December 2022 Deliveries

masmole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, A6 Allroad, GT3
Country flag
My SA, as much as I like him, is not the most informed.... Mine is a 4S.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPWREDT5
Yours?
Very nice and highly-optioned 4S spec! You've probably fielded this question before on this forum, but I notice you've selected a lot of options that are already standard on a GTS, like sport design, black tailamps, ptv, performance battery, black trim, etc, so any reason for not just ordering a GTS or was it purely because a GTS allocation wasn't available to you as soon as the 4S?

JS4S

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Taycan 4S, 21 Cayenne S, 06 Z06, 89 Formula 350
Country flag
Very nice and highly-optioned 4S spec! You've probably fielded this question before on this forum, but I notice you've selected a lot of options that are already standard on a GTS, like sport design, black tailamps, ptv, performance battery, black trim, etc, so any reason for not just ordering a GTS or was it purely because a GTS allocation wasn't available to you as soon as the 4S?
Exactly....I actually ended up with a Taycan by chance. My dealer is very small and allocations are hard to come by. I had been waiting over 2 years for a 911 GTS (1st on waiting list) when I was offered the Taycan 4S.

poppap

First Name
Pop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Taycan RWD (PNYVW213)
Country flag
I was in the same exact situation regarding available allocation back in April 2022, I would have to wait for an unknown period for an allocation of any other model or get an incoming GTS (dealer spec) with $15k ADM, or I can immediately get an RWD allocation so I ended up with a fully spec'd RWD PC#PNYVW213 since it was still within my budget... :D I don't really care about resale value at this point.

Mookow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Week 46 vessel schedule for US West Coast released
  • Glovis Stella is now due in Benicia on Dec 2 instead of the previous date of Dec 4.
  • Glovis Clipper is leaving Emden on Nov 24 and is due in Benicia on Dec 28, 2 days later than the previous schedule - no chance for 2022 delivery.
  • New vessel leaving Emden on Dec 22 and is due in Benicia on Jan 27

1668453629880.png
Hoping I end up on the Clipper then. I'm 1hr from Benicia so there's still mild hope for late December assuming it has the 12v and Bose amp and all that jazz.

tayCanadian

First Name
Amit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Cayenne Coupe E-Hybrid (RIP), 2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Just an update to my post above:

So October 14 and October 28 both went by with my car's production not being started.

The good news is, today I received a note from my SA telling me that my car has officially gone into production!

I may end up having a December delivery after all, which is a little pointless because I don't plan to drive this car in the Canadian Winter. Here's hoping that Spring comes soon and that you all get your deliveries when expected.
I learned this weekend from my SA that my build is complete and is being prepared for transport.

ETA to Toronto, Canada is early December. :rock:

tayCanadian

First Name
Amit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
How do you guys figure out what vessel your car is on if you don't have TYD?

poppap

First Name
Pop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Taycan RWD (PNYVW213)
Country flag
How do you guys figure out what vessel your car is on if you don't have TYD?
Your dealership have that information in their “Porsche Sales & Vehicle Management System” so you will have to get it from them.
It’ll be under Shipping/Invoicing tab

Porsche Taycan December 2022 Deliveries 1668483404876

tayCanadian

First Name
Amit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Your dealership have that information in their “Porsche Sales & Vehicle Management System” so you will have to get it from them.
Gotcha. Thanks for the quick reply.

bxwatso

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCT
Country flag
Curious if anyone here has received confirmation of being aboard Supreme Ace?
Supreme Ace presents a few questions:
1. why has it been moored since 11/11/22? I thought these ships turned-around ASAP.
2. Where is it going? Its previous trips suggested Houston, but it looks like its next stop is Hallifax.

The real question for me is, what is the next ship to Houston? My TYD shows a 11/25/22 departure.

wist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
Supreme Ace presents a few questions:
1. why has it been moored since 11/11/22? I thought these ships turned-around ASAP.
2. Where is it going? Its previous trips suggested Houston, but it looks like its next stop is Hallifax.

The real question for me is, what is the next ship to Houston? My TYD shows a 11/25/22 departure.
Just saw on VesselTracker, appears that Supreme Ace just left Emden and is underway.

And based on the Volkswagen Export schedule, it shows that it's currently headed to Halifax, to Jacksonville, and then to Houston. Don't quote me on it though.

bxwatso

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCT
Country flag
Just saw on VesselTracker, appears that Supreme Ace just left Emden and is underway.

And based on the Volkswagen Export schedule, it shows that it's currently headed to Halifax, to Jacksonville, and then to Houston. Don't quote me on it though.
OK, then, thanks. (P.S. I just quoted you)

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
why has it been moored since 11/11/22? I thought these ships turned-around ASAP.
I think it was holding at the dock waiting for my car, which was a bit late out of the body shop. Sorry.
Sponsored