Dash cams

awharton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS, Mercedes EQC400
Country flag
Nope. Got stuck on the final part and its really not looking like its removable (on my car) without permanently breaking it. I've paused the project for a little while to figure out what next.
That’s a shame. Was hoping it would work as was planning on doing the same.
Sponsored

Pivotaltrader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 TTS 18 hd denali 23 bentley gt speed
Country flag
Negative, negative and negative. It uses it's own separate battery. Being charged while main 12V being charged + 1 hour after. Battery lasts 12-18hours standalone.
i am installing this same setup with the optional separage battery to mitigate the issue with the drawdown of our battery in our car. Below is the link to the website where you can learn about it. I have the ultra battery pack which you will find under the accessories on this website. I have the front and rear camera cloud setup. I plan to write about my car once i get it back from the shop. I hope this helps people out.

https://blackvue.com/dashcams/4k-cloud/
https://blackvue.com/accessories/
b 124x is what i am installing

f02kbf

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Sorry, for some reason I didn't get an alert that I was tagged in this thread. On my vehicle, the part that you have stuck was the absolute most difficult to remove. I removed it second, not the middle part that you have removed. I had to squeeze it really hard to get the tabs to release. I remember it took a good amount of time as I could only get one side to release at once, it's quite tough. As I mentioned, if you google Audi mirror tap instructions, you'll see they use the same assembly so you might find a video or photos that are more helpful. Once I took the bottom piece off, the middle piece that you have off, basically fell out of place.

Matt8442

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Turbo, Cayman GTS, Taycan 4S, Taycan Turbo S.
Country flag
Hi all, today received confirmation that Porsche UK are now fitting Porsche approved dash cam, it’s 2.95 hours labour and including VAT is £865.20. All covered under warranty for the Taycan.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
It is really crazy to see how much better integrated both the CarCam and FitCamX are than the OEM Porsche dashcam. Too bad, but I may look into the FitCamX to see if they ship to the US.

awharton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@MrJack did you need to wire to the fuse box or did the adapter fit one of the connectors in the rear mirror housing?

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
The second.... you have adapter that connect to rain sensor inside the rear mirror housing
Based on your post, I've ordered the camera. I have the similar CarCam installed but I'm not very happy with the wiring down the a-pillar and its potential to interfere with airbag deployments.

So the fact this plugs into wiring already available in the mirror is a positive.

Can you share anything about that process? Was it hard? Was it obvious? Were the provided instructions accurate/helpful?

Thank you!

awharton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Based on your post, I've ordered the camera. I have the similar CarCam installed but I'm not very happy with the wiring down the a-pillar and its potential to interfere with airbag deployments.

So the fact this plugs into wiring already available in the mirror is a positive.

Can you share anything about that process? Was it hard? Was it obvious? Were the provided instructions accurate/helpful?

Thank you!
I've done the same and ordered. Will be here on Tuesday. Returning the OE-Witness camera as again would prefer to not wire to the fuse box.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
I've done the same and ordered. Will be here on Tuesday. Returning the OE-Witness camera as again would prefer to not wire to the fuse box.
Please let us know how you get on around the wiring aspects.

MrJack

First Name
Gianni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S MY2021, Panamera 4S
Country flag

Thank you!
Ok, it's very simple, to mount, if you need i i try to explain better all the procedures.
The wiring system is simple too
the cam has wiring with two connectors, you must attach one instead of the connector for the rain sensor and the second to the rain sensor.
The connector for the rain sensor give negative, positive (all time) and positive on power on of the car.
The cam doesn't have a big consumption even if you use while the car is parked.
You can choose how many hours you want save after lock the car. The cam after sometime compress the video near 1 fotogram per second in this case.
The cam also rec video when the cam has some acceleration if someone hit you car (i don't try this :)) even if the car is locked and you don't have parking registration enabled.
I use TimaCam app instead of Roadcam App because i think is better.

One thing that i don't like is that all videoclip lenght is 1 minute. So if you drive for one hour you will have 60 videoclips.
The settings don't change this, i've contacted the seller and he said that the option of videoclips much bigger is not eabled.
I will attach one diagram of wiring system (sorry but i do very fast now)

Porsche Taycan Dash cams IMG_7566

awharton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Received my FitcamX in 3 days from China via DHL - import charges already paid within price. Fitted in 30 mins. Connector fits into the existing rain sensor connector. Looks completely OEM.

Porsche Taycan Dash cams 6DF6CECE-89D0-4B47-848B-011F8EBC8D2D
Porsche Taycan Dash cams 324FE647-C571-4A95-83B3-4E61CBC9C726
Porsche Taycan Dash cams 8E046197-0E08-41C5-9A0F-30E5D458ECF4
Porsche Taycan Dash cams 509638D4-C787-4F07-B93E-028EFD611BD1
Porsche Taycan Dash cams A423331B-AFB8-412E-BE7D-D920619900FC
Porsche Taycan Dash cams D2CD9828-EE54-4429-90D0-F29AF4F34663
Porsche Taycan Dash cams 7246D6C6-B00E-4B3D-9307-1F4171C5BD06

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score