GTS USA status

nickmdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I need some advice. I picked up my 2022 GTS ST two weeks ago. I was going to have the XPEL PPF Wrap done by a local certified installer but the SA at the dealership convinced me to do it there as they have the XPEL Spotter machines and have done many Taycans. I decided to let them do the install and now believe they did a subpar job. What recourse do I have?
Sort of depends on what was subpar about the job. If there are clear issues with the install, I'd take it to the certified installer and get their take on it, and have them explain to the dealer (potentially getting XPEL involved) why it isn't to spec. XPEL would certainly want to know if a dealer wasn't installing things correctly, as it would cost them money in the long run to provide warranty service for the PPF.
Sponsored

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
Talk to the people who installed it first.

Explain calmly what issues you have with it and discuss resolution.

If they don't want to do anything, and you still disagree, make notes on why they think you are mistaken, then try and get a second opinion. But if it's anything like the UK, don't e surprised if other installers don't want to get involved. There's little to no upside for them.

Harbor_Dawg

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 90D; 2020 Porsche GT4; Ram 1500
Country flag
Placed my order for a GTS ST back in January. At the time the dealer was saying the vehicle would be built in May with an estimated delivery in July. As of last week, the dealer indicates "There is still no estimated dates on production or delivery quite yet." So I'm a bit confused/annoyed.
Update on my GTS Sport Turismo:

*Deposit placed 11/29/21 (had to look this up)
*Build Locks 05/13/22
*Vehicle Completion Est. 06/24/22
*At Dealer Est. 08/26/22

Build Code: PNZ6KTP6

AddAlfa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS Sport Turismo
Country flag
Sort of depends on what was subpar about the job. If there are clear issues with the install, I'd take it to the certified installer and get their take on it, and have them explain to the dealer (potentially getting XPEL involved) why it isn't to spec. XPEL would certainly want to know if a dealer wasn't installing things correctly, as it would cost them money in the long run to provide warranty service for the PPF.
Thanks

AddAlfa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS Sport Turismo
Country flag
Talk to the people who installed it first.

Explain calmly what issues you have with it and discuss resolution.

If they don't want to do anything, and you still disagree, make notes on why they think you are mistaken, then try and get a second opinion. But if it's anything like the UK, don't e surprised if other installers don't want to get involved. There's little to no upside for them.
Thanks

npx

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Ahh that's so disappointing to hear... I will say that having worked with/in a dealership detailing shop at an Audi/Porsche store...I would never go with them vs a dedicated shop.

At the dedicated detail shop their entire business is the detailing. At the dealership they have half their guys simply working to do quick detail jobs that they charge 100-300 dollars for, and they're doing 10 cars per day. Competing priorities.

As others suggested, show what you think is poorly done and go from there. Best of luck.

andrew1cohen

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tayvan GTS, June BMW M4 Convert, Audi, Alfa Romeo
Country flag
Hi,
I put my GTS deposit in Early December. According to Porsche, I should have locked yesterday, but nothing changed in the app. Delivery is TBD. Is this what others are seeing? Anything I can do to get more detail other than wait? I'm not really expecting delivery till the fall at this point!

MConte05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4. GTS ST inbound
Country flag
Update on my GTS Sport Turismo:

*Deposit placed 11/29/21 (had to look this up)
*Build Locks 05/13/22
*Vehicle Completion Est. 06/24/22
*At Dealer Est. 08/26/22

Build Code: PNZ6KTP6
When did you get an allocation?

npx

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Hi,
I put my GTS deposit in Early December. According to Porsche, I should have locked yesterday, but nothing changed in the app. Delivery is TBD. Is this what others are seeing? Anything I can do to get more detail other than wait? I'm not really expecting delivery till the fall at this point!
Nice. Which dealer? I did my GTS ST deposit at Marin in Jan and they told me I was #5.

Harbor_Dawg

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 90D; 2020 Porsche GT4; Ram 1500
Country flag
When did you get an allocation?
Back in November the dealer told me they had a GTS sedan allocation they were switching over to a GTS ST for me. Then production timeline was just issued on 4/13. I’m at $7,500 over MSRP. I had put a deposit down on a CT Turbo, but that dealer wanted $20,000 over MSRP for a GTS ST.

andrew1cohen

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tayvan GTS, June BMW M4 Convert, Audi, Alfa Romeo
Country flag
I got my allocation from Marin. I tried to get it from Redwood city, but they want an extra $20k, so I walked. Redwood city is way more organized, but $20k is $20k.

Deposit in early December, I think I locked last Friday.

OP
OP
jcg

jcg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' BMW X5, 22' Taycan GTS
Country flag
Porsche Taycan GTS USA status A390FBD9-F44D-4C69-B4C8-4EFEA4546D69
Porsche Taycan GTS USA status B8752233-5F5A-4A37-842A-67824C7747B2
Porsche Taycan GTS USA status E3F81B37-F5D2-4505-8994-E6C57D9BEEE7

Picked up the car last week in NJ and drove to my home in upstate NY. Absolutely phenomenal! Superior build quality compared to my Audi RS5 that I traded in at the time.

Charging for the first time was a little anxiety provoking but everything went smoothly at the 2 EA chargers on the way back. Haven’t driven much since (very difficult) as I’m awaiting PPF and ceramic this week.

X88

First Name
Zain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS
Country flag
A390FBD9-F44D-4C69-B4C8-4EFEA4546D69.jpeg
B8752233-5F5A-4A37-842A-67824C7747B2.jpeg
E3F81B37-F5D2-4505-8994-E6C57D9BEEE7.jpeg

Picked up the car last week in NJ and drove to my home in upstate NY. Absolutely phenomenal! Superior build quality compared to my Audi RS5 that I traded in at the time.

Charging for the first time was a little anxiety provoking but everything went smoothly at the 2 EA chargers on the way back. Haven’t driven much since (very difficult) as I’m awaiting PPF and ceramic this week.
Congratulations .. beautiful looking car! Look forward to more pics once you've had the PPF and ceramic done.

BTW maybe it's just a trick of the light, but the front right turn indicator seems to be yellow rather than the clear that thought comes with GTS trim ... is that right?

OP
OP
jcg

jcg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' BMW X5, 22' Taycan GTS
Country flag
Congratulations .. beautiful looking car! Look forward to more pics once you've had the PPF and ceramic done.

BTW maybe it's just a trick of the light, but the front right turn indicator seems to be yellow rather than the clear that thought comes with GTS trim ... is that right?
comes with the yellow reflective side marker but I switched it out to the European clear. The lights were on at the time and it illuminates yellow.
Porsche Taycan GTS USA status 840DC840-6D17-4286-9712-EAED8D4C0478

Last edited:

X88

First Name
Zain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS
Country flag
comes with the yellow reflective side marker but I switched it out to the European clear. The lights were on at the time and it illuminates yellow.
840DC840-6D17-4286-9712-EAED8D4C0478.jpeg
I didn't realize the GTS standard side markers are yellow in the U.S. They appear white in the configurator and I didn't see an option to select clear markers (of course the configurator is down now so I can't double check 🤦‍♂️).

I assume you got the clear reflectors after market ... could you share where from?

Thanks ...