First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ST
Country flag
Yes a clickbait title

I’ve noticed all topics on this forum are hijacked by comments about depreciation to the point I’m really annoyed by it. We are all on the same boat, but lets not bring it up every 5 comments. The value isn’t going up by posting the same stuff every time. Let’s stay on-topic in other threads and leave the depreciation stuff in depreciation threads. Just enjoy the effing good vehicle you had the privilege of buying/leasing/renting or dreaming about.

I’m fine if you want to hijack this thread on anything related to depreciation

Cheers Jasper
Sponsored

mutanthands

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Suzuki Cara
Country flag
I'm just flabbergasted that the general public seem to have forgotten what the car market was like pre-pandemic. The last few years were an anomaly, it's just back to business as usual. New cars depreciate shocker...

Cars are not investments, just enjoy what you have.

Rollep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, BMW i3
Country flag
I'm just flabbergasted that the general public seem to have forgotten what the car market was like pre-pandemic. The last few years were an anomaly, it's just back to business as usual. New cars depreciate shocker...

The fact that new cars depreciate is not a shocker.

No, the big shocker is how much more Taycan depreciate compared to other Porsche models;)

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag

MAPC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2023.5 Defender, 2019 X1
Country flag

100% agree with you and the OP. The depreciation convo is exhausting. To the points raised:
- let's not forget life pre-COVID
- cars depreciate
- luxury cars depreciate even more
- I love my Taycan

That sums it up, IMHO

MAPC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2023.5 Defender, 2019 X1
Country flag
The fact that new cars depreciate is not a shocker.

No, the big shocker is how much more Taycan depreciate compared to other Porsche models;)
Well, they depreciate more than Porsche sports cars for sure but I don't think they depreciate faster than Panameras.....and, at least in some cases, the depreciation is a bit apples to apples since the original owner (at least in the US, more in some states/less in others) received massive tax credits at time of purchase.

FlyingPoint

First Name
Cobblestone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, GT3
Country flag
Before posting about depreciation - have you thought about how a forum such as this one constantly highlighting depreciation affects the resale market? If you have not, you should.

Watchesandburgers

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS
Country flag
I just love the freakin' car! Mine's in the shop right now for the heater recall and I miss it. I miss my car! How crazy is that? Depreciation is 13th or 14th on the "when I think about my Porsche..." list.

Have a great day, everyone.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
100% agree with you and the OP. The depreciation convo is exhausting. To the points raised:
- let's not forget life pre-COVID
- cars depreciate
- luxury cars depreciate even more
- I love my Taycan

That sums it up, IMHO
Not as exhausting as the Timer / Profile thread which must be longer now than War and Peace!

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Candidly, I enjoy taking in differing points of view. Otherwise, forums like this can take on a bit of a cult-like mentality. I recognize it is not nice to yuck someone else’s yum (my daughter taught me that), but Taycan depreciation is real, more significant than expected, and probably quite painful for those that consider this to be an important part of their overall experience with the car.

My only personal trigger is when Kyle gets mentioned as an “automotive journalist”.

Sorry, I cant help myself….

Last edited:

Racer_Ex

First Name
The Dude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Social media of all kinds is exhausting and annoying. Humans have lost the capacity for holding differing viewpoints and remaining civil at the same time.

SteveDC

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 308QV
Country flag
Not as exhausting as the Timer / Profile thread which must be longer now than War and Peace!
I just finished rereading War and Peace as part of a fine literature course offered on YouTube by a guy named Ben McEvoy. Much better than the thread, I have to say. 😊

Avantgarde

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Taycan RWD PB+, 21' X5 Xdrive45e, 09' Cayman
Country flag
I’ve noticed all topics on this forum are hijacked by comments about depreciation to the point I’m really annoyed by it. We are all on the same boat, but lets not bring it up every 5 comments. The value isn’t going up by posting the same stuff every time. Let’s stay on-topic in other threads and leave the depreciation stuff in depreciation threads. Just enjoy the effing good vehicle you had the privilege of buying/leasing/renting or dreaming about.

I’m fine if you want to hijack this thread on anything related to depreciation

Cheers Jasper
[/QUOTE]
Depreciation is the economic cost of owning the product in simple terms. I don't understand why you consider this topic in particular as a "hijacker". Cost is an important feature like every other aspect of a product (car, plane, computer, music system whatever is up for debate). Because if you ignore the cost, any technical achievement is possible, you can have a custom made car that goes to the moon.

I actually don't understand why people are so sensitive about it. "oh i bought my car and don't worry about depreciation, all luxury cars depreciate lets not talk about it" - is akin to "let's not talk about acceleration, all luxury cars accelerate fast". And to be honest, feels like there is a subliminal "worry" in these reactions it self, like "please don't remind it to me that makes me uncomfortable".

Now to be clear you should not "worry" about it ideally. But discuss, analyze, comment. I don't see what is the issue.
Sponsored

Last edited: