2020 Turbo needs a new high power battery

rs38

Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8,i3,
Country flag
I am not a gifted math guy! Does that makes sense?
it does make sense, if everything else is the same, but I guess this will be difficult with preconditioning. I cannot remember ever charged more than mid to high 80s kWh in my car, because I do not precon it.
Advertisement

feye

Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
it does make sense, if everything else is the same, but I guess this will be difficult with preconditioning. I cannot remember ever charged more than mid to high 80s kWh in my car, because I do not precon it.
Have you ever charged from really low SoC to 100%?

rs38

Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8,i3,
Country flag
yes, it was during we had a flatrate charging offer, so I cannot check how much it was. but it took ages like 9h or so

OP
OP
thedoctor

thedoctor

Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Did your dealer give an ETA projection for your new battery?
Tow truck picked it up on a Friday. Porsche looked at it on Monday. That Wednesday they said it needs a new high power battery and they said they think it would be 1-2 weeks. Now it’s a month from when the tow truck took her.

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
Tow truck picked it up on a Friday. Porsche looked at it on Monday. That Wednesday they said it needs a new high power battery and they said they think it would be 1-2 weeks. Now it’s a month from when the tow truck took her.
Sigh…

RinOC

Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
At least you’ll get the upgraded battery system. It’s always tough to wait. I had a Lexus laid up for 6 weeks because they couldn’t get an outside drivers door mirror on a body repair. They took the car apart and then told me they couldn’t get the part. They didn’t want to put the door back together temporarily for me. I was mad for sure so I understand the frustration.

Advertisement

SRM Autosports
Advertisement