Front license plate (in states that require)

kadwar

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S, Macan GTS, Audi R8, 2022 Taycan 4S coming
Country flag
I've yet to see a Taycan with a (U.S) front license plate, or even a picture of one. I live in NY state and it's required. Has anyone put one on their Taycan? Thoughts?
Sponsored

RBGtaycan

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia EV6; Taycan RWD....Past: 356, Cayman S
Country flag
I've yet to see a Taycan with a (U.S) front license plate, or even a picture of one. I live in NY state and it's required. Has anyone put one on their Taycan? Thoughts?
got a ticket in Garden City for no front plate...decided to put plate on! looks fine w/ factory plate holder and only used two screws (+ 2 sided tape)

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
I live in NY state and it's required.
I live in MO state and it’s required.

It’s still not on there. ?

I haven’t run front plates for…I don’t know how long. 10 or 15 years. I don’t remember.

TayFan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Audi A7, Mercedes ML350
Country flag
I dont trust police and therefore cannot bring myself to give them any “probably cause” to pull me over… I seem like I’m the minority there, but have had my share of bad experiences with police for no good reason… ??‍♂

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
I live in Texas which requires a front plate and have been rolling the dice for a decade. I thankfully live near the NM and Mexico border which doesn't require them so cops aren't on the lookout for this.

I will pay the fine rather than drill into the car. Thats said, there are some solid alternative options on here if you're worried about it.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
I just installed it. It looks fine. If U regularly pass through EZ pass toll areas (as we do here in NYC), you can easily be issued a ticket for not having a front plate. If the toll transceiver does not work, the plate is what they use to verify the account. They check the front plate first. If they have to check the back plate, it's extra work, and sometimes that view is obscured by the car following you.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
There is a company that makes a holder that attaches in the front tow hook and I think some others have created temp holders that attach to a grill (which in the Taycan would have have to be under the front bumper). I think some in Europe use a decal.

I hear the argument of "not giving probable cause" to pull me over, but I think I would pay the ticket rather than run one if I lived where they required them.

Heck Steve Jobs used to run with no tag on his Mercedes. Some law in CA that in the first six months no tag was required and he would swap the car out every 6 months.

https://abcnews.go.com/Technology/steve-jobs-car-apple-ceo-license-plates/story?id=14834608

schad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, e-tron
Country flag
I live in New Hampshire, so my take on it is: Live free or die.

So far the local PD hasn't seemed to care, which is good, because if they decided to be strict about it I probably would have no choice but to comply.

RBGtaycan

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia EV6; Taycan RWD....Past: 356, Cayman S
Country flag
There is a company that makes a holder that attaches in the front tow hook and I think some others have created temp holders that attach to a grill (which in the Taycan would have have to be under the front bumper). I think some in Europe use a decal.

I hear the argument of "not giving probable cause" to pull me over, but I think I would pay the ticket rather than run one if I lived where they required them.

Heck Steve Jobs used to run with no tag on his Mercedes. Some law in CA that in the first six months no tag was required and he would swap the car out every 6 months.

https://abcnews.go.com/Technology/steve-jobs-car-apple-ceo-license-plates/story?id=14834608
I have used tow hook plate holders and find them awkward, a little ugly and a giant pain to setup to avoid sensors......

ejcintr

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s, F150
Country flag
Have not had front plates on my cars in CA for 9 years.. and yes I have been pulled over for speeding.. but never a ticket for the front plate... so until I am ticketed for non compliance.. not going to do it.. I don't think CHP or local police care... at least in my experience.

Chris8536

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (Sold) X7 M50i (sold) cayenne GTS coupe
Country flag
Have not had front plates on my cars in CA for 9 years.. and yes I have been pulled over for speeding.. but never a ticket for the front plate... so until I am ticketed for non compliance.. not going to do it.. I don't think CHP or local police care... at least in my experience.
Bay Area they don’t care, LA they do.
Sponsored