chylld

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
Why not just turn off interior monitoring? Problem solved.
Because it turns itself back on. And if you open the door before turning off the car, you don’t get the prompt and have to double lock the car. And sometimes you forget to double lock the car. And if you remember, sometimes it still doesn’t work.
/end thread summary

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Because it turns itself back on. And if you open the door before turning off the car, you don’t get the prompt and have to double lock the car. And sometimes you forget to double lock the car. And if you remember, sometimes it still doesn’t work.
/end thread summary
Exactly.
If you open the door too fast, you don't get message on the screen, where you can disable interior monitoring.
Also, somehow, I feel (at least a little) stupid, when I'm sliding the door, twice, to get double blink... :rolleyes:

neilj007

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Macan, Renault Zoe
Country flag
Looks like Porsche have a fix...just been contacted by my OPC to say Porsche have requested they call back all cars in with the fault to replace the central control unit

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
/end thread summary
No it doesn’t. Go into the settings menu and shut off interior monitoring. If you do that, there’s no need to worry about the prompt or the need to double click.

chylld

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
No it doesn’t. Go into the settings menu and shut off interior monitoring. If you do that, there’s no need to worry about the prompt or the need to double click.
In my car (and several others, if you read this thread) after you shut off interior monitoring, it turns itself back on the next time you start the car.

nikc

First Name
Nik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo
Country flag
But in the middle of a global supply chain crisis, maybe just RTFM and shut it off until the dealer has the parts to make the repair.
That's not the problem.

The problem has been the miscommunication from Porsche about this and other issues.

In these threads we've seen owners report feedback from dealers that's been contradictory, and with no clarity as to what the cause is, and most importantly, when each owner can expect to see it fixed.

My dealership, for example, went from "this isn't a problem", "this is a problem, but we don't have a fix", "we do have a fix, we don't have the parts" depending on who at the dealership I was talking to.

Porsche have known about the interior alarm problem since September last year. I bought mine in December - at no point did the sales guy tell me "Just so you know, there's a known problem with the interior alarm, you need to disable it, we anticipate a fix in X weeks".

It's terrible customer service, and it craps all over the brand.

Look at the PCM 6 threads for another example of all the confusion around which MY will get it, whether it will be OTA or not, when it will happen, and so on.

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC AT4X, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
Ohio dealer had the fix; so fix is here in USA.

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
In my car (and several others, if you read this thread) after you shut off interior monitoring, it turns itself back on the next time you start the car.
When you say turn it off, do you mean you uncheck the box when you get the prompt after shutting down the car? Or do you mean you actually went into the settings menus and turned off interior monitoring?

The former only turns off until you restart. The latter should turn it off permanently until you go in and reactivate it.

chylld

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
When you say turn it off, do you mean you uncheck the box when you get the prompt after shutting down the car? Or do you mean you actually went into the settings menus and turned off interior monitoring?
The latter.
Thank you for trying to help, but the Band-Aid solutions have been discussed at length already and are moot now that the factory has announced an official fix.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
I second that.

Sparky

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CT 4
Country flag

The former only turns off until you restart. The latter should turn it off permanently until you go in and reactivate it.
Unfortunately on my CT4, the settings in the PCM are not sticky and will turn back on after the PCM wakes up. I have disciplined myself to check the PCM dialogue box in the shutdown warning screen before getting out of the car. By doing that I have avoid the false alarms.

Reactions: B61

Vfr750Rouge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4 / Cayenne / Jeep Wrangler Willys
Country flag
My dealer has finally ordered the internal sensor module to be replaced - ETA 7 to 10 days - Then will see if that fix the Alarm!
Interior dash trim miss aligned arrived as well and will be replace at the same time.
Hoping it will solve my 2 issues with CT4.
Sponsored