Downloading Adaptive Cruise Control via Porsche Connect?

nidge

First Name
nigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ferrari California, RR sport, Evoque
Country flag
I have selected the download for a 3 month trial of Adaptive Cruise Control. So far nothing has been transmitted to the car. Has anyone had any luck? If so, any tips on getting it working
Sponsored

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
I have selected the download for a 3 month trial of Adaptive Cruise Control. So far nothing has been transmitted to the car. Has anyone had any luck? If so, any tips on getting it working
I think you mean Innodrive. You have to have ACC to get FOD options like Innodrive. Did you follow these instructions:

Purchase a Function on Demand here in the Connect Store. When you receive the order confirmation e-mail for the service, this means that your order was successful.
Your vehicle must have connectivity in order to complete installation. Make sure that Private mode is not activated in your vehicle and that there is also no existing charging connection.
The vehicle must be ready for operation, the parking brake active and gear position P selected. Then select the menu item "Updates" in the home menu. If there is no Function on Demand in the menu item "Updates", please wait 2-3 minutes.
Hold down the start button for at least one second to end the operational readiness.
In the Goodbye screen, select "Function on Demand available" and then press "Install now". Follow the further instructions in your vehicle.
Then leave the vehicle, lock it and wait for the installation time specified by your vehicle. Your new function will be available when you next start the vehicle.

OP
OP

nidge

First Name
nigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Step 1 is confirmed. As far as step 2. What is private mode And how do you select it?

OP
OP

nidge

First Name
nigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Also. Taycans dont have parking brakes or position P

gentley

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S (sold), Taycan 4S
Country flag
You cannot simply download ACC. There are hardware components required in addition to software and so ACC needs to be included in the original build of the car. You can however "upgrade" AAC to Porsche's Innodrive system via an over-the-air.

OP
OP

nidge

First Name
nigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
yes. i’m trying to do an over the air. so far no connection or communication with the car has occurred

AMERCY

First Name
Christof
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan '19 (Crayon), Taycan 4S+ '21 (Black)
Country flag
You cannot simply download ACC. There are hardware components required in addition to software and so ACC needs to be included in the original build of the car. You can however "upgrade" AAC to Porsche's Innodrive system via an over-the-air.
I think, with all care, that the downloads being offered are based on the actual hardware base. So, if it, s being offered, it should work in theory.

AMERCY

First Name
Christof
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan '19 (Crayon), Taycan 4S+ '21 (Black)
Country flag
Ordered InnoDrive and Active Kane keeping some 2.5 weeks ago. WebUI says something like "Activation pending. Retry again later.". Dealership told me to just hold on, "backend problems".
I ordered this features just for being technophile right now and, due to travel limitation would not have any real world use case neither, I`ll keep patient. Brand trust and loallity will help me keeping on waiting. But yes, it's a little bit fishy, as in the online help it's being stated as being available within the minute.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Ah, the infamous "Awaiting Activation" ... Be prepared to wait a while as this can take more time than you'd care to think and no explanation for it either.

I don't want to worry you but I waited 8 days for all of my services to be available. I don't have ACC so no Innodrive.

Redacted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan turbo
Country flag
Indeed. Meanwhile, I can't even purchase the FOD feature because I'm blocked by an "error computing taxes" error.

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
Indeed. Meanwhile, I can't even purchase the FOD feature because I'm blocked by an "error computing taxes" error.
Somewhere there is a thread that says it might be related to the way you spell out your street address. Might have to look around for the thread but I know that is what the problem is like ST or RD.

nwills

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I presume you guys have a 2021? I have ACC in my 4S but no innodrive and it does not show up as a Function on Demand option anywhere.
Sponsored