)
Country flag
Okay so it looks like TYD is basically keeping non 12V-having Taycans stuck on the "Ready for Transport" milestone....mine shifted to In Transit to Emden but that mustve been a mistake because it quickly changed back to Ready to Transport last week and hasn't moved. Still showing a final date of 11/04 which actually moved to the left from 11/18.....we shall see.
11/04 seems to be the placeholder a lot of people is having at the moment.

Tesla2Taycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S P85 + Taycan GTS
Country flag
I'm also in a similar position with my Taycan GTS.

On TYD, I've been stuck at the "Port Processing" stage since 09/02. Initially, I had a delivery ETA for 09/09 but my dealer informed me that it'll be delayed by an additional two weeks because the vehicle is waiting for a 12V battery.

TYD has now updated the delivery ETA to 09/23 but I'm not very confident about this. Interestingly, my vehicle is being kept at the destination port instead of at the dealership or at the facility near Emden. I'll update here if I get any additional info from my SA.
My delivery date has been pushed to Oct 07 now 😞

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo, Eletre R (on order)
Country flag
My 992 Turbo S waited months for a new 12v. I was told chip shortage was what caused it, so I assume it's not just Taycan hit here.
Thanks for the update. Maybe Porsche need to look at diversification in their 12V battery suppliers. Like they do with tyres etc.
Sponsored