OP
Viv S

Viv S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera/Taycan
Country flag
2022 Taycan 4S with PB+ here - 100% charge gets me 315 miles after 2 months of use. When the car was purchased, the projected range at 100% was around 210 miles.
Awesome!!!!!!!
Sponsored

evn00b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S, '14 Lexus IS, '22 Hyundai Palisade
Country flag
Awesome!!!!!!!
Forgot to clarify - this is in Normal mode. I don’t drive like a Prius driver but I don’t race every Tesla fella with a chip on his shoulder either 😉.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Forgot to clarify - this is in Normal mode. I don’t drive like a Prius driver but I don’t race every Tesla fella with a chip on his shoulder either 😉.
Can you share your consumption figures miles / kWh from your Total Trip reading?

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Here is my current guessometer reading.
It's about average for my car in summer, but doing lots of short journeys.

I can't show the current 'total figures' as the car isn't talking via the app for the last couple of days. Sure there was a thread about that recently? - can anyone point me to it please 👍

Porsche Taycan 271 miles!  100% charged. What’s your range shown? Screenshot_20220620-074018_Chrome

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Where do I get that?
Either from the car - right tube (select and roll through the options to display trip then press to select what trip data or PCM screen - or from My Porsche where all trip data is stored / accessible. Easiest from My Porsche. Only the Total Trip is of interest.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

I can't show the current 'total figures' as the car isn't talking via the app for the last couple of days. Sure there was a thread about that recently? - can anyone point me to it please 👍

Screenshot_20220620-074018_Chrome.jpg
You should still be able to see either from the car (PCM / right tube as I've just described above) or the web / mobile app - not dependent on talking to the car. Tap the picture of your car and then scroll down to trip data.

Porsche Taycan 271 miles!  100% charged. What’s your range shown? Screenshot_20220620-094905_My Porsche

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

Screenshot_20220620-074018_Chrome.jpg
Disconnect 12v battery or pull the PCM fuse to reboot properly.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
You should still be able to see either from the car (PCM / right tube as I've just described above) or the web / mobile app - not dependent on talking to the car. Tap the picture of your car and then scroll down to trip data.

Screenshot_20220620-094905_My Porsche.jpg
I can get that, but the info hasn't updated since 14th June - although car used daily and all seems OK in the car - but Porsche can't seem to ping the car - hence both apps and Web based info are not up to date.

Tried resetting using privacy on/off in the car and reinstalling app - still no change through online routes since 14/06.

May try fuse option (below) if it doesn't 'self right' soon.

Sorry for hijacking thr thread.

Oink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+, M3P
Country flag
Pretty sure Porsche's toaster is down. Also no updates since saturday, and I've driven the car for a bit. It's at a workshop for a doording and can't track it to see if it's being worked on. :p

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I can get that, but the info hasn't updated since 14th June - although car used daily and all seems OK in the car - but Porsche can't seem to ping the car - hence both apps and Web based info are not up to date.

Tried resetting using privacy on/off in the car and reinstalling app - still no change through online routes since 14/06.

May try fuse option (below) if it doesn't 'self right' soon.

Sorry for hijacking thr thread.
It needs a hard reset - others on the forum took the advice recently and all their troubles (including connectivity) went away. Neither the app or privacy are the root cause.

Is your PVTS+ working - Vodafone (not Porsche) service - if not sure phone the SOC and they'll tell you if and when it last checked in?

I'm guessing you've tried the 2nd key fob trick too with a different Porsche Connect ID?

If your OTA module has been checked out then a hardware failure is not to blame either.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Pretty sure Porsche's toaster is down. Also no updates since saturday, and I've driven the car for a bit. It's at a workshop for a doording and can't track it to see if it's being worked on. :p
Mine's fine (so far) - all weekend and today. For days the app 'connected' icon has never shown as connected so I ignore as the data and functions are working.

The app is still as cr@p as it ever was!

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
It needs a hard reset - others on the forum took the advice recently and all their troubles (including connectivity) went away. Neither the app or privacy are the root cause.

Is your PVTS+ working - Vodafone (not Porsche) service - if not sure phone the SOC and they'll tell you if and when it last checked in?

I'm guessing you've tried the 2nd key fob trick too with a different Porsche Connect ID?

If your OTA module has been checked out then a hardware failure is not to blame either.
I don't have the PVTS+ option activated on my car W1NGE.

I just tried the 2nd keyfob. No change.

I assume the data side in the car (Vodafone) is ok, as I am getting the LTE symbol in the car and I listen to Internet radio all the time.

Everything is fine in the car.

It just seems that accessing the car info remotely - via the apps isn't possible since 14th June.

Sorry all for hijacking the thread once again!

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I don't have the PVTS+ option activated on my car W1NGE.

I just tried the 2nd keyfob. No change.

I assume the data side in the car (Vodafone) is ok, as I am getting the LTE symbol in the car and I listen to Internet radio all the time.

Everything is fine in the car.

It just seems that accessing the car info remotely - via the apps isn't possible since 14th June.

Sorry all for hijacking the thread once again!
No worries.

If you're getting internet radio, Apple Music, Apple Podcasts, Google Search and so on then the data side is functioning fine. But there is a separate LTE (phone) and OTA module which may / may not use the same communications path (I really don't know this area so only a guess) of which one may be flaky.

There could still be a myriad of other reasons why your car is 'stuck' and it may not be the car itself at the end of the day. A clean hard reset rather than a soft one would typically clear out any gremlins / blockages and achieved either by pulling the fuse or 12v disconnect. If the problem persists after that (and the LTE / OTA modules are fine) then it is more likely to be a Porsche ID / VIN issue which is in limbo on the Porsche servers. Have you raised a ticket with Porsche Tech Support to look at your account to reset / re-initialise?

Other suggestions before 'pulling the plug' would be to delete your Porsche ID from the PCM and reset the PCM. You will lose some comfort settings but will be able to login with your Porsche ID afresh which might clear down anything that has been cached and not cleared by a soft reboot.

Porsche Taycan 271 miles!  100% charged. What’s your range shown? 1655742158140

Reset to factory settings

Porsche Taycan 271 miles!  100% charged. What’s your range shown? 1655742224843

I've done the above last year for a similar issue and it was fairly painless.

PVTS+ would reduce your insurance premium and generally a good anti-theft measure.