bordeaux red interiors

HawkBlitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5, BMW M2
Country flag
The porsche configurator tool shows the bordeaux red interior to be much brighter than what I have seen on the 911 models. Is it really that bright in real? Attached picture of bordeaux red on 911 from configurator tool.
Porsche Taycan bordeaux red interiors Bordeaux
Sponsored

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
The porsche configurator tool shows the bordeaux red interior to be much brighter than what I have seen on the 911 models. Is it really that bright in real? Attached picture of bordeaux red on 911 from configurator tool.
Bordeaux.png
Nope :) - I made this comment on one of the threads here before; for ref I was coming from an Amaro brown interior in my M4 so quite a shift!

Here are some shots of mine but really quite hard to capture - some of these shots poss. too flat but closer I think than many that tend to emphasize an 'over-exposed' look. I was quite nervous of choosing this but very happy I did in the end:

Porsche Taycan bordeaux red interiors IMG_4670

Porsche Taycan bordeaux red interiors IMG_4851

Porsche Taycan bordeaux red interiors IMG_4731

DANgerous

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Bordeaux.png
I have the bordeaux red, and yes... it is as red as that picture. It also looks great in my opinion, I'm very happy with it. I also got the contrasting leather stitching, and went for a brighter red for the stitching, which enhances it even more. Whilst the effect is subtle on the seats, it's really nice on the dashboard and doors etc.

Below is a picture of mine. Note that this is in an enclosed car park with no sunlight, the light shining on the seat are from the car park lighting system which I'd say is normal brightness (as opposed to it being a dark carpark).

Hope this helps!

Porsche Taycan bordeaux red interiors IMG_0200

bah1590

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4
Country flag
I also have the red Bordeaux interior and I would classify it as a deep rich red not bright. Never had a red interior but I love it. I was worried but the contrast with the black is perfect imho. Really happy.

theIO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
840D GC
Country flag
Very useful info and pics! The garage here had a taycan with bordeaux red leather and as everyone said, it's quite deep, not a bright red at all. Personally I'm still unsure of the colour combo for my order (4S ST): dolomite silver / bordeaux red or carmine red / black ?

zzy45

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
When playing with the configuration, sometime it is worthwhile to change the background to turnoff the artificial setting light to look at the intended color.

zzy45

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Very useful info and pics! The garage here had a taycan with bordeaux red leather and as everyone said, it's quite deep, not a bright red at all. Personally I'm still unsure of the colour combo for my order (4S ST): dolomite silver / bordeaux red or carmine red / black ?
both color combo would look great, but if you are able to go red exterior, then go carmine red; much more interesting color, and one doesn’t get to see beautiful red car on the road that often.

mine will be my daily work horse and driven to job site, don’t wanna be too conspicuous in terms of the color. But if someday I get a weekday car (911 of course), I will definitely pick a interesting color instead

theIO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
840D GC
Country flag
Thanks! I agree there needs to be more colours on the road ! It's a tough choice.. either way something will be red :)

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Bordeaux.png
I find it too red for my taste in real life (you should go and see physical samples / examples before committing).

If it looked like the photo I would definitely consider it but in reality is very different.

Most photos show it as being quite garish due to reds being oversaturated in most cameras (without being adjusted).

Bognar67

First Name
Janos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
T M3P 2019, Taycan GTS 2022, i4 40 MS 2024
Country flag
Connected to the previous comment, it is a color that can be evaluated only personally.

Most photos and images are faulty because of over saturation.
In combination with lot of black contrast on Taycan (dash, door, seat backs etc.) it is just fine as a balance.
On 911s it is maybe too much compare to black contrast, over the edge.
These are the closest on photos/real life I found.
Porsche Taycan bordeaux red interiors IMG_2793.JPG
Porsche Taycan bordeaux red interiors IMG_2792.JPG