Charging to 85%

Basebull7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I've had my Taycan for 5 months now and I'm very satisfied. One thing I've noticed is that when I kept the car in the garage and charged it to 85% my mileage would reach 240 to 250. The last few weeks I've had to keep the car outside and I've noticed that I charge to 85% but now the mileage is 230...233. I live in West Palm and the temp has been fairly cool (for South Florida) I'm wondering if the weather has an effect on the charge.
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I've had my Taycan for 5 months now and I'm very satisfied. One thing I've noticed is that when I kept the car in the garage and charged it to 85% my mileage would reach 240 to 250. The last few weeks I've had to keep the car outside and I've noticed that I charge to 85% but now the mileage is 230...233. I live in West Palm and the temp has been fairly cool (for South Florida) I'm wondering if the weather has an effect on the charge.
100% will affect the available range (as will style of driving, use of AC and so on). Temperature is a key influencer and in my part of the world can impact the range (max of 280 miles down to 230 in colder months) significantly.

Search the forum as there are copious amounts of detail on this topic in general plus look at the range estimator on the Taycan website where you can fiddle with temps, use of AC, wheels etc to see range impact.

Reactions: B61
OP
OP
Basebull7

Basebull7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
100% will affect the available range (as will style of driving, use of AC and so on). Temperature is a key influencer and in my part of the world can impact the range (max of 280 miles down to 230 in colder months) significantly.

Search the forum as there are copious amounts of detail on this topic in general plus look at the range estimator on the Taycan website where you can fiddle with temps, use of AC, wheels etc to see range impact.
Got it! Thanks for the reply.

Dslev

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
That's good, mine is garaged in So Cal, where I live it's cold in the AM (40's garage is high 50s low 60s), I get 220-224 at 85%.
Sponsored