BOSE Delays

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
If it was a deal-breaker I'd be very cautious of accepting the car with a promise of a later refit - given the history of the electric steering column. Where Porsche told people they'd refit it – and then later said they would not – after car's were accepted.
Or perhaps get it in writing that if they don't retrofit by some date, they will pay whatever the price is to put in an comparable aftermarket system. Maybe be hold back some money from the purchase, due when retrofit happens before some date (they hold back features, seems reasonable customer holds back money, "retrofit the payment" if you will).
Sponsored

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Why spec Bose (or Burmester) in the first place then?
Perhaps to have an all OEM solution avoiding a headache of aftermarket installation, separate warranty service (for your playback go to Porsche, for amplifier go to aftermarket guy) and possible blame games (aftermarket amplifier used by Porsche as an excuse for PCM issues for example).

NuJerzPorsche

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Of course the car is locking up in a couple days then this is the news. That base audio is TERRIBLE. Wouldn’t wish that on my worst enemy lol

masmole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, A6 Allroad, GT3
Country flag
My order locked on Sep 17, but estimated start of production is not until Oct 21, so I’ll be refreshing TYD with fingers crossed until it actually starts production praying that the Bose doesn’t disappear from my configuration. I‘m afraid I’ll never be ready to drop this much money on a car that has such a crappy audio system. I‘ve heard the base audio system on a test drive of a CT4 and it was so impressively sh1tty that I was shocked Porsche would even offer it on one of their higher end models. I think the base stereo on my GT3 might actually sound better, and that was notably awful, but rightfully so because at least the real audio system in that car was the screaming flat6. No such consolation for the Taycan. Need Bose at the bare minimum.

tomdfw1

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Lamborghini Huracan Performante Spyder
Country flag
I ordered the Premium Package which had the Bose package included, sadly. Seems like they're forced to remove the Bose option and downgrade only the sound system to the standard one, while keeping all the other Premium Package options.

I'll update this thread if my dealer lets me know anything new.
Bose systems sounds SOO good in Taycan...So much better than in my Cayenne and don't even compare to Macan. I LOVE my Bose in my Taycan. I would not accept the car with base system.

Rik_CT4s

First Name
Rik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S Cross Turismo MY22
Country flag
Dealer reached out to me to state that they had to remove the BOSE sound system from my build (past freeze point date). Anyone have any info about how long delays might be for?

News side-swept me since I care about audio quality and was looking forward to it.
Do we actually have an option to opt out should a crucial option like this Bose system not be delivered? Do we have a choice as customers to not accept the signed order due to such changes?

I find this to be a very important option and would not want to have the taycan without. I have a build date in November (freeze point Oct). Taycan cross 4s.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Do we actually have an option to opt out should a crucial option like this Bose system not be delivered? Do we have a choice as customers to not accept the signed order due to such changes?

I find this to be a very important option and would not want to have the taycan without. I have a build date in November (freeze point Oct). Taycan cross 4s.
I don't think there is a clear answer and each country / region will have different rules.

Manufacturers generally own the right to make changes to specifications as and when (it will be in the small print of any order documentation) and now pre-empted on the configurator with the following:

Porsche Taycan BOSE Delays 1664351471084

I would also expect the seller / dealer to bring these to your attention also (if not and you are blissfully unaware of changes then you'd be on a firmer footing).

Not sure if this is a classic case of 'buyer beware' (caveat emptor) but Porsche are making it 'clearer' that specifications whether standard or not can and will likely change.

As long as there is a form of compensation or remediation then I don't think you'll have a cast iron position. You can usually just walk away and forgo your deposit if it comes to it but there are plenty of other customers who 'need' a car and will simply compromise whilst you join the back of the queue.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
For sure in the EU - the goods have to be “as described” at the time of ordering. You can walk away with zero obligations if they aren’t. Be surprised if those consumer laws weren’t grandfathered in during Brexit for UK.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Ouch, there’s no way I’m paying over 100k for a car with a basic standard sound system. Sadly though if I cancel the order nobody at Porsche’s end will care based on the volume of back orders
The standard system is
"Sound Package Plus with 10 Speakers and a total output of 150 watts"

G7SUM

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST 2023
Country flag
I don't think there is a clear answer and each country / region will have different rules.

Manufacturers generally own the right to make changes to specifications as and when (it will be in the small print of any order documentation) and now pre-empted on the configurator with the following:

1664351471084.png

I would also expect the seller / dealer to bring these to your attention also (if not and you are blissfully unaware of changes then you'd be on a firmer footing).

Not sure if this is a classic case of 'buyer beware' (caveat emptor) but Porsche are making it 'clearer' that specifications whether standard or not can and will likely change.

As long as there is a form of compensation or remediation then I don't think you'll have a cast iron position. You can usually just walk away and forgo your deposit if it comes to it but there are plenty of other customers who 'need' a car and will simply compromise whilst you join the back of the queue.

Fortunately, my car is still so far away I doubt this will be an issue. Like many have commented, this would be a deal breaker for me. the first Taycan 4s I took on a test drive had the standard stereo and its dreadful. 1980's Sanyo Ghetto Blaster awful!

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Looks like our GTS will be worthless used 🤣
we didn’t spec Bose, listening to music is way down on our list of priorities when buying a car.
I am a music lover who listens to music at home in a dedicated listening room through equipment that cost more than the Taycan and I also ended up with standard audio on my CT 4S to reduce delay :)

A car is a crap environment for sound with a wide frequency range and high dynamic range (I know most people don't listen to such music though) I usually switch audio off in my car anyway :) though I had rather hoped that the quietness of the Taycan may make hearing quiet bits possible!

My CT 4S will be worthless anyway, no glass roof and purple interior!

G7SUM

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST 2023
Country flag
I am a music lover who listens to music at home in a dedicated listening room through equipment that cost more than the Taycan and I also ended up with standard audio on my CT 4S to reduce delay :)

A car is a crap environment for sound with a wide frequency range and high dynamic range (I know most people don't listen to such music though) I usually switch audio off in my car anyway :) though I had rather hoped that the quietness of the Taycan may make hearing quiet bits possible!

My CT 4S will be worthless anyway, no glass roof and purple interior!
What do you have at home out of curiosity? I have a full Linn set up after many years (and 14 boxes at one point) on the Naim upgrade path.
Sponsored