First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan, Porsche 911 4S Cab
Country flag
Hi,

is anyone else having issues getting their charge timers and profiles to work?

Have followed all of the tips I’ve seen online and videos from YouTube but still can’t get them to start when I want them to (battery goes from green to blue and says charging is paused but then no charging starts). It’s frustrating.

Dropped in to my local Porsche centre yesterday and they said it could be a software issue?

Appreciate any help.
Sponsored

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
There is unfortunately no setting to get the charging to start at a certain time. The settings should however be able to set a time when the car will be charged to the level you like.

But if you hve followed the best videos out there and it still does not work, you may well have a SW issue.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi,

is anyone else having issues getting their charge timers and profiles to work?

Have followed all of the tips I’ve seen online and videos from YouTube but still can’t get them to start when I want them to (battery goes from green to blue and says charging is paused but then no charging starts). It’s frustrating.

Dropped in to my local Porsche centre yesterday and they said it could be a software issue?

Appreciate any help.
What make and model of charger are you using?

Can you share your timer and profile configurations?

OP
OP

TerrySB

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What make and model of charger are you using?

Can you share your timer and profile configurations?
Hi,

My home charger is a Pod Point Solo. Tried the charger scheduling app today and the car came up with "Charging Error", so would not charge.

Here are photos of the timer and profile I have set up. If there is something obviously wrong please let me know.

Porsche Taycan Charge Timer and Profile Won’t Work IMG_4417

Porsche Taycan Charge Timer and Profile Won’t Work IMG_4418

Porsche Taycan Charge Timer and Profile Won’t Work IMG_4419

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
Hi, yes. Similar issues. Also have podpoint. For 4 months I’ve been charging 1230-0430 just using a profile. Had software update now I can’t get it to work.

See my thread here

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/will-my-car-charge-tonight.4634/

My car will start charging but completely ignores the time slots depending on what soc. what is your specific issue?

If your using the pod point timer it will show as charging error on the Porsche app but will start charging at the time specified on the podpoint app. I have found for some reason this is corrupting my smart meter electric reading though but that’s another topic. If using the pp timer disable all the Porsche timer/profiles.

My conclusion. Porsche timer/profiles won’t work with podpoint ( although did pre update). I’m thinking aboit asking Porsche but figure they will just say doesn’t work with podpoint.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi,

My home charger is a Pod Point Solo. Tried the charger scheduling app today and the car came up with "Charging Error", so would not charge.

Here are photos of the timer and profile I have set up. If there is something obviously wrong please let me know.

IMG_4417.jpg

IMG_4418.jpg

IMG_4419.jpg
Are you able to try the same test but with your Porsche charger?

My hunch is that Podpoint chargers have an incompatibility with Porsche post recent software updates and suspect it will work just fine with Porsche end to end.

Are.there any pending firmware updates to your Podpoint?

Your profile and timer settings look perfect.

I know this doesn't help but I'd question why you don't use your Porsche charger - why pay and install another?

Marshall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S; 2021 Macan S
Country flag
Prior to the software upgrade I was using a JuiceNet charger and I would control when charging of my car would start with their software. I would still use the 85% based on my profile that I set in the car. After the software upgrade I could no longer use the JuiceNet as I was getting charging errors so I went to the PMCC that came with the car. While my profile and timer is set correctly the car will start charging whenever it wants it decides to. It starts charging, it pauses and then starts charging again until it eventually gets to 85%. No rhyme or reason as to start times (yes, it starts before my preferred time and the SOC is above the minimum). I have no idea if it is a PMCC issue or a software issue with the car. Everything else with the car works so until the next time I go back to the dealer I will live with the issue unless someone has a solution.

OP
OP

TerrySB

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Are you able to try the same test but with your Porsche charger?

My hunch is that Podpoint chargers have an incompatibility with Porsche post recent software updates and suspect it will work just fine with Porsche end to end.

Are.there any pending firmware updates to your Podpoint?

Your profile and timer settings look perfect.

I know this doesn't help but I'd question why you don't use your Porsche charger - why pay and install another?
Hi,

Think you are correct on the firmware issue with the Pod Point, as I have just tried the Porsche Mobile Charger Connect and it appears to work.

Reason I don't want to use the Porsche Mobile Charger is that it only charges at 3kWh and the Pod Point charges at 7kWh. Perhaps I should have brought an Anderson charger!

