W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I signed up for the data plan on my Porsche and then the apple login just worked. Reading the description of the data plan it explicitly mentions for Apple Music, Apple Podcasts and WiFi-hotspot.
There is no correlation here - coincidence only - Porsche sell the car with Apple Music as standard with no pre-requisites or dependencies for additional data services which are intended for other purposes.

It is a pre-requisite if you want to turn your car into a wifi hotspot for other non-cellular devices e.g. gaming consoles, laptops, streaming (Porsche In-Car Rear Entertainment) if you don't want to offer precisely the same service via your mobile phone's hotspot (same thing).

Have you tried disabling your data package or not renewing for a month to see what happens to Apple Music?

The only Porsche Connect service that I don't have is the data package and I have no issues with my Apple Music / Apple Podcast (I don't use Carplay as I'm an Android phone user nor do I use bluetooth to stream Apple Music to the PCM) and to be honest have no need to create a PCM based wifi hotspot. Use case for this is very limited. I'm 99.9% confident that most owners are in the same boat and have no needed for the additional expense.
Sponsored

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
I signed up for the data plan on my Porsche and then the apple login just worked. Reading the description of the data plan it explicitly mentions for Apple Music, Apple Podcasts and WiFi-hotspot.
Can you show where this is stated. That Apple Music and Apple Podcast require the data plan. That is certainly not the case for me. I have Apple Music just fine without any data plan. Works just fine with the cars normal LTE connection. Perhaps Porsche changed this for MY 2022??

The data plan is extremely bad value for money here. Only usable to share internet access for users of phones or tablets in the car. Very expensive and very low data allowance. Total waste. Much better to get a separate dongle and place that in the car so any user can use that connection if needed.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Can you show where this is stated. That Apple Music and Apple Podcast require the data plan. That is certainly not the case for me. I have Apple Music just fine without any data plan. Works just fine with the cars normal LTE connection. Perhaps Porsche changed this for MY 2022??

The data plan is extremely bad value for money here. Only usable to share internet access for users of phones or tablets in the car. Very expensive and very low data allowance. Total waste. Much better to get a separate dongle and place that in the car so any user can use that connection if needed.
As I mentioned earlier it is not stated / mandatory - simply a generic "oh you could use the expensive data plan for ....".

I think Porsche may have reworded this Connect Service in some regions realising (finally) that they were in danger of misrepresenting the intended purpose or use (there are people on this forum who were duped in this way and signed up for it).

Reference is made to 'find the perfect music" i.e. music which isn't available on Apple Music

Porsche Taycan Apple Music Login Issue 1642601239621

I have unlimited data on my phone for less than the miserly 7GB offered per month.

PorscheCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan turbo CT
Country flag
OP
OP

daned

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan Mercedes AMG GTS Edition 1
Country flag
Well somehow it seems its area wise as after reading the last few posts I decided to activate the Verizon data connection and within 10 minutes of activation Apple Music started working and Online internet Radio started working too. This makes me wonder if service is required as for the last 3 months I could not get Apple Music to work at all and within seconds of doing this it worked.
Wonder now if I cancel service what would happen as if it only required that to activate service but will wait to cancel as something else might break.
So for those who are having same issue activating Verizon Wireless did the trick for me.

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC AT4X, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
This is the wording on the data connection option:

Porsche Taycan Apple Music Login Issue D2EDE5D5-2E66-4B18-BC60-C9CE0F8DE38A

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Well somehow it seems its area wise as after reading the last few posts I decided to activate the Verizon data connection and within 10 minutes of activation Apple Music started working and Online internet Radio started working too. This makes me wonder if service is required as for the last 3 months I could not get Apple Music to work at all and within seconds of doing this it worked.
Wonder now if I cancel service what would happen as if it only required that to activate service but will wait to cancel as something else might break.
So for those who are having same issue activating Verizon Wireless did the trick for me.
I mentioned earlier in this thread that that is coincidental but perhaps in US there is something more at play than at first realised. Perhaps Verizon provides the standard LTE car stuff as well as the additional data service - there were issues early on with Porsche / Verizon in US and not clear if this was commercially related or otherwise. It could also be a 'fault' that is blocking theses ports if the common denominator is Verizon.

