Marcad80

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S
Country flag
I was watching video guide on how to operate the 2022 Taycan from a dealer in Florida and noticed it had the new PCM. I wonder if this means any new cars arriving on boats now have the new PCM.
the first car with the new PCM colored icons I’ve heard of was one that completed production on 02MR. The last week in Feb seems to be the cutover date. I have a car sitting in JAX right now that was completed on 03MR and will be able to verify this. Unless others that have received cars can step in…

OP
OP
marvinp

marvinp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1998/2008 BMW M3s
Country flag
the first car with the new PCM colored icons I’ve heard of was one that completed production on 02MR. The last week in Feb seems to be the cutover date. I have a car sitting in JAX right now that was completed on 03MR and will be able to verify this. Unless others that have received cars can step in…
What's 02MR, 03MR? I'm guessing some sort of calendar date. How do you look it up.

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 458, Lexus GX460
Country flag
Seems a lot more straightforward to use - looks like a standard android smartphone layout turned sideways, which is a good thing! Wonder if you can customize what buttons you have on the left side, as I would never use the phone button and would rather have android auto or spotify as always appearing

Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla SP85D, Model P3D, Taycan Turbo S CT
Country flag
Seems a lot more straightforward to use - looks like a standard android smartphone layout turned sideways, which is a good thing! Wonder if you can customize what buttons you have on the left side, as I would never use the phone button and would rather have android auto or spotify as always appearing
Assuming it works the same as the previous version, then yes you can change the apps in the sidebar to whatever app you want.

Chris8536

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (Sold) X7 M50i (sold) cayenne GTS coupe
Country flag
Looks terrible. I can’t believe Porsche would make a design that looked like a 2008 android phone. What is going on over there.

Last edited:

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
Is it really just a few colored icons and then mostly monochrome like the video? I find the inconsistency distracting. Maybe it’s better in person.

OP
OP
marvinp

marvinp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1998/2008 BMW M3s
Country flag
wow, didn’t think it was that cryptic….

Yes 02MR is the 2nd of March. Years ago GM decided it saved time to write 02MR22 instead of 03/02/22. Less digits I guess .
😂 it did occur to me that MR could be short for March but I didn't want to assume. Did you get these production dates from Track My Dream or...?

I've seen it mentioned several times that the production switchover to the new PCM happened Week 7. Per TMD, my car production started on 2/15 and ended on 2/23. So I'm hoping my car got the new PCM.

Marcad80

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S
Country flag
😂 it did occur to me that MR could be short for March but I didn't want to assume. Did you get these production dates from Track My Dream or...?

I've seen it mentioned several times that the production switchover to the new PCM happened Week 7. Per TMD, my car production started on 2/15 and ended on 2/23. So I'm hoping my car got the new PCM.
yes, mine started on Feb 22nd and ended on March 3rd. But I haven’t seen it yet. Someone in Europe, who received there car quickly, had a March 2nd end date and had the colored icons.

backslashed

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Looks terrible. I can’t believe Porsche would make a design that looked like a 2008 android phone. What is going on over there.
I agree. Monochrome fitted much better. Colors are yucky. I think there are better things to improve on the PCM than colors :))

evn00b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S, '14 Lexus IS, '22 Hyundai Palisade
Country flag
Earlier I was excited about the colored icons but now it just looks downright tacky. I am glad wife’s has the grey icons. They match her car’s slate gray interior 😁

Jayyvr890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Are there functional changes or is this update all aesthetic? Because I'm not a huge fan of that much colour.

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
Matt Watson’s Car Wow video review of a Carmine Red GTS ST last week had the coloured icons. That’s first time I saw them. I am not sure about colours. I never use Apple Car play in my Taycan. I preferred Porsche monochrome.
Sponsored