neilj007

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Macan, Renault Zoe
Country flag
My dealer encouraged me to order another CT4S (MY22) as my order keeps being delayed (produced but waiting for parts). Both are due in November, the first one was ordered in April, the other one TODAY.

That’s what I did… who knows the MY22 might be delivered before the MY21… that wouldn’t make much sense unless missing parts go first to production assembly lines.
Who picks up the bill for your bespoke vehicle which you no longer require? Is it a pretty straightforward spec?
Sponsored

Bill4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo ; CT4S ordered
Country flag
Who picks up the bill for your bespoke vehicle which you no longer require? Is it a pretty straightforward spec?
The dealer should have no problem selling it giving the delays... even with lots of options

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
That sucks! Mine there also since late July. Hope they don't take parts from mine to add to yours! That C8 Corvette looking better all the time.
IMO, it's not possible to switch parts... I've been told that by my dealer.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
That sucks! Mine there also since late July. Hope they don't take parts from mine to add to yours! That C8 Corvette looking better all the time.
Add me to the list of the car hanging in the port in Jacksonville. TPM is the only item preventing the sale (3 other items can be resolved after sale). We will get our MY21 and MY22 will be delivered at the same time.

Reactions: vdr

ljump12

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3
Country flag
Spoke with dealer this morning. He said they got a bulletin this weekend from porsche that they are going to ship the cars to the dealers, and send the TPMS directly to them for installation. I'm guessing the port is starting to back up.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Spoke with dealer this morning. He said they got a bulletin this weekend from porsche that they are going to ship the cars to the dealers, and send the TPMS directly to them for installation. I'm guessing the port is starting to back up.
Well that is a little progress. Now, can I get my dealer to flat bed my car to the PPF and Tint guy so whenever the TPMS parts arrive, I do not have to take delivery and then send it to the PPF and Tint guy.

Last edited:

hkarthik

First Name
Karthik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S White
Country flag
Spoke to my dealer, apparently I had bad information thinking my car was in Jacksonville, FL waiting on the TPMS. It was actually still in Emden, Germany with a hold until we got an update this morning.

It is now enroute across the Atlantic, but we have no idea what parts on it maybe missing. We'll find out when it gets to the port and I assume it'll get shipped to the dealer to hang onto. He said he's already got several 911s sitting in his lot waiting on TPMS.

I'm hoping holding it in Emden meant the parts were likely put on it sooner since it was still in Germany, but I'll know more next week.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Spoke to my dealer, apparently I had bad information thinking my car was in Jacksonville, FL waiting on the TPMS. It was actually still in Emden, Germany with a hold until we got an update this morning.

It is now enroute across the Atlantic, but we have no idea what parts on it maybe missing. We'll find out when it gets to the port and I assume it'll get shipped to the dealer to hang onto. He said he's already got several 911s sitting in his lot waiting on TPMS.

I'm hoping holding it in Emden meant the parts were likely put on it sooner since it was still in Germany, but I'll know more next week.
Did you not get your "Track Your Dream" email? You can see where your car is and what ship it is on. Then you can use the Marine Tracking websites online to see where the ship is located.

hkarthik

First Name
Karthik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S White
Country flag
Did you not get your "Track Your Dream" email? You can see where your car is and what ship it is on. Then you can use the Marine Tracking websites online to see where the ship is located.
I've tried a few times to get TYD working but for some reason it's not. The vehicle shows up under My Porsche as under my name, but I can't figure out what complex IT dance is required to get the TYD page to show up for me. Any ideas?

Bella

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4 CT, Prius
Country flag
These delays appear to be random? Its either that or certain markets are prioritized? I ordered in July and I’m still slated for a later November / early December delivery with a build allocation for October. Dealer even told me they just had more fulfilled orders on route to their lot right now.
I also ordered in July and spoke to my SA today in Santa Barbara,Ca and asked him if he was getting his Taycans on time. He said,”YES within 3-4 days”. So I wonder if the delays are sporadic. When you look at all the delivery delays being mentioned on the Forum it sounds like every car is 2-12 weeks late. Hard to figure out what the real numbers are. I also wonder if there is a difference with the 2022 Cars?

yucatown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Did anyone with a Taycan in the Jacksonville arrival of 8/16 actually receive theirs as scheduled? Kind of wondering if every Taycan in that shipment is missing the TPMS.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I've tried a few times to get TYD working but for some reason it's not. The vehicle shows up under My Porsche as under my name, but I can't figure out what complex IT dance is required to get the TYD page to show up for me. Any ideas?
I just logged into Porsche.com (using the login top right). If I hit My Vehicles, nothing shows up, but if I click home (to the left of My Vehicles) the build info shows down below. There are 2 buttons "Discover Current Phase" and "Track Your Dream." It is the TYD that shows the information. See below, I posted the TYD email and the screen shots from the first 3 phases (my car has not gotten further than that).

Porsche Taycan Delivery delays TYDemail

Porsche Taycan Delivery delays TYD1
Porsche Taycan Delivery delays TYD2
Porsche Taycan Delivery delays TYD3
Porsche Taycan Delivery delays TYDDetail

(just a heads up, I had a Porsche ID with my work email, but when I placed the car order I used my personal and I have to log in with the personal email).

hkarthik

First Name
Karthik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S White
Country flag
Got it, my Home selection after logging into My Porsche just shows the vehicle info. As if it's done but not activated. No TYD info available. Probably different since this was a dealer build.

bj33813

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
PDACPA: That is a sweet looking car! My Gentian Blue 4S finished at the JAX port on 8/3 but still holding. It is headed to PEC Atlanta, someday lol. Dealer says waiting on one chip, but I no longer believe him. This waiting is agonizing.

02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
Got it, my Home selection after logging into My Porsche just shows the vehicle info. As if it's done but not activated. No TYD info available. Probably different since this was a dealer build.
If you can get the commission number from the dealer you can email [email protected] with your commission number, phone number, and preferred email address and they will set it up for you.
Sponsored