Dealer Software Update

rs38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8
Country flag
they could probably also send a nice taycan-shaped 32GB USB-C stick to the customers containing the update.
They will exactly do the same in the dealership. I guess the only reason it could get a bit tricky and need more help(charger) is to ensure the 12V is stable for the long flashing time.
For me it's also 2x >50km way, wasted time and no fun & no coffee at the dealer while lockdown stays.
Sponsored

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
For those who are relatively new owners these are not simple software downloads from a USB stick. Last year a number of us had the first software updates performed on our Taycans. Depending on the bandwidth at the dealership these were 4-8 hour updates. If I recall correctly the dealership had to connect to remote servers to access the software. Porsche was very strict to keep control of the software. For something this significant and long, I would not be comfortable having it performed OTA. As vague as the letter sounds, I'm just happy to see some movement by Porsche to address some issues. Hopefully some of us 2020 owners will get letters too.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Maybe but in some respects, I actually hope not - mine has been working absolutely flawlessly since day 1 - everything is slick and works a treat so unless there is some "new magic" I might hold back ;-)
Really smart thinking. "Never change a running system" particularly if you perfectly happy with it.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I received the letter today for my MY21 4S - January 2021. A little frustrating that we cannot carry out the update ourselves at home. Getting the car to a dealer for 4 hours is a bit of a ballache for me as the dealer is 25 miles away!
Good opportunity to take you Taycan for a spin? :angel:

awharton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS, Mercedes EQC400
Country flag
Just had confirmation from Porsche head office that the software update for MY20 cars to bring in line with MY21 will be available in the next few days from dealers.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Just had confirmation from Porsche head office that the software update for MY20 cars to bring in line with MY21 will be available in the next few days from dealers.
Excellent news! Thank you!

rs38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8
Country flag
For those who are relatively new owners these are not simple software downloads from a USB stick. Last year a number of us had the first software updates performed on our Taycans. Depending on the bandwidth at the dealership these were 4-8 hour updates. If I recall correctly the dealership had to connect to remote servers to access the software. Porsche was very strict to keep control of the software.
this is why I wrote "could". everything necessary for the way I described is already in all cars. There is a bootstrapper engineering menu which does the updating from a USB device.
Porsche Taycan Dealer Software Update 1614936347639

Engineering mode | Porsche Taycan Forum - TaycanForum.com

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
My Porsche service does not even know about the update. They say they have not been informed. Maybe they roll it out country by country in order to not overload theis servers since it seem humongous

baldybot1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan turbo
Country flag
I have a September MY 2020 Taycan Turbo and my dealer didn't know there was an update coming ... I cant book mine in

CJE

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 Turbo S, Porsche Taycan Turbo S, Ford GT (part owner)
Country flag
Anyone get a letter stating that the car needs to go into the dealer to get a software update which will take 4 hours?
My car is a July, 2020 Turbo S, one of the first in LA. I did not get a letter, but in a conversation with a Porsche service manager it was recommended that I bring it in for 2 updates. The update take longer than 4 hours. They keep the car overnight.

My Taycan is operating perfectly, but I did the update as part of general maintenance. I doubt it will affect much, but it seemed responsible to take the car in.

We'll see if it affected anything.

OP
OP

Duc959

First Name
FR
Threads
Reaction score
Website
share.octopus.energy
Vehicles
RR Vogue Autobiography, Ducati Panigale V2
Country flag
I will get an update from my dealer on Tuesday to tell me how long this will actually take, if anyone gets it done before then please do report back on how long it took them?

cd77

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S ST MY24 (since Nov 23)
Country flag
I got my letter today for the WMA6 service campaign (MY21 in Germany).
My dealer will get back to me on Monday to arrange an appointment to bring my car in.
I just had it in to rectify the spoiler issue as well as some other smaller items.
I got a nice service loaner during that time for those of you who haven't seen it yet on Facebook.

Porsche Taycan Dealer Software Update D400962C-008B-4B09-9074-2E3637FFC054

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
I got my letter today for the WMA6 service campaign (MY21 in Germany).
My dealer will get back to me on Monday to arrange an appointment to bring my car in.
I just had it in to rectify the spoiler issue as well as some other smaller items.
I got a nice service loaner during that time for those of you who haven't seen it yet on Facebook.

D400962C-008B-4B09-9074-2E3637FFC054.jpeg
that is some wrap job, wow

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
I am scheduled for the update next Friday.
Sponsored