Leawood CT

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT
Country flag
I sold my 2015 V8 Vantage recently. I actually do think that car had some soul, or emotional reaction (sorry @Archimedes). Sadly, some days that car's soul was kind of an ahole though. Anyways, the car made a hell of a racket, especially on startup, and that always caused a positive emotional response, although the neighbors hated it. The Taycan does not do that via its noise, but does do other things that cause positive emotional reaction, e.g. the acceleration never gets old. @RingoDingo is right, I bet the Macan is a heck of a grocery getter. Probably kills it at the mulch pickup at Hope Depot in the Spring too.
Porsche Taycan Anyone bored of EV? IMG_3559.JPG

4SJB

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCT Mini Cooper S Audi A4 3.0 TDI
Country flag
I have had a Macan S and a Macan T as loaners over the last 9 months.
The S was quick for a lump on stilts and the T was very interesting above 4k revs, it also handles with more subtlety.
However both were seriously boring next to my 4S.
And the mishmash of LED readouts in the last century interior on each is inexcusable.
Having just completed another Porsche experience day, this time in a CT4S, ahead of my hopefully soon delivery, I just do not understand why you are bored.
The Macan is a club hammer in comparison to the Taycan scalpel. Slower, uglier and so much less fun to drive. Are you sure you are not comparing a Tesla to the Macan?

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT4S, Kia Telluride EX, Tesla Model Y
Country flag
I switched to EV with Tesla Model 3 and Model X. Then after about 4 years of ownership, I switched to the Taycan and the Etron. While both are amazing EVs to drive, I was given a Macan loaner for when my Taycan was in service, and I had so much fun with the SUV because of the engine/transmission characteristics. Taycan is undoubtedly faster than the Macan, but the sound of that engine roaring and you feel the transmission upshifting made it feel fast. I miss the little things like when you feel the down shift, or when you can pop it into manual, or even the fact that the car's transmission is nowhere near as smooth as EV. If it wasn't for the insane gas prices, I think I would rather go back to petrol and just get a 911.

Don't get me wrong, I still love my Taycan and for an EV, it is arguably the best to drive. Though, sometimes I just miss the crackles and pops of an engine.
Buy a second ICE you can drive for fun on weekends. That's what I plan to do.

caslca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TTS
Country flag
Absolutely 0 regrets here from fun perspective. Reliability is a different story though.

I currently have a base Cayenne loaner. I honestly cannot believe this car is sold under the Porsche name. Sounds horrible, holds 2nd gear for hours for round-town driving, interior is as cheap as a GMC loaner (hard plastics, no heated seats, no heated steering, no auto lights, no auto-dimming mirrors), awful rear camera.

My wife's X7 though is a different ballgame completely. Looks and plays the part extremely well for a good chunk less than the Cayenne. It still isn't the same level of fun as the taycan for me.

Cannot wait to get my taycan back from service...

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
I have Taycan which I do enjoy but it bothers me having a $100k+ car that I miles between charges. And now Porsche has doubled my charge time with the fix. The public charging infrastructure is poor and not improving at a rate that will support the desired conversion to ev.
Buy an aftermarket home charger. Toss it on while you sleep and have it fully charged every morning. I never use the Porsche Charger.

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
Modern ICE cars are boring. There are other solutions…

This is our only non-EV right now. 🇮🇹🏍
[image of Italian bike removed]
Between this and your Alfa, you seem to enjoy taking a risk on "immobility" 😁.

Porsche and Ducati is like Milk and Cookies
You mean like "one crumbles, and the other washes the mess away"? Or like "they work together, because one doesn't work by itself"?

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
I currently have a base Cayenne loaner. I honestly cannot believe this car is sold under the Porsche name. [...]

My wife's X7 though is a different ballgame completely. Looks and plays the part extremely well for a good chunk less than the Cayenne.
A loaner is a 'cost' for the dealership, so it'd be as standard spec as it can be. I'm surprised it doesn't have automatic headlights. Having said that, the base model is 5k cheaper than the base X7. Are you comparing equal trims? Setting aside the looks of X7, for which I would honestly pay extra to avoid.

WRC_1S

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan RWD, 1969 911t
Country flag
I'm not bored of the Taycan. It's my first EV and it won't be my last. It's a fun daily driver. It's fun to blast about in and also to take my youngest to cricket practice and my oldest to where ever she's wanting to go. There's enough about it to keep it interesting as my daily fun car.

I'm restoring a 1969 911t. I don't subscribe to soul. I'm in the camp of nothing has s soul (an argument for another day). But having restored lots of cars I would say they have character. Quirks unique to each car. My 911 already has quirks and its a rolling shell!! My Taycan doesn't seem to have character. But I didn't expect it too. It shiny and brand new. I didn't get it thinking it would be anything like my older cars. Still good fun though. I'm enjoying my first EV.

kmcdonal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan 350Z, Subaru WRX
Country flag
Last year I went to the Porsche Experience Center and drove a 911 Turbo S and a Taycan Turbo S back to back. The 911 Turbo S was very fun, but at low speeds it was laggy compared to the Taycan. It would be hard for me to go back to an ICE car.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
You.. were jealous of a Macan? I owned a Macan for years, that's a strange one to me.

Every time you punch it with that EV power, nah, no boredom. I use the torque way more than I got to enjoy the sound.
Sponsored

Reactions: B61