I have emailed Pod Point setting out the issue and hopefully will receive a reply shortly. This is more of an inconvenience than anything else, but want to use the functions of the car to maximise its potential.

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
Hi,

Think you are correct on the firmware issue with the Pod Point, as I have just tried the Porsche Mobile Charger Connect and it appears to work.

Reason I don't want to use the Porsche Mobile Charger is that it only charges at 3kWh and the Pod Point charges at 7kWh. Perhaps I should have brought an Anderson charger!

I have emailed Pod Point setting out the issue and hopefully will receive a reply shortly. This is more of an inconvenience than anything else, but want to use the functions of the car to maximise its potential.
kW, not kWh.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi,

The PMCC (UK) will charge up to 22kW.

If you have the onboard 22kW AC charging option then the car is ready to be charged at that rate.

If the option isn't installed then you are limited to 11kW.

Either of the above require a 3 phase electrical supply and if you don't then you will be limited to 7.4kW which is fine for home charging in most scenarios.

PMCC will deliver 3.4kW if you use a 3 pin 13A plug to power it or limit the ampage to 16A or less and / or have an incorrect supply cable connected to the source.

Logically, if your Podpoint gets 7kW to 7.4kW on your single phase supply it must be on a 32A circuit and therefore a PMCC on the same circuit with the correct supply connector and settings (32A) will / must derive the same.

I have a PMCC, single phase 32A supply and get 7.4kW.

Andersen's did my installation but as the PMCC came free with the car (supply issues with PMC+ (11kW max charger) and so a forced no cost option) there was no sense in purchasing a different charger.

Who told you PMCC will only provide 3.4kW?

What cables did you get with your PMCC?

PMCC is a high end charger and my advice would be to get it correctly installed to enjoy the integrated features.

SwissTaycan

First Name
Dieter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S arrived on 23.12.20 and 718 Spyder on order
Country flag
Some problems as in Nickj‘s post where PCMC is slightly ignoring the time by one hour for whatever reason :-(

911GP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Volcano Grey
Country flag
I charged my car for the first time yesterday with no issues and set up similar timer and profiles to yours. One thing I would try, if you haven't already, is to remove all timers and settings from your pod point. I have a Zappi but have not used any of the timers or settings there. All the settings are from the car.

OP
OP

TerrySB

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The PMCC (UK) will charge up to 22kW.

If you have the onboard 22kW AC charging option then the car is ready to be charged at that rate.

If the option isn't installed then you are limited to 11kW.

Either of the above require a 3 phase electrical supply and if you don't then you will be limited to 7.4kW which is fine for home charging in most scenarios.

PMCC will deliver 3.4kW if you use a 3 pin 13A plug to power it or limit the ampage to 16A or less and / or have an incorrect supply cable connected to the source.

Logically, if your Podpoint gets 7kW to 7.4kW on your single phase supply it must be on a 32A circuit and therefore a PMCC on the same circuit with the correct supply connector and settings (32A) will / must derive the same.

I have a PMCC, single phase 32A supply and get 7.4kW.

Andersen's did my installation but as the PMCC came free with the car (supply issues with PMC+ (11kW max charger) and so a forced no cost option) there was no sense in purchasing a different charger.

Who told you PMCC will only provide 3.4kW?

What cables did you get with your PMCC?

PMCC is a high end charger and my advice would be to get it correctly installed to enjoy the integrated features.
Hi,

The PMCC came with two cables, one with a three pin plug on and one with a socket type connector.

Assume the socket type connector needs the installation of a specific socket and also assume this would them deliver a higher rate of charge?

911GP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Volcano Grey
Country flag
Hi,

The PMCC came with two cables, one with a three pin plug on and one with a socket type connector.

Assume the socket type connector needs the installation of a specific socket and also assume this would them deliver a higher rate of charge?
That's right. Your pod point is connected to the fuseboard via a dedicated cable with 32A rating. You could connect a commando socket to that same cable and you will then be able to use the PMCC at the higher charge rate of 7.7kw.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi,

Yes that’s correct. It may well be compatible with whatever your supply cable for your PodPoint is connected to - tend to be industry standard connectors. I’m tempted to say connect the Porsche one to that socket (if compatible) and then to the PMCC and you should be good after that. Perhaps consult with your installers first or ask them to do it.

The 3 pin is basically for emergencies or when away somewhere remote and you take your charger with you.
Sponsored