Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
2+1 is excellent for utility of the vehicle.
  1. For the occasional 5th passenger.
  2. For the easy fold down seat to allow rear passenger to get and store things in trunk while car is in motion or store purse without being seen in a parking lot.
  3. And to carry long things without compromising a 4 seater. Like an 8ft 4x4 on that occasional Home Depot run. I know there is skis and golf, but I don't do those.
IMG_20201221_154359.jpg
IMG_20201221_160116.jpg
OK, I agree with you potentially on the skis, BUT, I do Home Depot runs probably 50-100x/year and I have yet to do a run with 4 people in the car...:CWL:

MWarsaw

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
What do think about back seats. 2 +1 optional?

pro and cons

usability, aesthetics. Etc
I wish I got the 2+1 seat. I thought the center headrest would obscure the view and be a problem, but you can‘t see much through there anyway.
The big deal is, with the 2+1 seat, you get a center 20% fold down seat that’s great for ski’s or other tall thin items. In the standard rear seat it’s just 60/40 split fold down
I would get it.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I wish I got the 2+1 seat. I thought the center headrest would obscure the view and be a problem, but you can‘t see much through there anyway.
The big deal is, with the 2+1 seat, you get a center 20% fold down seat that’s great for ski’s or other tall thin items. In the standard rear seat it’s just 60/40 split fold down
I would get it.
OK, not to be too much of a stickler here, but can you give me a reasonably probable situation where you'd have 4 people in the car and need to stick something (4 sets of skis??) through the center 20%? I don't ever have a situation where I'm heading to Home Depot with 4 people in the car - ha ha. I find the 60/40 works great in every situation where I'd want to be carrying 'cargo' that needed to extend through the back setbacks.

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
OK, not to be too much of a stickler here, but can you give me a reasonably probable situation where you'd have 4 people in the car and need to stick something (4 sets of skis??) through the center 20%? I don't ever have a situation where I'm heading to Home Depot with 4 people in the car - ha ha. I find the 60/40 works great in every situation where I'd want to be carrying 'cargo' that needed to extend through the back setbacks.
I've been in the situation with two kids in the back seat and used the center pass through with my 2+1 config

MWarsaw

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Sometimes, it’s nice not to open the whole back to the trunk, or even one side. The 20% keeps the opening to a minimum where other things can’t slide from the trunk into the passenger space. I‘s just extra convenience. But I don‘t think its a huge deal either way. It’s a pretty cheap option for the functionality though.

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Sometimes, it’s nice not to open the whole back to the trunk, or even one side. The 20% keeps the opening to a minimum where other things can’t slide from the trunk into the passenger space. I‘s just extra convenience. But I don‘t think its a huge deal either way. It’s a pretty cheap option for the functionality though.
We are usually a family of three and that two plus one allows my son to store the wipes purse in the trunk without it being visible and without dropping a whole seat section. Also allows easy access to the trunk for rear passengers to grab snacks or whatever you may store back there out of the way.
And for that occasional airport run where you might need to bring five people.
All of those were reasons that I picked that option.

JC Mann

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayman S, Tesla Model S
Country flag
We are usually a family of three and that two plus one allows my son to store the wipes purse in the trunk without it being visible and without dropping a whole seat section. Also allows easy access to the trunk for rear passengers to grab snacks or whatever you may store back there out of the way.
And for that occasional airport run where you might need to bring five people.
All of those were reasons that I picked that option.
Ski package costs half as much, has no third seatbelt, no headrest, but still gives you 40/20/40 back seat and retains the small tray bottom.

Dynasty929

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Mine doesn’t have this option thou as there was not enough room for an adult, and I would prefer the passengers sitting comfortable at the back.

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
I will be joining the "two childseat in the back"-club pretty soon, so there will be times with three people uncomfortably seated in the back. Looking forward to it...

faroutinNM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan Turbo, '05 MINI Cooper S
Country flag
I will be joining the "two childseat in the back"-club pretty soon, so there will be times with three people uncomfortably seated in the back. Looking forward to it...
Congratulations on your growing passenger list.

Gubbjaevel

First Name
F
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TaycanT'20
Country flag
"Cut the D or cut the P". Easy.
Congaz on the +1 :)

Dan1210

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo.
Country flag
Sorry to revive an old post but my dealer reckons if i dont have this option it will take £2k of the residuals, i dont really want it as i think it looks better without but i wouldnt want to hurt potential resale...

proficient_mathematician

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Sorry to revive an old post but my dealer reckons if i dont have this option it will take £2k of the residuals, i dont really want it as i think it looks better without but i wouldnt want to hurt potential resale...
I get that line of reasoning, but I tend to try to think that I’m buying the car for myself and not for the next owner. Besides, who knows what might influence resale values down the line with the volatile supply chain issues still lingering…
Sponsored