Heater broken. My turn.

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
How long does it take to get to 21.5C? I recently remotely pre-warmed my Taycan recently in ~0C, 35 minutes later the car was warm (I had it set to 72F, so 22.2C).
Oh wow. The pre-heat timer on the instrument cluster says typically 5 min (in the summer it's 10). But that's not from 0, rather garage temp. I'll keep an eye out this evening after work.

(unlike Tesla, the the Porsche app doesn't tell me when the car has reached the target temp)
Do you not get these (annoying) notifications? I don't know how to make them stop - it's all types (including charging alerts, which I kinda need) or none.
Porsche Taycan Heater broken. My turn. IMG_0021

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Oh wow. The pre-heat timer on the instrument cluster says typically 5 min (in the summer it's 10). But that's not from 0, rather garage temp. I'll keep an eye out this evening after work.
If you start it from the app, it starts at 60 minutes (that number also shows on the IC). I think that's also true if you start preheat from within the car. I never used the timers, so not sure how long that preheat it.

Do you not get these (annoying) notifications? I don't know how to make them stop - it's all types (including charging alerts, which I kinda need) or none.
Yep, I do. I haven't found a way to select which notifications I want to see. Tesla app has always had these as settings for a decade now, MyPorsche doesn't not (or at least not where I would expect them to be), perhaps it's coming at some future point. You are right, the only way is to disable whole app notifications on the phone/watch, but that's throwing the baby out with the bath water.

Last edited:

UserNameRequired

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Tesla Model 3/X
Country flag
Brothers and sisters, I am here to join your club of HV Heater failures. Service desk told me it's the HV Heater specifically that failed and that there is 'no stock from the manufacturer.' At least the loaner they gave is a new Taycan with 600 mi on it so it will do.

I have a 2020 Turbo S with 8k miles for those tracking this sort of thing.

Calvin1331

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
I don’t even have my car yet but found out today it’s stuck at port waiting for a heater core replacement 😭

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
It's finally cold here and on a long drive yesterday we realized the heater in the 22 CT4 is not working.

No preheat. Will call the dealer tomorrow.

Last edited:

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
Dealer was able to take the car this morning, so we dropped it off and they gave us a RWD Taycan as a loaner. Loaner had 249 miles, new 2024.

Last edited:

UserNameRequired

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Tesla Model 3/X
Country flag
Brothers and sisters, I am here to join your club of HV Heater failures. Service desk told me it's the HV Heater specifically that failed and that there is 'no stock from the manufacturer.' At least the loaner they gave is a new Taycan with 600 mi on it so it will do.

I have a 2020 Turbo S with 8k miles for those tracking this sort of thing.
Following up. Got a new heater, took 13 days, start to finish.

Bruno

First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini JCW,Audi A6,Ducati 748S,Honda CB750,BMW K100R
Country flag
My turn ! Heater broke down and it is getting cold here .
Tried 3 ! days to call my dealer ( maintenance) without luck ! Was able to contact them trough my salesman .
Now the good part , will have to wait 2 yes 2 months before getting helped .
Car has to stay for a week because of replacement heater , full update on systems and check of battery .
(I get a replacement car but pretty sure I have to pay for this .)
Said and wrote an email to say I wouldn't accept this but of course NO reply .
How is this possible ????
Official Dealer !
Disgusted ....

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Tried 3 ! days to call my dealer ( maintenance) without luck ! Was able to contact them trough my salesman .
Car has to stay for a week because of replacement heater , full update on systems and check of battery .
Official Dealer !
Disgusted ....
I assume you should get a similar service to the UK, so my experience/recommendation:
Phone porsche assistance to have it recovered (rather than the dealer). It qualifies as a safety issue as your car could steam up and you could have a bump. They have to investigated and given you a report within 5 days. They have to give you a loan car (enterprise 'premium' rental in UK) for the duration.
Mine was fixed and returned within 1 week. This was during the first outbreak of heater failures when there was virtually no stock of replacements and horror stories of 3 or 4 months wait. I even got the just launched upgraded part, apparently.
The dealership i used was part of the porsche retail group i.e. owned by porsche rather than a franchise. I got the impression they'd got a load of stock or replacements rather than having to order each time, like a franchise may have to do. If they have a PRG or similar porsche owned dealers near you, then maybe get it recovered to one of them.

Good luck, hope you get my experience.

edit. re-read what you wrote and car is already with them i guess.

OP
OP
McgR

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Official Dealer !
Disgusted ....
Latem? Contacting them is horrible. No answer to mails and when I finally got them on the phone I had a reply from a grumpy lady that they are under staffed and to busy and she still had to answer 60 other mails first. ot the service I was used to driving BMW for more trhzn

When they fixed my car for the heater it was in for a week. Mine was collected by calling Porsche Assisrance, VAB left me a 5 series for a week. Porsche pays for a week. For other fixes in warranty I got a Taycan for the time needed by the dealer. Usually 2-5 days.

Driving 30 minutes everytime something is broken, waiting a week, how they address me. I live the Taycan but my next car will be something with a dealer in the town where I live.

I was happy at the end they fixed my car within a week before winter holidays.

Reading all report now I realize my replacement is not the new one and it may fail again. Fingers crossed. 🤞

Last edited:

Bruno

First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini JCW,Audi A6,Ducati 748S,Honda CB750,BMW K100R
Country flag
I assume you should get a similar service to the UK, so my experience/recommendation:
Phone porsche assistance to have it recovered (rather than the dealer). It qualifies as a safety issue as your car could steam up and you could have a bump. They have to investigated and given you a report within 5 days. They have to give you a loan car (enterprise 'premium' rental in UK) for the duration.
Mine was fixed and returned within 1 week. This was during the first outbreak of heater failures when there was virtually no stock of replacements and horror stories of 3 or 4 months wait. I even got the just launched upgraded part, apparently.
The dealership i used was part of the porsche retail group i.e. owned by porsche rather than a franchise. I got the impression they'd got a load of stock or replacements rather than having to order each time, like a franchise may have to do. If they have a PRG or similar porsche owned dealers near you, then maybe get it recovered to one of them.

Hi Bob,
Thanks for the good tip , I'll give it a few more days and then will try to have it recovered .
No ,the car is still on my driveway and use another car since it is too cold .
Bought it in one of the official Porsche dealers here in Belgium ....
Will think again in a couple of years IF I think again of buying a new car ...
Greetings,
Bruno .

OP
OP
McgR

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag

When was yours fixed? I also assumed I got the fixed part in December 2022 but several reports now that the fixed parts are produced from 03/2023.
Sponsored