First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 992 4s / Cayenne coupé e hybrid
Country flag
Hello everyone!
New to the forum and looking for advices and your opinions.
I'm currently the proud owner of 992 4S.
I have been lucky enough to have few tests drives in different taycan (4s,turbo and turbo s).
And I must say I absolutely love the tay.
Now the questions! Should i swap my 911 for one? Being on a taycan forum I imagine you ll all be buyest to the taycan haha.
I love the way it does drive, comfort when you want, and hooligan when you put your foot down, looks good but still prefer the look of my 911 that's at the moment the only thing stopping me.
Any of you made the switch? Any regrets?
I won't be buying a new one but a well spec low Miles.
Should I go for a more recent 22/23 4s or an older 20/21 turbo/turbo s ?
I'm concerned and wary of the possible software problems, heater etc etc.
Any info comments will be appreciated for what is really a first World problem when you think about it 911 or taycan!? Ha
Thanks
Sponsored

Sebbo

First Name
Sebastian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS Taycan 4S CLA 45S
Country flag
I’m getting a 911 C 4 GTS. It’s an amazing car to drive really nimble and fun, but, if it was between my Taycan GTS and the 911 it would be the taycan all day. It’s just so capable and gives you 90% of the 911 but way more space and the ride is just sublime and serene on the road. I actually think it turns heads more than the 911 too if that’s selling point for you. Whatever you decide, it’s a nice problem to have 😎

tomtom901

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD ST
Country flag
It depends, haha. Although I love my Taycan, I am sometimes thinking of making the switch to a 911, more of a bucketlist item. But the Taycan is more practical, cheaper to run both in maintenance as well as fuel/electricity costs.

Persuader

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s, Range Rover Sport, Jaguar F-Type, Renault Kangoo
Country flag
I have owned several 991's & 997's and had an early 992S in 2019.
I then changed to a Taycan 4S which I got in June 2020 and I have never looked back. In fact I still have it nearly 3 years & 26500 miles later which is the longest time I have ever owned a car. There is just nothing else on the market that appeals to me. The performance of the 4S is way more than even necessary, I just love the drive, performance, ride and handling. I've never had a major problem with it and have always taken it in for the latest software updates. I charge at home 99.9% of the time and I get 30-40 miles per £ of electricity (Octopus Go) and this coupled with performance equivalent to a 997 Turbo makes it very hard to go back.

Last edited:

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jag F-TypeR; Taycan4S; Turbo+992 (ordered)
Country flag
I’m getting a 911 C 4 GTS. It’s an amazing car to drive really nimble and fun, but, if it was between my Taycan GTS and the 911 it would be the taycan all day. It’s just so capable and gives you 90% of the 911 but way more space and the ride is just sublime and serene on the road. I actually think it turns heads more than the 911 too if that’s selling point for you. Whatever you decide, it’s a nice problem to have 😎
It’s funny as I am about to go the other way. My 992 4GTS slot has come through although I do agree I love my Taycan

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
A 911 is a thoroughbred sportscar.
A Taycan is a sporty familycar.
Also, it's electric vs petrol.
Totally different cars, totally different experience imho.
I really can't tell you as these things are very personal.
I had a 992 C4S but I really prefer the Taycan FWIW.

Bognar67

First Name
Janos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
T M3P 2019, Taycan GTS 2022, i4 40 MS 2024
Country flag
Switched from a 991.2 C4 daily to Taycan GTS daily. Maybe I loved a bit more the 911 but enjoy the Taycan more all together. The reason is that, driving Taycan slow/traffic/bad roads still a joy. Driving 911 on these conditions is a continuous "hold back" that is frustrating. Since roads are busier day by day all together the Taycan is a better choice as a daily. For occasional use the 911.

Now I rent a 911 GT3 from Porsche Experience, driving 6-8 days a year on different tracks roughly 2,5k km annual.
Porsche Taycan 911 to Taycan? IMG_5949
Porsche Taycan 911 to Taycan? Porsche Track Experience_Master_Spa_3C2306_2758_386345

Last edited:

Marmolata

First Name
RJS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Hello everyone!
I have been lucky enough to have few tests drives in different taycan (4s,turbo and turbo s).
Now the questions! Should i swap my 911 for one? Being on a taycan forum I imagine you ll all be buyest to the taycan haha.
I love the way it does drive, comfort when you want, and hooligan when you put your foot down, looks good but still prefer the look of my 911 that's at the moment the only thing stopping me.
Any info comments will be appreciated for what is really a first World problem when you think about it 911 or taycan!? Ha
Thanks
if you decide to switch, i would recommend 22/23 4s vs older turbo. you will get later part revisions which seems to make a difference versus the earlier models

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo, Eletre R (on order)
Country flag
Switched from a 991.2 C4 daily to Taycan GTS daily. Maybe I loved a bit more the 911 but enjoy the Taycan more all together. The reason is that, driving Taycan slow/traffic/bad roads still a joy. Driving 911 on these conditions is a continuous "hold back" that is frustrating. Since roads are busier day by day all together the Taycan is a better choice as a daily. For occasional use the 911.

Now I rent a 911 GT3 from Porsche Experience, driving 6-8 days a year on different tracks roughly 2,5k km annual.
IMG_5949.jpeg
Porsche Track Experience_Master_Spa_3C2306_2758_386345.jpeg
Nice. A GT3 Touring would be my idea of heaven 😅

TXAG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Welcome, @Ant18 ! I used Turo to rent a Taycan for a few days and was hooked. Perhaps you could hire one for a couple more days to take a most serious look?

I've met people at the track who swear they'll never go electric because they're absolutely hooked on engine response (sound, torque, acceleration, etc.) during spirited driving. It's not a big driver for me or several others on this Forum, obviously, but I mention it here for you to consider. Whatever choice you make will be right. Good luck and best wishes!

andix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991.1 S, Taycan Turbo (4/21), others
Country flag
I switched from 911S to a Taycan Turbo.
Very happy with the move, but you have to understand it is a somewhat different car.

The Taycan is very fast on public roads, silent, very comfortable and convenient (4 doors, 2 trunks etc.), but not really a sports car (it is definitely the most sporty of all EVs, of course)
I am also very happy with the quality – and mine was built during the pandemic and all these parts problems.

It won't really do track days. Taycan is also very wide, with on some roads is a limitation.

It depends on what you want.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ant18

Ant18

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 992 4s / Cayenne coupé e hybrid
Country flag
Thank you all for your replies! Yeah it does sound like a move to a tycan is coming. After having had a taycan 4s for nearly 5 days while my 911 was getting a service I must say I kind of miss it.
I guess it is gone be a matter of finding the right one next.Worry that if go for a more recent 4s vs a slight older turbo/turbo s I'll be kicking myself after few months ( maybe days lol) for not going with the faster option. I know the 4s is plenty fast enough but come on that kick you get in the turbo is something else. Anyway thanks again guys

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Hello everyone!
Thanks
Here is my view:

If you need a Taycan (for practicality) a 911 will never do. If you want a 911, a Taycan will never do.

If you want a Taycan but own a 911, always keep in my that it never replace the 911….but many will find it to be an acceptable compromise.
Sponsored