I guess the question to ask is if there are US (primarily) forum members who don't have the data package and don't have problems with their Apple Music what LTE service is their car connecting to (can be determined from the PCM)?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
This is the wording on the data connection option:

D2EDE5D5-2E66-4B18-BC60-C9CE0F8DE38A.png
Crucially it states "can be used..." not a requirement or pre-requisite which would be aligned with everything known and understood to this point in all regions.

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Crucially it states "can be used..." not a requirement or pre-requisite which would be aligned with everything known and understood to this point in all regions.
The registration error says to check data connectivity. The trick will be to see if it stops if I disable it again - unfortunately it will be 30 days until I know because it’s a minimum one month contract.

Porsche Taycan Apple Music Login Issue E5D68F2B-8AFC-4764-B0FB-0EC38D177C18

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Btw, other functions (OTA update, weather etc) were working without this data plan - only issue was Apple Music login. So I know the onboard data plan was functional.

OP
OP

daned

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The registration error says to check data connectivity. The trick will be to see if it stops if I disable it again - unfortunately it will be 30 days until I know because it’s a minimum one month contract.

E5D68F2B-8AFC-4764-B0FB-0EC38D177C18.jpeg
How long before you were able to see this in your ,y Porsche account, as when I activated it it showed be the 10 minute activation thing but after activation its not showing up anywhere where I can view or cancel as just did it this morning.
For me it was same all other functions (OTA update, weather etc) were working without this data plan, once I activated the data plan as you mentioned earlier Apple Music login. just worked within seconds.
Guess yes now we need to know if this plan is required in the states? or was it just that initial activation was a hiccup due to no proper service.

OP
OP

daned

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

E5D68F2B-8AFC-4764-B0FB-0EC38D177C18.jpeg
Where do you get to see my orders under my Porsche? as can't see the In-car Wi-Fi Hotspot under connected services

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Btw, other functions (OTA update, weather etc) were working without this data plan - only issue was Apple Music login. So I know the onboard data plan was functional.
Yeah that would make sense. I just read the Connect Services blurb (UK) and nowhere does it state the optional data package being required for any of the services (including Apple Music) which again is aligned to my understanding.

The Porsche Connect Good To Know PDF is updated as 08/21 and now includes Android Auto (cable) - i must try this to see if it is for MY22+ only. For Apple Music (and for Connect services) it just states generically a data connection is required (i.e. don't be off grid when attempting to use).

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Yeah that would make sense. I just read the Connect Services blurb (UK) and nowhere does it state the optional data package being required for any of the services (including Apple Music) which again is aligned to my understanding.

The Porsche Connect Good To Know PDF is updated as 08/21 and now includes Android Auto (cable) - i must try this to see if it is for MY22+ only. For Apple Music (and for Connect services) it just states generically a data connection is required (i.e. don't be off grid when attempting to use).
It seems indeed that it is dependent on where you buy your car in Wht region and country. I was intrigued that the experience was so different and found this stated for internet radio on the US Porsche site. It is not totally clear for Apple Music though. But for internet radio it seems clear you need the data package. Maybe that has been extended to Apple Music etc as well???

Porsche Taycan Apple Music Login Issue E893C105-CEDB-4E60-88A0-A48D29F11CE1

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
It seems indeed that it is dependent on where you buy your car in Wht region and country. I was intrigued that the experience was so different and found this stated for internet radio on the US Porsche site. It is not totally clear for Apple Music though. But for internet radio it seems clear you need the data package. Maybe that has been extended to Apple Music etc as well???

E893C105-CEDB-4E60-88A0-A48D29F11CE1.jpeg
The plot thickens - the same page in UK doesn't say that. Something has changed in the last 18 months (for the worse) I fear. As you point out - Apple Music no mention.