Automatic locking feature?

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Is the car supposed to lock when you walk away with the key? I thought I've seen that mentioned somewhere. It isn't working in my car...
Sponsored

robborover

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan 4s & Cayenne S
Country flag
Is the car supposed to lock when you walk away with the key? I thought I've seen that mentioned somewhere. It isn't working in my car...
If you specify "Comort Access" (in the UK anyway) you get this - "
Access to the car and locking without active use of the key, including contactless opening and closing of the rear hatch by foot gesture as well as contactless unlocking of the bonnet by hand gesture.

Note: Comfort Access uses state-of-the-art technology. However, it cannot be completely ruled out that the key’s wireless encryption code is intercepted and used to open or steal the vehicle"

MissionC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
It doesn’t support walk-away locking. You can keep your key in your pocket and touch the indentation on the door handle to get it to lock.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
Is this still the case? You cannot walk away and it automatically locks once the key fob is a certain distance from the car? I could have sworn that I read it will do that, but have not had success making it work.

TycanNewHampshire

First Name
TG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tycan 4S
Country flag
It doesn't work that way for mine at least in the US and I have comfort access enabled.

For me this is perfectly fine, otherwise, I would have to be sure I grab my key if I forget something in the car (like the phone in the wireless charger......every time!) while it is in the garage.

Although, I can see the benefit to this if you park in a public space and forget to click-the-fob, or tap-the-knob ;)

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Is this still the case? You cannot walk away and it automatically locks once the key fob is a certain distance from the car? I could have sworn that I read it will do that, but have not had success making it work.
My dealer confirmed. Unfortunately, you can not walk away... and I left my car unlocked several times since I was used to from before.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
My dealer confirmed. Unfortunately, you can not walk away... and I left my car unlocked several times since I was used to from before.
my car must be unique because it will lock itself

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
my car must be unique because it will lock itself
I don't know... I haven't found any settings for that (have comfort access, unlocking works), also my dealer told me that such feature doesn't exists....so, if you have any hints.... don't wait :idea:

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
I don't know... I haven't found any settings for that (have comfort access, unlocking works), also my dealer told me that such feature doesn't exists....so, if you have any hints.... don't wait :idea:
go through the settings, start with locking. it is there somewhere

Reactions: B61

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Been there, done that... nothing found.... but I'll try again.

Charlie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Been there, done that... nothing found.... but I'll try again.
I think if you turn the car off by pushing the power button turn the car off before leaving and have the comfort access activated it will lock itself after leaving the car. Try that technique when you get a chance.

Reactions: B61

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
I tried that yesterday... waited few minutes, nothing happened.
Maybe I was too close to the car (about 10, 15m), I'll try today when I'll come home...

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
Ok this sort of happened by accident last night doing the car shuffle in my driveway. MY21 RWD is my car.

The car was in the driveway charging and locked. Every time I walked by, the mirrors opened and the driver door handle (what I have selected in the PCM) presented itself. As I was moving the cars around. I would see my Taycan lights flash and hear the tone and the car automatically locked (mirrors would not close on the auto-lock and I read somewhere that would be the case).

So there is an auto-locking when the fob moves away from the car. However, my car was off (other than charging).

Today I went to the post office (to drops some mail) and got out (did not hit power button nor fob lock button (I could see my car so not theft issue)) left it running and got out and walked away. The car did not shut off nor did it lock.

HelfFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Ok this sort of happened by accident last night doing the car shuffle in my driveway. MY21 RWD is my car.

The car was in the driveway charging and locked. Every time I walked by, the mirrors opened and the driver door handle (what I have selected in the PCM) presented itself. As I was moving the cars around. I would see my Taycan lights flash and hear the tone and the car automatically locked (mirrors would not close on the auto-lock and I read somewhere that would be the case).

So there is an auto-locking when the fob moves away from the car. However, my car was off (other than charging).

Today I went to the post office (to drops some mail) and got out (did not hit power button nor fob lock button (I could see my car so not theft issue)) left it running and got out and walked away. The car did not shut off nor did it lock.
I can confirm similar phenomenon. My MY20 Turbo definitely does NOT lock automatically after exiting car. But, if my car is locked and I subsequently walk near the car with the fob, the Comfort Access will open mirrors and door handles. BUT, if I don't physically open the door, the car will re-lock itself. So if the car was locked and fob unlocks car but door isn't opened, it will assume car should be re-locked by itself. That's the only situation that I've seen where the doors will lock automatically.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Interesting.
so, that’s might be a workaround…. Lock the car, go few meters away, then come back (it will unlock automaticaly), and walk away again (and it will lock)…
strange, but i’ll give it a try.

btw: just checked if it locked automaticaly after I came home (four hours ago) and left it opened. It was still unlocked. So looks that @kort has unique edition ;)
Sponsored

Last edited: