daveb3473

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
My 2023 4CT has creaks and cracking sounds coming from around the rear seat area. Dealer has investigated but found nothing ( I don’t think they have tried too hard).

I know I’m being picky as the identical loaner I had was far far worse! It sounds like could be backs of front seats and it is not the tailgate. I’ve even removed the rear seat base to apply plenty of felt tape.
I’d love to hear if any fellow owners and any clues to fix. Thanks
Sponsored

MConte05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4. GTS ST inbound
Country flag
My CT4 had the creaking too when going into my buildings parking lot. Strangely enough my GTS ST doesn't, despite both being the same wagon.

Fantic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ferrari California T, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
@daveb3473 Funny you say that, when I first drive off, I get a very slight cracking rumble noise from somewhere behind me, which I think similar to my internal roof blind noise on my Range Rover Sport, when it retracts :confused:

no idea what it is, and I've learned to ignore it, but if you find out the cause, gimme a shout 👍

swejs

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Boxster S; Skoda Superb; Taycan 4S CT ordered
Country flag
I had a noise from the back of mine until I made sure i’d pulled out the two hooks that support the shelf. I mistakenly thought you only needed to pull them out for curry!!

TCT

First Name
François
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB E350, Taycan CT4 Mamba green
Country flag
My 2023 4CT has creaks and cracking sounds coming from around the rear seat area. Dealer has investigated but found nothing ( I don’t think they have tried too hard).

I know I’m being picky as the identical loaner I had was far far worse! It sounds like could be backs of front seats and it is not the tailgate. I’ve even removed the rear seat base to apply plenty of felt tape.
I had the same experience with my CT and it turned out it came from the back seat passenger safety belt slot. There seem to be friction sounds coming from that slot's bottom part. I just applied pressure downward on it and it disappeared.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

Could be the rear parcel shelf and the mounts creaking when making slow turns. Take the shelf out to see if the problem goes away.

OP
OP
daveb3473

daveb3473

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
Thanks for the suggestions. It’s not the parcel shelf as driven without that in. Will try the safety belt slot as it sounds plausible.

TXSchnee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 Taycan CT 4S, '24 BMW XM, '23 Honda Ridgeline
Country flag
I have creaking in my 4S CT, it is in the front, from the plastic surrounding the light controls and the rearview mirror. I press gently up on it and it goes away. It had really only been an issue since it has been hot here 100F (38C+) and up. See if that could be your issue as well, since sounds in vehicles could be coming from somewhere other than where your ear thinks they are.

Dr Monty

First Name
Monty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, BMW iX50, Audi
Country flag
I have creaking in my 4S CT, it is in the front, from the plastic surrounding the light controls and the rearview mirror. I press gently up on it and it goes away. It had really only been an issue since it has been hot here 100F (38C+) and up. See if that could be your issue as well, since sounds in vehicles could be coming from somewhere other than where your ear thinks they are.
From Day 1, on rough roads, rumble strips etc, the same area (light controls / rearview mirror ) has made a rattle-y, loose bits type noise. Dealer says they took it apart and re-assembled - it is less strident, but still annoying. Since this is only my first Porsche (despite it being a very loaded YOLO-mobile) dealer is not inclined to pursue further.

Friends with several Porsches (and who've been buying for decades) say that it will be some time (& purchases) before I get the treatment one might expect.

I haven't had it as long but my BMW iX50 dealer is much more supportive... Very different cars but BMW has done some good clean slate thinking, IMHO. And I typically see 5.2 km/kWH versus the 4km/kWH in the CT on the same route.

If anyone discovers an answer to this somewhat minor mirror noise issue, would love to hear about it.

TXSchnee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 Taycan CT 4S, '24 BMW XM, '23 Honda Ridgeline
Country flag
From Day 1, on rough roads, rumble strips etc, the same area (light controls / rearview mirror ) has made a rattle-y, loose bits type noise. Dealer says they took it apart and re-assembled - it is less strident, but still annoying. Since this is only my first Porsche (despite it being a very loaded YOLO-mobile) dealer is not inclined to pursue further.

Friends with several Porsches (and who've been buying for decades) say that it will be some time (& purchases) before I get the treatment one might expect.

I haven't had it as long but my BMW iX50 dealer is much more supportive... Very different cars but BMW has done some good clean slate thinking, IMHO. And I typically see 5.2 km/kWH versus the 4km/kWH in the CT on the same route.

If anyone discovers an answer to this somewhat minor mirror noise issue, would love to hear about it.
That isn’t correct that you need to spend more on Porsche before the dealer treats you right, at least that hasn’t been the case for me. I wouldn’t accept your friend’s statements and it would turn me off the brand quite honestly.

I had an iX M60 for all of 2 months, it was nice when it worked, but mine was a lemon.

OP
OP
daveb3473

daveb3473

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
Its fixed! found the sounds were the back of the drivers seat. Proved it by wedging the seat back whilst driving. Dealer removed seat and added padding inside the seat back... A different car!
Sponsored