PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
Hello Gerry, we are all waiting the same (TPMS) part… my car is coming to the dealer tomorrow, and they hope they’ll receive TPMS in coming week(s), so I’ll get the car in the 36th week (September 6-10).
Strange that yours is going to the dealer with the TPMS. I texted mine today to ask if he had any update. He said he will not get an update until the TPMS is installed at the port and they schedule delivery to the dealership. To me, ship them to the dealer. We can get our PPF and tint and ceramic work done while we cannot drive the car.
Sponsored

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Strange that yours is going to the dealer with the TPMS. I texted mine today to ask if he had any update. He said he will not get an update until the TPMS is installed at the port and they schedule delivery to the dealership. To me, ship them to the dealer. We can get our PPF and tint and ceramic work done while we cannot drive the car.
no,no…sorry if I haven’t made myself clear enough.
after one month being hold in the factory, my car is coming without TPMS to the dealer.
it was assembled on July 26 (or 23).
dealer is going to install TPMS….and they are expecting delivery of TPMS in next week…or two, so I’ll get the car in the week of September 06.

Bill4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo ; CT4S ordered
Country flag
Hello,

I placed my taycan rwd order in the beginning of February. Delivery was planned in the 3th week of July but unfortunately in the end of July I received a call from my Porsche centre that my car was finished but there was a chip missing to control the tire pressure sensors according the salesman. Now it is standing over there on a parking lot like many and waiting for the missing part ? Porsche itself is giving no communication according my Porsche centre because they probably have no idea when the part will come. So that sucks. Hope it doesn’t take long.

Greetz from Belgium ??

Gerry
Same situation here in France ?? where dealers received an email from Porsche end of July saying that over 130 cars are stuck at the factory until chip shortage is resolved. My dealer has absolutely no idea when this situation will change. All dealers in the country have been asked to remain patient until further notice and not to send requests on status updates as Porsche is unable to give more information. Yesterday, my dealer said they still have not heard from Porsche since that last email, which is 3-4 weeks old.
How crazy is that ?

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
no,no…sorry if I haven’t made myself clear enough.
after one month being hold in the factory, my car is coming without TPMS to the dealer.
it was assembled on July 26 (or 23).
dealer is going to install TPMS….and they are expecting delivery of TPMS in next week…or two, so I’ll get the car in the week of September 06.
That was how I understood it. Your dealer is installing the TPMS.

My dealer says the "port" will install the TPMS and then the car will be trucked to the dealer.

If my dealer had the car (without the TPMS and would install them when they arrived) he could flat bed the truck to the PPF,tint, and ceramic guy. Then when I pick it up, everything is done.

menzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mino cooper S, waiting for taycan CT
Country flag

My dealer says the "port" will install the TPMS and then the car will be trucked to the dealer.

If my dealer had the car (without the TPMS and would install them when they arrived) he could flat bed the truck to the PPF,tint, and ceramic guy. Then when I pick it up, everything is done.
I don’t know how dealerships work (accounting wise). Is it possible that your dealer doesn’t want to take delivery so it wouldn’t be on his inventory thus paying costs on it?

schad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, e-tron
Country flag
I don’t know how dealerships work (accounting wise). Is it possible that your dealer doesn’t want to take delivery so it wouldn’t be on his inventory thus paying costs on it?
Very possible. My understanding is that in the US the dealer purchases the car when it leaves the (US) port. Until that point, it is still the property/responsibility of VWAG.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Very possible. My understanding is that in the US the dealer purchases the car when it leaves the (US) port. Until that point, it is still the property/responsibility of VWAG.
@menzz & @schad - I think you guys hit the nail on the head. They are not going to tell me that, but keeps it off their books so they pay no interest on the floor planning.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag

Understood.
Maybe Porsche is going to arrange installation in ports for some reason? Maybe it's easier to organize such "post-production" services on a single place, with a team of authorized professionals?
I knew for a case that some other manufacturer did the same in our port where subcontractor (LED lights) needs to ship all items to the port + organize his workers there for a week, before the ship left the port...

Bill4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ordered a MY21 CT4S beginning of april.

Delivery scheduled initially July 23rd... then

- then delayed 2 weeks to early august
- then delayed another 6 weeks to september 14th
- and today got a call from my dealer telling me the car is again being delayed another 6 weeks to november 5th

I'm now seriously thinking about cancelling my order and ordering a MY22 which could be delivered in Q2 2022 I imagine.

MeMyselfAndI

First Name
Pieter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (MY 21)
Country flag
Got a phone call from my dealer this morning. My Taycan arrived today! With some missing parts of course... TPMS and spare key being one of them.
Only TPMS is mandatory by Porsche to be installed before delivering the car. Dealer expects TPMS to arrive within 2 weeks! ?

yucatown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag

- and today got a call from my dealer telling me the car is again being delayed another 6 weeks to november 5th

I'm now seriously thinking about cancelling my order and ordering a MY22 which could be delivered in Q2 2022 I imagine.
Would your dealer allow you to transfer your deposit to a MY22 order? It sounds tempting to me too, but my car is only missing the TPMS and I don’t see too many drastic changes in MY22 to warrant hitting the reset button.

Bill4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Update :

My dealer says I can order another CT4S (this time MY22) which could be delivered mid-November... that is jsut 2 weeks later than my CT ordered in april.

Could this mean that Porsche gives priority to cars on the assembly line giving them TPMS and other missing parts before cars sitting on the lot outside the factory waiting ?

• Wow
Reactions: B61

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Got a phone call from my dealer this morning. My Taycan arrived today! With some missing parts of course... TPMS and spare key being one of them.
Only TPMS is mandatory by Porsche to be installed before delivering the car. Dealer expects TPMS to arrive within 2 weeks! ?
Been waiting for my TPM since 8/14. In the US, the TPMS are federally required and that’s why they cannot sell the car.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Update :

My dealer says I can order another CT4S (this time MY22) which could be delivered mid-November... that is jsut 2 weeks later than my CT ordered in april.

Could this mean that Porsche gives priority to cars on the assembly line giving them TPMS and other missing parts before cars sitting on the lot outside the factory waiting ?
Might be... I guess, it's less expensive to make the car completely, then later on adding missing stuff...

Gerry V

First Name
gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A5 Sportback
Country flag
My car is also at the dealer since Friday. Today I also mailed him to see if they had some news about the missing tpms because I saw some people on the forum got confirmation that their tpms was being sent to their dealer. Unfortunately the answer from my dealer was that to their great frustration they had zero news from Porsche ??
Sponsored