BOSE System Surprised me!

e92er

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Posting this because I just figured this out and thought maybe someone else needs to see it! I got my car almost 3 months ago and almost immediately, I hated the BOSE system. It sounded flat with little bass using Apple Music through Carplay. I drive by a well known stereo shop on my way home everyday and everyday I've considered pulling in and getting them to check it out for options. But I know me. If I get them to look at it, I'll get an estimate, and then a week later I'll pull the trigger. I've held off for now but the call has been getting louder.
Anyways, I was playing with it the other day and found that when I press the BOSE button, everything was "checked". The specific options are "Surround" "Linear" & "Surround True." I unchecked them all and turned up the bass to +3 and shit, it made the system come alive! Sounds completely different and I actually have bass in the car now!
Sponsored

JAGMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 CT4
Country flag
Unchecking Linear is probably what made the bass come to life. The other two options are a matter of taste, but linear really flattens the curve at lops off the highs and lows.

I turn off sound true, and go back and forth on surround. Linear is always unchecked.

andix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991.1 S, Taycan Turbo (4/21), others
Country flag
Yeah, same here.
The BOSE sound is pretty good, but not necessarily with the factory defaults.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
I normally avoid any audio processing options – and I generally dislike the over-processed house sound of BOSE products. Therefore I was surprised at how well the BOSE sounded with surround option active.

And I came from the Burmester option in a previous Taycan. In fact, I think I prefer the BOSE due to the fact the Burmester would rattle the doors almost continuously – even at relatively low volumes – something I have not had happen with BOSE.

OP
OP
e92er

e92er

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Thanks, I'll try leaving Linear unchecked and try the surround option!

Teufel Hund

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan Turbo IGM
Country flag
Posting this because I just figured this out and thought maybe someone else needs to see it! I got my car almost 3 months ago and almost immediately, I hated the BOSE system. It sounded flat with little bass using Apple Music through Carplay. I drive by a well known stereo shop on my way home everyday and everyday I've considered pulling in and getting them to check it out for options. But I know me. If I get them to look at it, I'll get an estimate, and then a week later I'll pull the trigger. I've held off for now but the call has been getting louder.
Anyways, I was playing with it the other day and found that when I press the BOSE button, everything was "checked". The specific options are "Surround" "Linear" & "Surround True." I unchecked them all and turned up the bass to +3 and shit, it made the system come alive! Sounds completely different and I actually have bass in the car now!
IMO the Bose in the Taycan is just OK. My last vehicle had a Harman Kardon system that actually was maybe the best I’ve had for a vehicle sound system. Coming from that to this BOSE is MEH. But now I’m used to it and I didn’t buy the car for the sound system so it’s not a huge issue for me.

mutanthands

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Suzuki Cara
Country flag
We have the Bose and it’s okay. The main issue I have is that I can adjust the mids. Seems a bit shortsighted.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I came from the base audio in the Cayenne… the Bose blows me away! 🤣

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Most audiophiles say the best, cleanest sound out of the BOSE is with linear on and surround off.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Most audiophiles say the best, cleanest sound out of the BOSE is with linear on and surround off.
The best sound is whatever makes the listener the happiest. I like to feel bass vibrate through my body, other people hate that. Personally, I scoop out the mids by cranking up the lows and the highs but I know there are plenty of people who would despise the way that sounds. I really dislike the way “linear” sounds in this car.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
IME most non-audiophiles like a very uneven frequency response. Loadsa bass :)

If you have good even bass in a car when it is stationary it is quickly overwhelmed by road noise, which is mainly bass frequencies, when you get going. This means either having hugely overemphasised bass so you hear it on the move or accept only hearing bass when parked or going slowly.

One of the reasons however much money you spend on car audio it is always sh1t, I tried a lot when I was younger. ;(

Last edited:

jld1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S23
Country flag
That's funny; I think I have linear off and surround on. Age factors pretty heavily in here, as high pitch sounds fade as we age, so we all might have different preferences.

SECRET

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Glad I came upon this thread before the car arrives. Thanks OP.
Sponsored