EV Cost of ownership ?

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Interesting!

...per vehicle (Ford Mach-E) service costs of just $93 during the first three months of ownership. That compares with $366 for the Audi e-tron, $667 for the Porsche Taycan and $834 for the Jaguar I-PACE.

But then, the Mach-E is still very new on the market, need to see how it goes over the next year. I wonder why there is suddenly not a word on the T brand? ;)

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
maybe the costs for the manufacturer could be higher but that isn't the case for the consumer . I have owned EVs since 2013 and my "normal" service and repair costs have been almost zero. all the repair costs for the cars, my early tesla had enormous costs for tesla to eat, are covered by warranty.
but the dirty secret about the tesla is crash repair costs which can be astronomically high, I don't know about what the Taycan costs to repair crashes are because there isn't much data, we all must be safe drivers :cool:

Reactions: B61
OP
OP
B61

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
@kort that was my first thought... but the article says: cost of ownership, not cost for manufacturer in warranty period or something like that...
I guess that the only right answer will be (our) own experiences...

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
@kort that was my first thought... but the article says: cost of ownership, not cost for manufacturer in warranty period or something like that...
the issue with the article is that it is not well done.

rich_r

First Name
RIch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover sport
Country flag
yeah the article is confusingly worded but it seems they are actually talking about warranty repair costs.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
all you need to know about this article is - it was orginally published by “oilprices.com” - and it’s referring to diagnostic time to repairs things - an EV that dealers are not familiar with is taking 1.5 hours instead of 45 min. of mechanic time to fix an issue - this is true for any new platform - I have similar diagnostic times for my GT3 when it was the “new” 992

it’s a pointless article with no real value.

kmcdonal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan 350Z, Subaru WRX
Country flag
OP
OP
B61

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Have you seen thread when someone wrote about his friend, who made 300k miles with three sets of tyres? :giggle:

FrozenRobert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan S Cherry Red
Country flag
Yes not a very well-written article, agreed. How did they arrive at that data? What is the breakdown? I've had my Taycan for a couple months, I've paid ZERO for any maintenance or repair. Nada. Nothing. And I don't expect to for the next 2-3 years.

I do agree about the statement of EV costs being "front-loaded", but that's something applicable to any EV, and by extension, a new model of ICE vehicle, in order to pay back the R&D and inputs for bringing product to market.

So much misinformation about EVs, it's kind of ridiculous.

kmcdonal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan 350Z, Subaru WRX
Country flag
Have you seen thread when someone wrote about his friend, who made 300k miles with three sets of tyres? :giggle:
Yeah, that is not going to happen with Taycan owners. Seems like folks on this forum are swapping them out every 5 to 10K miles.

OP
OP
B61

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Yes not a very well-written article, agreed. How did they arrive at that data? What is the breakdown? I've had my Taycan for a couple months, I've paid ZERO for any maintenance or repair. Nada. Nothing. And I don't expect to for the next 2-3 years.

I do agree about the statement of EV costs being "front-loaded", but that's something applicable to any EV, and by extension, a new model of ICE vehicle, in order to pay back the R&D and inputs for bringing product to market.

So much misinformation about EVs, it's kind of ridiculous.
agreed.
that’s why i said that only personal experiences matters….

porsche_coyote

First Name
Wiley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW ID.4 AWD Pro S, BMW i3
Country flag
Yeah, that is not going to happen with Taycan owners. Seems like folks on this forum are swapping them out every 5 to 10K miles.
Well, I'm nowhere near swapping tires and I crossed 10k miles yesterday (on a great road--Arroyo Seca between Carmel and Greenfield, CA). Based on current wear, I suspect I'm due for replacements in another 5k miles or so.

schad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, e-tron
Country flag
15k on a set of tires would make me very happy. Is that for the summers or all-seasons?
Sponsored